New Stadium

Miggie_24

Ok first off, where should it be? Seating? Name? Gimme anything you can think of plz ppl. No flames... I'm thinking somewhere towards where its at, near the border of dade and broward. Alot of the marlins fans come to see games from broward and palm beach and moving the team downtown would cost us alot of fans. Seating I was thinking somewhere between 45-50 thou. Names I got no clue whatsoever........ wats everybody else got????

I like that it will be downtown. It will attract the PB and Broward residents who work in Miami-Dade and a much younger (although poorer) population who have grown up with the team.

524331[/snapback]

All those Palm Beach and Broward residents who work in Miami-Dade know how much of a nightmare it is to drive south into Miami. The further south the stadium, the less amount of Broward and Palm Beach residents.

All those Palm Beach and Broward residents who work in Miami-Dade know how much of a nightmare it is to drive south into Miami. The further south the stadium, the less amount of Broward and Palm Beach residents.

Well, traffic is alot easier going south than going north in the afternoon in South Florida.

Well, traffic is alot easier going south than going north in the afternoon in South Florida.

524528[/snapback]

This statement is absolutly correct, it is much more of a nightmare driving north during the week than it is driving south in the evening, and during the weekend there is no traffic, downtown miami is no more than 15 minutes from PPS on I-95, however driving north bound is absolutly horrendous, I should know because driving to PPS from Kendall is about the worst thing possible, I know for a fact because I was in Del Ray Beach a few weeks back and drove from there to PPS for a Marlins game, I made it to PPS in 45 minutes during the week, from Kendall it takes me atleast an hour to an hour and a half, the turnpike; 826; US 1 to I 95 to PPS, they are all absolutly horrendous...the advantage to it being in Dade is that public transportation will be available, not only for dade residents but broward and palm beach resident via tri-rail to metrorail...with all this being said I could careless where they put the stadium as long A STADIUM IS BUILT !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moneyball

Hey Cape, when do you think we'll start seeing some conceptual drawings or models on the new stadium?

557540[/snapback]

By December is my best information. October (or November if the Marlins make the playoffs) is what I hear is likely for renderings and sketches from HOK.

557955[/snapback]

:notworthy

It seems like it will be a similiar, if not identical, situation to Wrigley. The Cubs' digs seats about 38K and doesnt offer a whole lot of parking in the immediate area. In fact, it is best just to take the EL to the games. People do drive there, though, although I wouldnt want to.

And the games are an event - with sports bars all around and people decked out in Cubs paraphenalia. I imagine it would be very similar there near the OB and that area of town. I hope that the stadium is intimate enough for the fan experience inside but also forges a dynamic with the fans outside. Hundreds of fans wait outside the stadium for home run balls and go to the bars around the area and of course, there are the neighboring buildings which also offer views into the stadium that you can actually watch from.

I cant wait to see what they come up with.

Theres alot of space in N.E, about 29 st. they just demolished a building i think, and they were talking about a mall but they arent sure. i personally think it would be better as the Marlin stadium. Its very spacious, enough for parking and a stadium.As for a name, i think they should go basic and name it Marlin Stadium.

540604[/snapback]

I feel the same way. Great spot of lang. I think they're building a Condo Complex: Midtown Miami, there.

Leak your peeks!

563281[/snapback]

I can't, they hide them well.

563282[/snapback]

All this means is that Cape is FULL OF IT :p

566550[/snapback]

OK, tell me when have I been incorrect? I said there would be no in play bullpens, no teal monster as we know it, and the park resembles PETCO in layout.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.