New Stadium

Guest Moneyball

when could we see a logo change? and would it mean totally new uniforms and marlin style logo? If they do completely new unis i would like to see a dodgers, orioles, royals type scripts on the unis.

can't wait until they put those bricks on sale to see my name on a big league ballpark.

568259[/snapback]

may not be bricks like you think of, may be pavers on a sidewalk or something like Disney World when entering the Magic Kingdom.

568580[/snapback]

What?

What the hell are those, Cape?

568850[/snapback]

A paver is a stone used to cover the sidewalk to make it look nice like a cobblestone for example. It would have the name engraved in it and be on the ground. This is still undecided, but if you don't use bricks, you gotta have some other things to sell.

Brick is not something that will be as widespread as in other parks so they may use

Cape, this sounds perfect to me. I like the integration of these metal beams with Floridian flora. It makes sense that the exterior will resemble PETCO in some ways as the OB has the same basic rafter construction. Besides, it alludes to older days as most old ballparks were built in a similar fashion - with rivets and beams. See Wrigley. I would like to see this take on a Miami flare, with lots of whites and accented by bold colors. Make it shine.

The aquarium will be a very nice draw. I think that would really add a unique experience to the game and its fans too. Since we cant be on the ocean, bring it to us. Love it. Curious to see how they handle it. I would like to see them intersperse the aquarium throughout the park. You know, kind of like stretching it out so you not only can go see the aquarium, but you can sit on top of it and look down and see the fish. Or have it come up through some sections so the fish can swim around the fans in certain sections. That would be very interesting and definetly a one-of-a kind experience that would interest non-baseball fans too.

I am glad you are on this, Cape. Great job. Now, you going to help me with my blog or what? :D

Cape, this sounds perfect to me. I like the integration of these metal beams with Floridian flora. It makes sense that the exterior will resemble PETCO in some ways as the OB has the same basic rafter construction. Besides, it alludes to older days as most old ballparks were built in a similar fashion - with rivets and beams. See Wrigley. I would like to see this take on a Miami flare, with lots of whites and accented by bold colors. Make it shine.

The aquarium will be a very nice draw. I think that would really add a unique experience to the game and its fans too. Since we cant be on the ocean, bring it to us. Love it. Curious to see how they handle it. I would like to see them intersperse the aquarium throughout the park. You know, kind of like stretching it out so you not only can go see the aquarium, but you can sit on top of it and look down and see the fish. Or have it come up through some sections so the fish can swim around the fans in certain sections. That would be very interesting and definetly a one-of-a kind experience that would interest non-baseball fans too.

I am glad you are on this, Cape. Great job.

569678[/snapback]

Someone understands what I am saying! Yea! :happydance

The aquarium thing is a big question mark from what I have heard because of the free will it allows, but I think they may want to centralize it due to logistical reasons. Don't forget the community center!

The Mike Lowell issue comes up again in this article from the PBP:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/conten...lmore_0924.html

Here is why: If the Marlins were willing to guarantee the final $30 million of a $367 million stadium agreement with city and county leaders in Miami, they could have had a deal months ago. Instead, the Marlins have signaled they want another at-bat with state legislators for that money in March.

At this point, shrugging and saying no ballpark deal has advantages for the Marlins. It gives them bargaining leverage with the state (pay up or we might move). It also gives the team more flexibility as playoff hopes dim and the club decides whether to reload or rebuild.

I think this time the fans can breathe a little easier, even if there's no stadium deal now, because the Washington threat will be or is about to be taken out of the equation. The next big threat is either Portland or Vegas, and that involves moving the team out West. I doubt MLB would be eager to do that while figuring out if the A's and Twins can stay where they are. Look at how much time they spend figuring out the Expos situation. :blink: