Not Everyone Happy About Delgado

miami15

Letter to the Herald from earlier this week

Delgado offends

Linda Robertson's Jan. 28 column, Taking a stand by sitting, was enlightening. I wasn't aware of Carlos Delgado's refusal to stand for the playing of God Bless America at baseball games. Delgado has the right to act this way. But fans also have the right to refuse to support a team that would pay $52 million to such a man.

I have been a Marlins fan since the team originated, but from now on, I will attend no Marlins games, discourage others from attending, make sure that people know about Delgado's actions and salary and ask state lawmakers not to give the Marlins a tax break for a stadium.

B. THOMAS SULLIVAN, Miami Beach

Sorry, B. Thomas.

Dude she's making a fool of herself tell her to take her ass somewhere else and stop bitching about disliking delgado for not standing up for god bless america.The man is old enough to do whatever the f*** he wants to do,and if he doesn't stand during god bless america or the star spangled banner who cares are long as he takes us all the way i can care less

You know, it's not like it matters...we don't play "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch at Pro Player/Joe Robbie/Dolphins Stadium anyway. It's "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and the "Chicken Dance."

Now, if Delgado doesn't stand for the chicken dance, there'll be hell to pay :mad .

Seriously, people that get upset about this really are pushing it. Delgado's entitled to his opinion, even if he could voice his displeasure in a better way, but for God's sake, Delgado even said he'd honor team policy if they required him to stand for the song...the Marlins are fine with it (mostly because they don't do it at Pro Player) so he's going to keep on doing his thing.

You know, it's not like it matters...we don't play "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch at Pro Player/Joe Robbie/Dolphins Stadium anyway. It's "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and the "Chicken Dance."

Now, if Delgado doesn't stand for the chicken dance, there'll be hell to pay :mad .

Seriously, people that get upset about this really are pushing it. Delgado's entitled to his opinion, even if he could voice his displeasure in a better way, but for God's sake, Delgado even said he'd honor team policy if they required him to stand for the song...the Marlins are fine with it (mostly because they don't do it at Pro Player) so he's going to keep on doing his thing.

678086[/snapback]

I always thought they did it on Sundays.

678086[/snapback]

lmao. chiken dance is classic. "i must be nuts"

678086[/snapback]

Chicken Dance??? Isn't it "Everybody Doin' The Fish". Last time I heard we were the Florida Marlins not the Florida Chickens

EVERYBODY DOIN' THE FISH!! :elefant :banana :woof :ole :coolman :happydance

678086[/snapback]

:blink:

The Marlins play God Bless America during every Sunday home game and at any home game which falls on a holiday (i.e. 4th of July). The only team to play God Bless America during every single home game is the Yankees.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.