Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carl Pavano Autograph Signing

Featured Replies

VENUE: Coral Square Mall- October 30th (This Sat.)

 

TIME: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

 

PRICES: Photos,Cards, and Balls- $29 Bats and Jerseys - $49.

 

 

I noticed it on Signingshotline. com and just thought I'd post it for anyone who might be interested

  • Author

It's unfortunate that the game revolves around money in so many more aspects than it ever has before, but I guess it's all just one big money making business

That pisses me off how the charge for signings.......why can't they do it like the good ol' days and do it for free.

603493[/snapback]

 

If you want to get autographs without paying, go to the Spring Training games, particularly the B games on the back fields...you'll have very good access to all of the players.

In maybe another week or two... you will see some grand opening of a store and it will say "Pavano Free Signing"... happened this past year with Juan Pierre.

Awesome, thanks for posting this LCastillo otherwise I never wuold have known.

 

I'M THERE!

but these guys gotta make a living.603970[/snapback]

Ahahahahahahahaha

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heh

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!

I went to the Pavano signing today with my GF and when we got there she kept talking about how "cute" he was and I just kept thinking to myself "damnit, i've got to hear this crap from all the girls on MB.com, now i've got to hear it in person" :lol . I told him I was a season ticket holder and just congratulated him on an awesome season and he said "thanks, have a nice day." He wasn't very talkative and didn't seem too happy to be at the signing for some reason, but either way it was pretty cool to meet him.

but these guys gotta make a living.603970[/snapback]

Ahahahahahahahaha

604614[/snapback]

 

While it may be pretty ridiculous for an athlete making 6 million dollars to charge a kid $30 bucks for an autograph, a lot of the older players from the 40's, 50's, and 60's actually do live exclusively live off the money they receive from public appearances and autograph signings because when they played way back in the day they were just getting normal salaries live regular everyday folk unlike the millions of dollars like today, Bob Feller is a great example of this.

but these guys gotta make a living.603970[/snapback]

Ahahahahahahahaha

604614[/snapback]

 

While it may be pretty ridiculous for an athlete making 6 million dollars to charge a kid $30 bucks for an autograph, a lot of the older players from the 40's, 50's, and 60's actually do live exclusively live off the money they receive from public appearances and autograph signings because when they played way back in the day they were just getting normal salaries live regular everyday folk unlike the millions of dollars like today, Bob Feller is a great example of this.

604782[/snapback]

I never said those people didn't.

 

But to say someone like Carl Pavano makes a living off of autographs is rather silly.

I remember those Parrandas con los Marlins at different Publix's around Miami. That was cool.......That's how I got many autographs back then. Some included, Renteria, Bonilla, Alou, Livan, Castillo, Alex F.

That pisses me off how the charge for signings.......why can't they do it like the good ol' days and do it for free.

603493[/snapback]

I know the bastard probably wants 8 or 9 million just to sign a contract :confused Just kidding did anyone try to sneak one in on him?

did anyone try to sneak one in on him?

604915[/snapback]

He was sitting at a table and you had to buy a ticket, then a guy sitting next to Pavano would rip the ticket and Pavs would sign the ball, picture, whatever. It would have been impossible to sneak one in on him, only way to do that would have been to wait after he left for the parking lot.

 

It was pretty obvious which car in the parking lot was his, the only car at the mall which costed $175,000 :lol . A CL65 AMG.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.