Roy Jones loses

Rune

Tonight Glen Johnson walked into the ring, 35 years old a shot prospect from The Miami Area. In his last 18 fights he went 8 - 9 - 1

Roy Jones once the pound for pound champion and one of the greatest we have ever seen, was hungry to get back after his first loss of his career. He was in shape, he was ready.

Glen Johnson has knocked Roy Jones Jr out.

I meant that he lost.... no that he was knocked out

572760[/snapback]

Yeah, I know I basically feel the same way.

It's just eerie, seeing one of the sports greatest to ever step into the ring, still lying there(It's not life threatning or anything but Roy is defiantly hurt. Seems to be shock more so than anything).

His been my favorite boxer for a while now. Cant believe he lost. Hopefully his fine and can fight soon again (rematch) and KO Glen Johnson.

572789[/snapback]

His eyes, the way he acted during the fight, the fact that he lied on the canvas for 30 minutes and for all we know may still be there. Doesn't look like he's coming back, something needs to click for him because other wise him coming back will be a mistake.

Tonight Glen Johnson walked into the ring, 35 years old a shot prospect from The Miami Area. In his last 18 fights he went 8 - 9 - 1

Roy Jones once the pound for pound champion and one of the greatest we have ever seen, was hungry to get back after his first loss of his career. He was in shape, he was ready.

572746[/snapback]

Hey Rune, this whole paragraph is totally inaccurate and wrong. Glenn Johnson is not just some 35-year-old old a shot prospect from the Miami area and it is not like some college team beating the Pats 42-0.

If you know anything about boxing, you would know Johnson is the reigning IBF lightweight title holder and it was RJJ challenging him for the belt. He is also 41-9-2 overall. In noway is he great, but he was not some no name.

who did roy jones ever fight and beat of significance?

not that i follow boxing or care much these centuries.

573057[/snapback]

Just to name some bigger names:

Bernard Hopkins

John Ruiz

James Toney

Virgil Hill

Antonio Tarver

David Telesco

Vinny Pazineza

and those are just some names I thought you would recognize if you didn't follow boxing closely. Also don't forget, RJJ started his professional career as a middle weight and has captured a title all the way up to the heavyweight division.

572746[/snapback]

Hey Rune, this whole paragraph is totally inaccurate and wrong. Glenn Johnson is not just some 35-year-old old a shot prospect from the Miami area and it is not like some college team beating the Pats 42-0.

If you know anything about boxing, you would know Johnson is the reigning IBF lightweight title holder and it was RJJ challenging him for the belt. He is also 41-9-2 overall. In noway is he great, but he was not some no name.

573098[/snapback]

Please Glen Johnson was a show opponent, a simple punchbag that was supposed to make Roy Jones look good enough to send the buy rates up for A Roy Jones/ Tarver rematch. Which is exactly why Lampley made the comment "Antonio Tarver just witnessed a few million dollars fly out the window".

Johnson was very much a shot prospect, after 97 when Hopkins beat him he went into a complete tailspin, as I said he went 8 - 9 - 1 after those fights. Oh, he has The IBF belt what an honor. The Light Heavy IBF title like many abc belts in boxing was watered down from years of Roy Jones putting away every opponent which left the division with a low class of talent for this belt. Johnson beat Clinton Woods for that belt, an english stiff who Roy Jones Murdered. Clinton Woods has never beaten an opponent outside of Europe and all of his opponents were all stiffs who had horrible records or extreamly low levels of competition.

As soon as CLinton Woods came to America to fight Jones he was horrible getting destroyed, so to say beating Clinton Woods somehow is an honor proves who much you know about boxing. That title was a puppet title and Glen Johnson was a handpicked punching bag by Roy Jones's management team to get him back to the top.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.