Who said IVan was done?

Rune

I woke up last night to 60 mph winds and downpoars.

Woke up today, to a basement flooded by 8 ft high water with my weights, washer @ dryer, and so much more floating around while our humidifer was destroyed which means we can probably expect mold to form.

Thankfully, I live in an area that will not get flooding but so many areas close to here, are being flooded with people being evacuated in to schools as the many creeks and susquehannah are flooding. Trees are done everywhere and when my mom was out delivering papers this morning she saw many houses flooding into living rooms and such.

Have not seen something like this since 96.

Are you in Philly Rune?

563312[/snapback]

Outside of it, I live their most of the time in the summer with my bro but during school I'm about an our or so out of it. I have not called my brother yet to see what they got but many areas where I live are dealing with serious flooding due to so many creeks and poor preparation for this.

All the towns and cities near the susquehannah by tomorrow will be in the double digits over the flood lines, including Wilkes Barre and Scranton, two key areas both pres canidates want to win so we may even get a visit from them.

All I have to say is if we get this from a watered down version of Ivan, god bless those who got the real thing :plain

hey Cape, may want to re-open Ivan..it may turn around and come our way from what I heard.

563351[/snapback]

It would be known as Ivan. It would merge with Jeanne according to the model and therefore be known as Jeanne.

563398[/snapback]

Not quite, they're saying on the news that it would destroy Jeanne, therefore being known as Ivan..

hey Cape, may want to re-open Ivan..it may turn around and come our way from what I heard.

563351[/snapback]

It would be known as Ivan. It would merge with Jeanne according to the model and therefore be known as Jeanne.

563398[/snapback]

Not quite, they're saying on the news that it would destroy Jeanne, therefore being known as Ivan..

563467[/snapback]

NHC has officially finished it's file on Ivan.

563351[/snapback]

563398[/snapback]

563467[/snapback]

NHC has officially finished it's file on Ivan.

563521[/snapback]

They did a while ago. It was said Ivan may go out to sea and reform, though. Nobody knows, and they could bring it back if needed. Sounds like Jeanne may be done, too.

Here it's being compared to the monster flood of 96 in a lot of areas but like I said where I lived flooding isn't a huge issue because the big creeks about 2 miles way and we're up a hill from it but other areas got it bad.

Took about an hr for 911 to pump the basement but my punching bag is ruined we're going to look at other damage down their later(I could see my punching bag down at the bottom so that's how I knew it was ruined).

We had over 6 inches of rain fall in less than an hr at one point and now the sun's coming out so a very weird storm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.