Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Finley

Featured Replies

The Giants are making a hard push for Steve Finley... Wouldn't that be ironic if he ends up playing for the team he single handedly eliminated last season??

 

I'd love to see him in a Giants uniform...

 

Sabean - Make it happen !!

I'd rather have Drew or Ordonez.

I kinda half mixed feelings about it. Rumor has it that the Tigers offered him two years 18 million, and IMO he's not worth that. Plus his name makes me sick. Although he is the best natural CFer on the market (other than Beltran of course), and would be a huge boost for the Giants, I would rather sign Drew or Ordonez and move them to center.

  • Author

My biggest issue with Finley is his age. We'd have the oldest outfield in baseball, by far, if we got him with Barry in LF and Grip in RF.

 

Drew would be a great addition, but he's gonna be quite pricey... I've heard two different rumors regarding the contract Finley was offered by Detroit. The first one I heard was that he was offered 2 years for $11mil, and the other I heard was 2 years for $16mil....

Steve Finley is supposely signing with the Angels.

2 years, $16 million or so.

:thumbup :mischief2 :D

631407[/snapback]

Should be announced tomorrow, and I've heard 18-20M

  • Author

Yup... all but a done deal at this point... Oh well.. Time to go after Maggs.

  • Author

How old are the Giants going to get? Bonds, Grissom, Finley, Alfonzo...my god Mulholland is out there.

631519[/snapback]

 

Well, this is one reason I'm not too upset about losing out on Finley. That would have been a very old outfield. I just read that they might try to trade for Scott Podsednik.... That'd be nice.....

 

Mulholland hasn't been a Giant for years, by the way...

LOS ANGELES (Ticker) - The Anaheim Angels are apparently out of the Carlos Beltran sweepstakes.

 

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the Angels signed center fielder Steve Finley, who helped key the Los Angeles Dodgers' run to the National League West Division title last season, to a two-year contract.

How old are the Giants going to get? Bonds, Grissom, Finley, Alfonzo...my god Mulholland is out there.

631519[/snapback]

 

Well, this is one reason I'm not too upset about losing out on Finley. That would have been a very old outfield. I just read that they might try to trade for Scott Podsednik.... That'd be nice.....

 

Mulholland hasn't been a Giant for years, by the way...

631522[/snapback]

I think he was implying you should sign him.

 

2/20 is what I heard yesterday. Insane.

  • Author

I think he was implying you should sign him.

 

2/20 is what I heard yesterday. Insane.

631563[/snapback]

 

Ah, he meant out there as a free agent... Yes, I misunderstood..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.