Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Curse Dead?

Featured Replies

I say no, the Red Sox still must win the world title, else the curse lives, and the world title drought still lives.

There was never a curse on the Sox.... never believed it.

The cubs on the other hand.....

  • Author

There was never a curse on the Sox.

597795[/snapback]

 

86 years of history says otherwise....

  • Author

MAYBE but it depends if the Sox win the WS.

597794[/snapback]

 

Exactly, it's not dead yet, but if they win the world series, obviously the curse is lifted.

I really don't believe in that curse. There's no real story behind it. I dunno...

I really don't believe in that curse. There's no real story behind it. I dunno...

597799[/snapback]

 

 

No real story?

 

Trading the greatest baseball player ever to your nemisis?

There's no real story behind it. I dunno...

597799[/snapback]

 

No story behind it? You must be joking.

The curse was only applicable to the Yankees with Bucky and Boone, for the most part, it was just Red Sox ineptitude...no way it's broken until they actually win the damn thing.

The curse was only applicable to the Yankees with Bucky and Boone, for the most part, it was just Red Sox ineptitude...no way it's broken until they actually win the damn thing.

597806[/snapback]

 

The whole basis of the curse is that the Red Sox will never win a World Series for as long as the curse is alive, beating the Yankees in the ALCS is irrelevant. The curse will not be lifted until the Sox actually win the WS.

 

I'm now really hoping the Cards win the NL pennant so then the World Series will be a rematch of the 1967 WS where the Sox lost it in 7 games.

 

Winning the AL pennant is just a small step.

I really don't believe in that curse. There's no real story behind it. I dunno...?

597799[/snapback]

 

 

No real story?

 

Trading the greatest baseball player ever to your nemisis?

597802[/snapback]

...and that makes it a 'curse'?

I don't buy it.

I really don't believe in that curse. There's no real story behind it. I dunno...

597799[/snapback]

 

 

No real story?

 

Trading the greatest baseball player ever to your nemisis?

597802[/snapback]

...and that makes it a 'curse'?

I don't buy it.

597816[/snapback]

 

Just because you don't believe in the curse doesn't mean there is "no real story behind it" like you put it.

 

Not believing in it and saying there is "no real story behind it" are two completely different things. You don't have to believe in it, but there is certainly a long story with a very rich history behind the curse.

It's completely different than the Cubs curse. It's not like someone actually put a curse on the Sox, as that guy did to the Cubs.

I know I was not the only one hoping for some kind of miracle there in the 9th inning that the Yanks would pull it out. Gosh could you imagine the faces of those Sox fans in the Bronx if that happend :)

 

Maybe something like this:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A combination

The curse was entirely based on the yankees, and the sox beat them in the greatest comeback in baseball.

So I'll assume it's over.

as silly as it might sound, I think that the curse ended when Nomar went to the Cubbies...hence extending their curse...

No. The curse must be lifted by winning the World Series. Anything less is not acceptable.

 

 

Because if that was the case, the curse would have been lifted back in 1986 :whistle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.