Let everyone into the country....

PhishPhan

I propose to end immigration restrictions for peaceful individuals who come to America to work"]

Badnarik.org

Is Badnarik saying he can look at someone asking to come into this country and say if they are a terrorist or not. That he can read people's minds about their intentions? Would you feel safe just letting anyone who wants in and doesn't have a criminal record in?

I know I wouldn't.

Does it really matter what a third party candidate is saying right now? :whistle

604555[/snapback]

Well since Tony thinks Badnarik is the best candidate out there other people must, so let us inform people on what Badnarik thinks. I have no problem with speaking about other viewpoints, even if I don't agree with them.

Also Tony feels Badnarik can turn Minnesota to Bush, so let us inform all our Minnesota Marlins fans know who they are voting for if they choose to vote for Badnarik.

You advocate closing the borders completely?

604641[/snapback]

Not at all. But Badnarik's policy is completely open door, letting anyone in who is not a criminal. Let people from Haiti, the Dominican Republican raft on over. Let Mexicans just funnel in if they aren't criminals. You agree with that Tony?

We didn't know Atta was a terrorist when he entered the country, so under Badnarik's plan it would be easy for 100s, no 1000s of Muhammed Attas to walk right into America. This is your boy Tony, defend him.

You advocate closing the borders completely?

604641[/snapback]

Not at all. But Badnarik's policy is completely open door, letting anyone in who is not a criminal. Let people from Haiti, the Dominican Republican raft on over. Let Mexicans just funnel in if they aren't criminals. You agree with that Tony?

We didn't know Atta was a terrorist when he entered the country, so under Badnarik's plan it would be easy for 100s, no 1000s of Muhammed Attas to walk right into America. This is your boy Tony, defend him.

The Kerry immigration policy changes the situation how? What new controls on vetting of legal immigrants has Kerry proposed? None. Stone silence on the issue.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/civil_righ...mmigration.html

Apparently, by that URL, Kerry views immigration more as a civil rights issue than a national security issue.

604656[/snapback]

Would you rather have Kerry's plan or Badnarik's plan Tony?

The as is... or the "let anyone who wants in that isn't a criminal" plan?

As a practical matter, I see no difference.

604663[/snapback]

If Kerry's plan is no change, he will not let in those who raft over from the Dominican Republic or Haiti, Badnarik's plan he would let them all in. That is one difference.

More immigrants would enter the country undr Badnarik's plan, do you want more immigrants here? Taking jobs from Americans? Potentially filling up our jails, our schools and costing the cost of health insurance, car insurance to go up?

As a practical matter, I see no difference.

604663[/snapback]

If Kerry's plan is no change, he will not let in those who raft over from the Dominican Republic or Haiti, Badnarik's plan he would let them all in. That is one difference.

More immigrants would enter the country undr Badnarik's plan, do you want more immigrants here? Taking jobs from Americans? Potentially filling up our jails, our schools and costing the cost of health insurance, car insurance to go up?

604665[/snapback]

Apparently Clinton wanted more of them in, several hundred thousand in fact - they vote democratic mostly.

Do you see Hatians and Dominicans as a big terrorist threat in whatever altitude you're out there orbiting at?

I'd suggest its time to take a few hits of Oxygen off the bailout bottle...

604672[/snapback]

You are the one who says Kerry's plan keeps things as is. And currently when Dominicans or Hatians come to shore they are sent back by the coast gaurd.

I don't know if Hatians and Dominicans are terrorist threats, I can't say they aren't. Do you know every single Hatian and Dominican and know what all of them want from life?

But having more immigrants here would cause worse over population problems than we have now. How would Badnarik solve those problems? He plan to allot money for a lot more schools? More jails? More hospitals?

The borders are more leaking today than they were before 9/11. We haven't done what we need to do to toughen up our borders, and I will.

]We need to crack down on illegal hiring. It's against the law in the US to hire people illegally, and we ought to be enforcing that law properly.

We need immigration reform. But the president's plan is really a plan to exploit workers in America. It's not a real immigration reform plan. What I want to do is have a full immigration reform plan

Voted NO on allowing more foreign workers into the U.S. for farm work.

Vote to create a national registry containing names of U.S. workers who want to perform temporary or seasonal agricultural work, and to require the Attorney General to allow more foreign workers into the U.S. for farm work under H-2A visas.

Bill S.2260 ; vote number 1998-233 on Jul 23, 1998

Voted NO on visas for skilled workers.

This bill expanded the Visa program for skilled workers.

Reference: The American Competitiveness Act; Bill S. 1723 ; vote number 1998-141 on May 18, 1998

So Kerry wants tougher borders and tougher ways for immigrants to get into a country, which during a time of terrorism and sleeping cells is probably a very good thing. Badnarik on the other hand wants completely open borders and let any non-criminal that wants into the country in.

Which do you think is a better plan?

I advocate open immigration for individuals who are willing to enter at a Customs station and submit to a quick background check to ensure that they aren't criminals or terrorists.

Source: Interview in the Augusta Free Press Aug 13, 2004

That makes me feel safe... not.

they're [immigrants] not spoiled by handouts, giveaways, and notions that they're somehow entitled to a good life like natives are.

604810[/snapback]

Really Tony? The candidate you support feels otherwise.

The US is a magnet for people seeking a handout.

Source: Interview in the Augusta Free Press Aug 13, 2004

Seems to me your candidate feels immigrants come here looking from handouts as if they are entitled to something. Care to spin that?

Its earn your way onto my ignore list weekend...

605191[/snapback]

Oh so those who can out debate you get put on your ignore list? What a grown up move.

So ladies and gentlemen, not only can't Tony deal with fighting a fair fight and fight it to the end, he quits. Not only does he quit, the candidate he backs for president wants to cut and run from Iraq. On top of all that, Tony sinks to the low of babyish name calling. But of course to top it all off, Tony is the man who supports paying for feterlizer before supporting to pay for plans to help tutor America's failing high school students.

Is it destroy Tony weekend, no. He did it to himself with his out of whack priorities and his support of a bum presidential candidate.

The libertarian plan for open door immigration also requires that other aspects fall into place. For example a completely free trade area with opther nations in which they too have open door immigration. So workers can and consumers can travel freely. This also does not mean that security checks wont be done on people entering into our country, and as everyone already knows, the only people who arent checked are illegals. If entrance is legal the only people who will attempt to enter illegaly are terrorists and criminals, and then our law enforcement can use more resources on these group and not have to worry about poor illegal farmers. Furthermore, this also requires the 'handouts' to be severely reduced. Badnarik isnt going to win this election, he offers alternative views. For something like this to work there needs to be security checks, free trade, and reduction or elimination of governmental handouts, and open door immigration in other nations such as mexico. Can this happen and actually work? Who knows? But thats the gig, please allow me to clarify anything if necessary

The libertarian plan for open door immigration also requires that other aspects fall into place. For example a completely free trade area with opther nations in which they too have open door immigration. So workers can and consumers can travel freely. This also does not mean that security checks wont be done on people entering into our country, and as everyone already knows, the only people who arent checked are illegals. If entrance is legal the only people who will attempt to enter illegaly are terrorists and criminals, and then our law enforcement can use more resources on these group and not have to worry about poor illegal farmers.

Yeah, but all of that requires...TAXES! (Oh, no!) We all know how much Libertarians abhor taxes. If they had their way, every road would be a toll road. Just kidding (slightly).