Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trade with Yanks/DBacks to get ARod...

Featured Replies

  • Author

Nah buddy am making my own money don?t worry bout me and keep playing ur mvp baseball, eating donuts and being on these forums with a sched like that I see why u have so much time for all the Criticism

598994[/snapback]

 

I need an ebonics to English translator. :blink:

Nah buddy am making my own money don?t worry bout me and keep playing ur mvp baseball, eating donuts and being on these forums with a sched like that I see why u have so much time for all the Criticism

598994[/snapback]

You seriously do need an English book. :blink:

I don't want that girly man playing for the Marlins, A-Rod can take his fat contract and shove it up his ass.

 

If we got A-Rod, we would be in the same position as the 2003 Texas Rangers, 1 superstar and 24 career minor leaguers, unlike George, we don't have the cash to field a half decent team after taking on such a massive contract like that.

 

Superstars don't win championships, teams do. Don't forget it.

1. Pierre - CF

2. Castillo - 2B

3. Rodriguez - SS

4. Cabrera - 3B

5. Ordo?ez - RF

6. Conine - LF

7. Willingham - 1B

8. Redmond - C

 

I'll take it.

1. Pierre - CF

2. Castillo - 2B

3. Rodriguez - SS

4. Cabrera - 3B

5. Ordo?ez - RF

6. Conine - LF

7. Willingham - 1B

8. Redmond - C

 

I'll take it.

599214[/snapback]

If this could be the 2005 lineup, I dont know one Marlins fan that wouldnt take this as our starting lineup. If there is anyway to upgrade catcher that would be the only concern I have. I doubt this could happen but if it did that would be awesome.

  • Author

I don't want that girly man playing for the Marlins, A-Rod can take his fat contract and shove it up his ass.

 

If we got A-Rod, we would be in the same position as the 2003 Texas Rangers, 1 superstar and 24 career minor leaguers, unlike George, we don't have the cash to field a half decent team after taking on such a massive contract like that.

 

Superstars don't win championships, teams do. Don't forget it.

599080[/snapback]

 

If we could get ARod for somewhere between 10-12 million and platoon Redmond, that is more production than Lowell/Lo Duca for less money. Not to mention the fact he is proven box office.

 

As for the team v. superstar crap, name me the teams in the last 10 years that won the WS without a superstar. The only team you'll be able to name is the Angels. Even we had Pudge.

 

I guess I missed the fact the Sox and Cards don't have a superstar on their team. :mischief

1. Pierre - CF

2. Castillo - 2B

3. Rodriguez - SS

4. Cabrera - 3B

5. Ordo?ez - RF

6. Conine - LF

7. Willingham - 1B

8. Redmond - C

 

I'll take it.

599214[/snapback]

If this could be the 2005 lineup, I dont know one Marlins fan that wouldnt take this as our starting lineup. If there is anyway to upgrade catcher that would be the only concern I have. I doubt this could happen but if it did that would be awesome.

599221[/snapback]

 

 

Here's one.

 

A rightfielder that's chronically hurt. a firstbaseman that's way over his head and a catcher who can't play more than 60 games a year.

 

Can you say last place?

1. Pierre - CF

2. Castillo - 2B

3. Rodriguez - SS

4. Cabrera - 3B

5. Ordo?ez - RF

6. Conine - LF

7. Willingham - 1B

8. Redmond - C

 

I'll take it.

599214[/snapback]

If this could be the 2005 lineup, I dont know one Marlins fan that wouldnt take this as our starting lineup. If there is anyway to upgrade catcher that would be the only concern I have. I doubt this could happen but if it did that would be awesome.

599221[/snapback]

 

tee hee... i needed the laugh 03

 

 

Here's one.

 

A rightfielder that's chronically hurt. a firstbaseman that's way over his head and a catcher who can't play more than 60 games a year.

 

Can you say last place?

599251[/snapback]

1. Pierre - CF

2. Castillo - 2B

3. Rodriguez - SS

4. Cabrera - 3B

5. Ordo?ez - RF

6. Conine - LF

7. Willingham - 1B

8. Redmond - C

 

I'll take it.

599214[/snapback]

If this could be the 2005 lineup, I dont know one Marlins fan that wouldnt take this as our starting lineup. If there is anyway to upgrade catcher that would be the only concern I have. I doubt this could happen but if it did that would be awesome.

599221[/snapback]

 

 

Here's one.

 

A rightfielder that's chronically hurt. a firstbaseman that's way over his head and a catcher who can't play more than 60 games a year.

 

Can you say last place?

599251[/snapback]

 

Last season was the first time Ordonez has EVER been on the DL in his MLB career....

 

I'd take my chances with him.

 

 

As for the original post...you should be shot, brought back to life, and shot again for such an insane post.

get JD Drew out of there

 

and what are you talking about Capefish?

598832[/snapback]

Well since the Yankees didn't win a World Series this year everyone assumes it is ARod's fault for some god unknown reason.

598838[/snapback]

See the Texas Rangers with A-Rod and after A-Rod.

598871[/snapback]

See word: experience, experience + Soriano = 2004 Texas Rangers

1. Pierre - CF

2. Castillo - 2B

3. Rodriguez - SS

4. Cabrera - 3B

5. Ordo?ez - RF

6. Conine - LF

7. Willingham - 1B

8. Redmond - C

 

I'll take it.

599214[/snapback]

Can you say, payroll?

I don't want that girly man playing for the Marlins, A-Rod can take his fat contract and shove it up his ass.

 

If we got A-Rod, we would be in the same position as the 2003 Texas Rangers, 1 superstar and 24 career minor leaguers, unlike George, we don't have the cash to field a half decent team after taking on such a massive contract like that.

 

Superstars don't win championships, teams do. Don't forget it.

599080[/snapback]

 

If we could get ARod for somewhere between 10-12 million and platoon Redmond, that is more production than Lowell/Lo Duca for less money. Not to mention the fact he is proven box office.

 

As for the team v. superstar crap, name me the teams in the last 10 years that won the WS without a superstar. The only team you'll be able to name is the Angels. Even we had Pudge.

 

I guess I missed the fact the Sox and Cards don't have a superstar on their team. :mischief

599241[/snapback]

 

You completely misunderstood what I said. Of course teams that win championships will have superstars on them, however what seperates those championship teams from other teams with superstars is a thing called chemistry. The difference between the Red Sox and the Yanks is a perfect example of this, you can buy any player you want, but that guarantees you absolutely nothing unless your team has chemistry.

 

A-Rod is one of the greatest players in baseball today, but he's not worth being paid the highest salary in the history of professional sports, period.

There's no way in hell the Yankees PAY US to have ARod, they only way they trade him is to a team that completely assumes his contract and can give the Yankees very good young pitching.

 

If I were forced to predict a destination for ARod (in the slim event he is traded) he's ending up with the Cubs for Mark Prior (which has been rumored) or Kerry Wood. Oh, and don't worry, the Yanks will find a way to get Randy Johnson next year too...

Moises Alou's option was declined by the cubs and is now a FA (saw it on the bottom line)

 

probably a more affordable option than any of these other guys people are mentioning (ARod, Ordonez, Drew)...

 

Just mentioning his name..

Moises Alou's option was declined by the cubs and is now a FA (saw it on the bottom line)

 

probably a more affordable option than any of these other guys people are mentioning (ARod, Ordonez, Drew)...

 

Just mentioning his name..

599401[/snapback]

 

Seriously, after having the best individual season on their team, WTF?

 

BRING BACK ALOU!!!!!!!!!

  • Author

I don't want that girly man playing for the Marlins, A-Rod can take his fat contract and shove it up his ass.

 

If we got A-Rod, we would be in the same position as the 2003 Texas Rangers, 1 superstar and 24 career minor leaguers, unlike George, we don't have the cash to field a half decent team after taking on such a massive contract like that.

 

Superstars don't win championships, teams do.? Don't forget it.

599080[/snapback]

 

If we could get ARod for somewhere between 10-12 million and platoon Redmond, that is more production than Lowell/Lo Duca for less money. Not to mention the fact he is proven box office.

 

As for the team v. superstar crap, name me the teams in the last 10 years that won the WS without a superstar. The only team you'll be able to name is the Angels. Even we had Pudge.

 

I guess I missed the fact the Sox and Cards don't have a superstar on their team. :mischief

599241[/snapback]

 

You completely misunderstood what I said. Of course teams that win championships will have superstars on them, however what seperates those championship teams from other teams with superstars is a thing called chemistry. The difference between the Red Sox and the Yanks is a perfect example of this, you can buy any player you want, but that guarantees you absolutely nothing unless your team has chemistry.

 

A-Rod is one of the greatest players in baseball today, but he's not worth being paid the highest salary in the history of professional sports, period.

599276[/snapback]

 

Chemistry is overrated. Boston has had the same chemistry the past couple of years and always lost to the Yankees when it mattered. The difference is that the Yankees are getting older, their pitching staff sucks, and their top players were not hot hitters at the end of the year.

 

I agree ARod is overpaid.

  • Author

Moises Alou's option was declined by the cubs and is now a FA? (saw it on the bottom line)

 

probably a more affordable option than any of these other guys people are mentioning (ARod, Ordonez, Drew)...

 

Just mentioning his name..

599401[/snapback]

 

Seriously, after having the best individual season on their team, WTF?

 

BRING BACK ALOU!!!!!!!!!

599404[/snapback]

 

If he isn't too expensive, I'd love to have him back in left field and move Cabrera to third once we trade Lowell.

Moises Alou's option was declined by the cubs and is now a FA? (saw it on the bottom line)

 

probably a more affordable option than any of these other guys people are mentioning (ARod, Ordonez, Drew)...

 

Just mentioning his name..

599401[/snapback]

 

Seriously, after having the best individual season on their team, WTF?

 

BRING BACK ALOU!!!!!!!!!

599404[/snapback]

 

If he isn't too expensive, I'd love to have him back in left field and move Cabrera to third once we trade Lowell.

599416[/snapback]

That would be kinda funny if Alou did come back after Cabs made fun of him in the series in Chicago.

You have wayyyyy too much time on your hands, my good friend.

598801[/snapback]

 

Nah. Only took about 10 minutes. :thumbup

598806[/snapback]

and it shows

Your are insane.

598794[/snapback]

 

Coming from a Bush supporter, I'll take that as a compliment. :p

598800[/snapback]

 

I'm a Bush supporter, and I think that it is an interesting deal you put together. To make matters worse, I am a Nole too!

 

Theoretically, you get ARod and put him at SS and move Cabs to 3B. That is a studly left side of the infield. You just need to get a LF, RF too. I dont know if the Yankees would really deal ARod for Unit and Lowell though.

  • Author

Your are insane.

598794[/snapback]

 

Coming from a Bush supporter, I'll take that as a compliment. :p

598800[/snapback]

 

I'm a Bush supporter, and I think that it is an interesting deal you put together. To make matters worse, I am a Nole too!

 

Theoretically, you get ARod and put him at SS and move Cabs to 3B. That is a studly left side of the infield. You just need to get a LF, RF too. I dont know if the Yankees would really deal ARod for Unit and Lowell though.

601957[/snapback]

 

If the news about Lowell staying is true, it doesn't matter. We'll basically have the same flawed team next year. :banghead

 

I still think George would deal ARod and throw in cash for Lowell/Randy, but that's just me.

If the news about Lowell staying is true, it doesn't matter. We'll basically have the same flawed team next year. :banghead

602027[/snapback]

Not true. There's $10M off the payroll between Pavano, Benitez, Cordero, Fox, etc.

 

Beckett and Burnett are the only ones due for big raises, at most $2MM each.

 

There's others (LoDuca, Encarnacion, Mota, Castillo, Pierre, Redmond) you can trade or non-tender to clear payroll for better bargains.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.