Bush Denounces Outside Ads

Clapinski02

Dole told CNN's "Late Edition" in relation to Kerry: "I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of."

WTF Dole, is it a pissing contest to see who got injured worse? He also said something about "he got a purple heart but never went on disability." huh? what's that got to do with anything?

They smeared McCain, smeared Max Cleland, smeared Kerry, military service just doesn't seem to be good enough.

Kerry's major emphasis on his military service just seems like a stupid campaign to me.? Let's talk about the issues.? Vietnam happened 35 years ago.

523590[/snapback]

THANK YOU.....agreed 100 percent!!!!!!!

Kerry is afraid, however, to talk about the issues. He seems to think he can say "I'm John Kerry, i'm a war hero, and i'm not President Bush" and win the election, and I think he is making a grave mistake with this philosophy...

lol...I love it. Lets talk about the issues?! Are you kidding me?! All Bush does is call Kerry a flip flopper and says he is "stronger" and Kerry is "weaker." Yeah, sure...issues. If Bush wants to make it an issue of who has courage and resolve when under fire, then Kerry will point out his service. His point, and a valid one at that, is I did fine when I was being shot at. Im not gonna panick now. Now will Bush talk about healthcare, the enviroment, Iraq, the economy, the defecit(hmm..is this an issue?!), the trade gap, etc etc.

lol...I love it. Lets talk about the issues?! Are you kidding me?! All Bush does is call Kerry a flip flopper and says he is "stronger" and Kerry is "weaker." Yeah, sure...issues. If Bush wants to make it an issue of who has courage and resolve when under fire, then Kerry will point out his service. His point, and a valid one at that, is I did fine when I was being shot at. Im not gonna panick now. Now will Bush talk about healthcare, the enviroment, Iraq, the economy, the defecit(hmm..is this an issue?!), the trade gap, etc etc.

524096[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol

If your going to tell me Kerry talks about the issues, than your nuts.

Bush may not always be talking about the issues, but unlike Kerry, at least he addresses them. Kerry just avoids having an opinion on everything and hopes Bush will put his foot in his mouth.

[

:lol :lol :lol

Bush may not always be talking about the issues, but unlike Kerry, at least he addresses them. Kerry just avoids having an opinoion on everything and hopes Bush will put his foot in his mouth.

524185[/snapback]

Care to provide something to actually back up your claims? If I remember their was this thing called a convention speech, you know the speech he had to rush through just to get to the end because of everything he had to say, so much that the networks couldn't air post speech reaction just on the cable networks. A man avoiding the issue having a long speech? Seems a little weird to me, now let's talk to all political analysts. All have been saying the swift boat is bad for kerry because it forces him to adress that rather than what he was doing in talking about issues.

[

:lol ? :lol ? :lol

Bush may not always be talking about the issues, but unlike Kerry, at least he addresses them.? Kerry just avoids having an opinoion on everything and hopes Bush will put his foot in his mouth.

524185[/snapback]

Care to provide something to actually back up your claims? If I remember their was this thing called a convention speech, you know the speech he had to rush through just to get to the end because of everything he had to say, so much that the networks couldn't air post speech reaction just on the cable networks. A man avoiding the issue having a long speech? Seems a little weird to me, now let's talk to all political analysts. All have been saying the swift boat is bad for kerry because it forces him to adress that rather than what he was doing in talking about issues.

524190[/snapback]

A long speech doesn't mean he addresses the issues, it just means he talks a lot.

I watched A LOT of the Democratic National Convention Crap in an effort to try and learn Kerry's views on things, and I didn't get anything out of it. I don't even like Bush, but John Kerry is the master of beating around the bush for personal gain.

Kerry thinks he can become president by staying quiet and letting Bush beat himself, and i've never seen a candidate for President who addressed the issues less at this state of the game than Kerry has.

And no I can't give you "proof" because if I link you to an article that agrees with me, you'll just say "oh a right winger wrote that garbage" in order to disprove the article, so I won't waste my time.

[

:lol ?? :lol ?? :lol

Bush may not always be talking about the issues, but unlike Kerry, at least he addresses them.? Kerry just avoids having an opinoion on everything and hopes Bush will put his foot in his mouth.

524185[/snapback]

524190[/snapback]

A long speech doesn't mean he addresses the issues, it just means he talks a lot.

I watched A LOT of the Democratic National Convention Crap in an effort to try and learn Kerry's views on things, and I didn't get anything out of it. I don't even like Bush, but John Kerry is the master of beating around the bush for personal gain.

Kerry thinks he can become president by staying quiet and letting Bush beat himself, and i've never seen a candidate for President who addressed the issues less at this state of the game than Kerry has.

And no I can't give you "proof" because if I link you to an article that agrees with me, you'll just say "oh a right winger wrote that garbage" in order to disprove the article, so I won't waste my time.

524196[/snapback]

Another question for you, would someone trying to avoid the issues have the dnc run an ad providing everyone with a link to where you can see his stances on the issues.

Yes, He wants to avoid the issues BUT at the same time run an ad giving you a place to see his stance on the issues.

[

:lol ?? :lol ?? :lol

524185[/snapback]

524190[/snapback]

524196[/snapback]

Another question for you, would someone trying to avoid the issues have the dnc run an ad providing everyone with a link to where you can see his stances on the issues.

Yes, He wants to avoid the issues BUT at the same time run an ad giving you a place to see his stance on the issues.

524206[/snapback]

A link to his stances??? That's PATHETIC.....

How about he actually gets in front of TV cameras and tells us what he thinks, any idiot can have a political staff fabricate his opinions through an internet link.....

what do you want, Kerry to give an explicit speech about EXACTLY what he will do and be totally techincal about it? He is addressing the issues and in fact even addressing those which are Bush's stengths, ie terrorism. The difference is that Kerry is actually saying THIS is what is important and this is what needs to be adressed and that George Bush is not addressing these particular issues. He isnt resorting to ambigiuty and bumper sticker politics like flip flopper. Now whether or not you agree with him on these things is one thing. But you have to admit Kerry has come out and said these are important:

-Give companies incentives to not send jobs abroad.

-Bring more of the international community to Iraq

-Adopt the 9-11 commision reccomendation fully.

-Appoint an intelligence czar to oversee all the agencies.

-Not allow the Yucca mountain enviromental disaster

-cut middle class taxes

etc etc.

Let me ask you this. Has Kerry resorted to a flip flopper like tactic? No. Has Bush? Yes.

Guest Juanky

524096[/snapback]

Meh.....Three purple hearts isn't being shot at and "doing fine". It's more of being shot at and "not getting out of the way" three separate times.

524096[/snapback]

Meh.....Three purple hearts isn't being shot at and "doing fine". It's more of being shot at and "not getting out of the way" three separate times.

524222[/snapback]

You think the three purple hearts were the only time he was shot at? He commanded a boat that was ambushed a number of times. He commanded soldiers in a dangerous region.

Guest Juanky

524096[/snapback]

524222[/snapback]

You think the three purple hearts were the only time he was shot at? He commanded a boat that was ambushed a number of times. He commanded soldiers in a dangerous region.

524225[/snapback]

Meh. Real soldiers don't get three purple hearts.

Criticizing is one thing. But these guys outright lies and decieved. Admin Thurlow in the ad says that when the chips were down, you couldnt county on John Kerry. On hardball, Chris Matthews asks him to elaborate and he says Kerry wanted out of there teh day he got in. Matthws asks what proof he has of this Kerry conspiracy and he gives none. Just says he didnt like Kerry. Is that proper critisism? To say basically call him a coward without any basis? There is a difference between smear and critisism. Thats something Bush needs to learn.

They allege that no gunfire happend that day. They are basically saying teh Navy and all the other guys are lying. Did you read the Tribune editor;s op ed on this? This guy wasnt even involved in the political events until that lie came up.

Criticizing is one thing. But these guys outright lies and decieved. Admin Thurlow in the ad says that when the chips were down, you couldnt county on John Kerry. On hardball, Chris Matthews asks him to elaborate and he says Kerry wanted out of there teh day he got in. Matthws asks what proof he has of this Kerry conspiracy and he gives none. Just says he didnt like Kerry. Is that proper critisism? To say basically call him a coward without any basis? There is a difference between smear and critisism. Thats something Bush needs to learn.

They allege that no gunfire happend that day. They are basically saying teh Navy and all the other guys are lying. Did you read the Tribune editor;s op ed on this? This guy wasnt even involved in the political events until that lie came up.

524252[/snapback]

theres nothing I love more than the ole schoolyard trick of responding to an accusation with the same one that was used on you. Bush is a flipflopper, why only b/c kerry was accused of being one first due to voting record. Everyone knows how bush stands on the issues b/c hes the incumbent, in fact the challenger's using to his advantage the fact that everyone knows how bush stands on the issues and leaving his ideas nebulous to not turn anyone off. I disagree with many of the issues kerry mentioned at the dnc but for the most part he did not go into any hard details about how he will accomplish these certai nthings and rightfully so. A challenger going up against an incumbent which has been battered by media should not do or say anything that will make him disliked because he needs to use his advantage. Kerry is defintely not being clear on issues and its the best strategy he can use

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.