Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Never seen anything like this before

Featured Replies

Now, I know none of you guys are fans of the Iowa Hawkeyes, but I thought you might be interested in our running back situation... I've never seen anything like it before.

 

All of this has happened this season to our RBs:

 

1st String - Jermelle Lewis (senior), Torn ACL (week 4)

2nd String - Albert Young (freshman), Torn ACL (week 2)

3rd String (3rd down) - Marcus Schnoor (junior), Torn ACL (week 1)

4th String - Marques Simmons (junior, transfer from Nebraska), Fractured Fibula (week 6)

5th String - AJ Johnson (Sophomore), Suspended for season (week 1)

 

6th String - Sam Brownlee (Walk-on Sophomore)

7th String - Damian Sims (Freshman, Red-shirt taken off prior to last game)

Brownlee looks like a hard-nosed runner, fights for every yard...

I didn't see sims, because they cut away from teh game here in Chicago

 

--

 

S&C guys are considered among the best in all of college football... They're just a collection of freak injuries.

  • Author

Yea Doyle is considered one of the best S&C coaches in america.. Prime example of his work is Robert Gallery.

 

Cheat, I think Brownlee should be sufficient.. He is a bruiser and faster than he looks.. Simms is about a replica of Freddie Russell.. Definitely needed the RS year to bulk up...

Iowa.... what happened with top recruit Williams? He's with Purdue now...When/how did that happen?

  • Author

Just happened recently. Kyle Williams said he didn't want to play SAM or WILL linebacker at Iowa. He liked Purdues system better.. It's too bad because he could follow in the foot steps of two great linebackers (Greenway and Hodge).

 

I've also heard stories that Williams stole money from a former HS teammate, who helped recruit him to Iowa (AJ Johnson) and that was a big mess. I've also heard that Williams had some disperaging remarks about a starting LB for us (George Lewis) and players took acception to this, especially Soph LB Edmund Miles, and Miles put him in his place big time at one of the camps.

 

Either way, I wish him luck. This kind of stuff happens all the time with kids changing their minds on what college to go to. If he can somehow keep his grades up and somehow stay out of trouble, he should be a good one.. We'll survive though, that's for sure.

 

 

Hey Cheat, I had a question for you about high school QB Jake Christensen from Lockport, IL.. have you watched him play? He committed to Iowa.. Rivals has him ranked as the #2 ranked dual-threat QB in the country. Have you seen him play and if so, what do you think about him? I'm just assuming you're from Illinois. Thanks.

Christainsen is a little far south for me... I don't pay too much attention to the HS football. I did go see Zbikowski (S at ND) play a couple times when he was considering Iowa,

 

The only player of note from Lockport who's done anything in the past is Nick Setta (K @ ND)...

 

If Lockport advances to the state Final, I'll be sure to watch that....

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Now our starting FB Aaron Mickens, who is getting time at RB, took a helmet to helmet from an Illinois player and just got taken off the field in an ambulance.. hasn't even moved yet. Man I hope he is fine... god I hope it's not a neck injury.

  • Author

And of course about 10 minutes later, our backup FB Champ Davis, a great pass catcher, limped off the field.. looks like he twisted a knee.

 

This is unreal

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.