October 27, 200421 yr Author If the news about Lowell staying is true, it doesn't matter.? We'll basically have the same flawed team next year.? :banghead 602027[/snapback] Not true. There's $10M off the payroll between Pavano, Benitez, Cordero, Fox, etc. Beckett and Burnett are the only ones due for big raises, at most $2MM each. There's others (LoDuca, Encarnacion, Mota, Castillo, Pierre, Redmond) you can trade or non-tender to clear payroll for better bargains. 602035[/snapback] Let me rephrase my statement, we'll have a more flawed team next year. :confused
October 28, 200421 yr I met A-Rod in the gym this afternoon. I asked him what he thought about the trade and he said his agent was actually in discussion with the Marlins and that they hoped to close it by 1 Nov. j/k No .. I didn't ask him about it. Some really hot chick tried flirting with him and he left.
October 29, 200421 yr Author I met A-Rod in the gym this afternoon. I asked him what he thought about the trade and he said his agent was actually in discussion with the Marlins and that they hoped to close it by 1 Nov. j/k No .. I didn't ask him about it. Some really hot chick tried flirting with him and he left. 603307[/snapback] Thankfulling I'm sober tonight. Had I read that last night and then saw the j/k thing, I would have thrown the beer can at my wall. You should have suggested it to him. You know he must want out of the Bronx right now. They're going to blame him for all their problems until the Yankees win it all again. :lol
October 29, 200421 yr j/k No .. I didn't ask him about it. Some really hot chick tried flirting with him and he left. 603307[/snapback] Then it wasn't A-Rod. When I played for Cap City, I wouldn't have been caught dead "walking away." No player was. I'd say maybe it's different for older players but we would have a few older guys on the team as uniform fillers and there really was no different. In fact, they were worse one guy i knew tried to get with a 16 yr old hot dog vendor. I'd call him a scumbag, but I kinda wanted her too. I tried love once, relationships with dumb hot girls are the way to go. But I degress.... The Marlins will nto get A-Rod because the Yankees will not be giving him up. Now that the Yankees have blown a 3-0 series lead excet Steinbrenner's moronocity to multiply by 10. Every FA who ever had a good season will be a Yankee next year, mark my words. That means all-stars like A-Rod arent going anywhere.
October 29, 200421 yr It was A-Rod. You don't mistake somebody like him. Im not saying he left soley because the chick was flirting with him .. he looks to take working out really seriously
October 29, 200421 yr It was A-Rod. You don't mistake somebody like him. Im not saying he left soley because the chick was flirting with him .. he looks to take working out really seriously 603730[/snapback] Well I was kidding sort of. It's not like sex is 100% of a players life, only 96 or so. Besided he is married or something I think. As if that matters. Except in the case of Robin Ventura. That man was the symbol of class. IF I ever found out he was bopping post-game groupies my life would most likely be over as we know it.
October 29, 200421 yr Author ARod is married to a hot chick. If he is a real man, he wouldn't give a second thought to some chick trying to flirt with him. I'm sure he's banged enough chicks in his lifetime before he got married. Then again, he could be Kobe #2 for all we know. :shifty
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.