October 21, 200421 yr The curse is the Series. This prelude is either (1) The way it has to be broken (coming back from 0-3 against the Yankees) OR (2) A maximization of the heartache when they eventually lose. Personally, I'm not sure which.
October 21, 200421 yr i agree with alot of people that the curse will only be over if they win the W.S. in 1975 when they went to the W.S. by beating the A's and lost to the Big Red Machine in the W.S. people still talked about the curse after that why not now....they need to the W.S. thats the only way it get lifted..
October 21, 200421 yr I don't think the Red Sox are cursed. I don't think the Cubs are either. I just think they both choke and stink. Since 1917, the last "Real" (White) Sox series, they have been to only 2...including the Black Sox scandal. Since 1917, the Red Sox have been 6 WS, including this one. Since 1917, the Cubs have been to 6 WS. You tell me who is really cursed.
October 21, 200421 yr I don't think the Red Sox are cursed. I don't think the Cubs are either. I just think they both choke and stink. Since 1917, the last "Real" (White) Sox series, they have been to only 2...including the Black Sox scandal. Since 1917, the Red Sox have been 6 WS, including this one. Since 1917, the Cubs have been to 6 WS. You tell me who is really cursed. 597986[/snapback] All three! BTW, I'm going to go ahead and throw the Dolphins in that group too. Huizinga has cursed them. :banghead
October 21, 200421 yr I don't think the Red Sox are cursed. I don't think the Cubs are either. I just think they both choke and stink. Since 1917, the last "Real" (White) Sox series, they have been to only 2...including the Black Sox scandal. Since 1917, the Red Sox have been 6 WS, including this one. Since 1917, the Cubs have been to 6 WS. You tell me who is really cursed. 597986[/snapback] Baseball gods don't like cheaters, sorry. And the reason this gets play as the end of the curse is because they eliminated the Yankees for the first time ever in the playoffs. Ever. This includes ALCS and random playoff games (think, Bucky Dent). Now of course they have to win the thing now, but this would be a fun way to win it.
October 21, 200421 yr Not over until the Red Sox win the WS Hopefully everyone in the world will stop jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon and say they have been fans their entire lives and talk massive amounts of trash because 'their' team made it to the world series and beat the Yankees. It is seriously ridiculous. I despise all people who do that. Or people that say "f*** the Yankees all they do is buy world Championships." First they havent won in four years and the Red Sox do spend an incredible amount of money as well.
October 21, 200421 yr I think non-Sox fans hate the Yankees because they are jealous. Sox fans though, well there's good reason. I wish Steinbrenner owned the Marlins.
October 21, 200421 yr The curse isn't dead. If they just had to make it to the world series the curse would have been dead in 1986.
October 21, 200421 yr Not over until the Red Sox win the WS Hopefully everyone in the world will stop jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon and say they have been fans their entire lives and talk massive amounts of trash because 'their' team made it to the world series and beat the Yankees. It is seriously ridiculous. I despise all people who do that. Or people that say "f*** the Yankees all they do is buy world Championships." First they havent won in four years and the Red Sox do spend an incredible amount of money as well. 597998[/snapback] Alright, then tell all those Yankee bandwagoners to stop. Its the same exact thing....only they talk so much crap everytime the Yanks get in and say "I've alwasy been a fan!! i swear!!"....right. There is no "curse".....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.