Couple accused of torturing kids caught...

Craig

And these are adoptive parents.

The same kind of parents that those anti-choice would send unwanted kids to.

679800[/snapback]

OH MY GOD

I'm going to dignify your garbage with a response.

This is one case, dude. You can't build a case on that. But if you want to, I'll bet you can find more stories on abusive biological parents than you could find on abusive adoptive parents.

679800[/snapback]

OH MY GOD

This is one case, dude. You can't build a case on that. But if you want to, I'll bet you can find more stories on abusive biological parents than you could find on abusive adoptive parents.

679802[/snapback]

And imagine how many more cases there would be if you took abortion away.

679800[/snapback]

:plain

Biggest pile of crap I've read in the politics board this year so far.

679914[/snapback]

So who do they want to send the kids to? The wilderness for the wolves to care for? No... I think adoptive parents and foster homes. And such safe places they seem to be in some cases.

Airbags and seatbelts kill some people each year too.

We should demand their removal because they don't work at 100%. :plain

679926[/snapback]

If you are going to play russian roulette why would you want to add bullets to the gun?

You nix abortion that means more kids borne. More kids going into foster care. More foster and adoptive parents. More foster and adoptive parents who do not meet certain "standards", like having reguard for human diginity.

Those anti-choice try and say that foster/adoptive parents are a suitable for "unwanted" kids. And cases like these really help that case.

I think before they try and outlaw abortion and what not they need to work out the current problems with this adoptive/foster system first. Then again that consists of the government spending more money, so good luck with that.

679800[/snapback]

OH MY GOD

679802[/snapback]

And imagine how many more cases there would be if you took abortion away.

679805[/snapback]

LOL...

You are definitely on to something...I suppose if every baby was aborted the risk for child abuse would be far lower....

No babies = no children to abuse, genius...

The concept is not flawed. If it works ideally then it is fine. Like I said, have them fix the problems first.

I don't think this happend over a weekend. Obviously the kids were not checked on. Something is not right here.

679942[/snapback]

Name any (non-trivial) process involving humans that "works ideally"?

Just a single example will do and it'll boster your position that "ideally" is indeed an attainable thing.

Doh, something wasn't right. You've got a real flair for stating the obvious. :plain

679958[/snapback]

Democracy as it exists in the united states. :mischief We get a president the majority of state electorates stand behind 100% of the time.

And you would be hard pressed to find anyone to say that the NCAA basketball tournement doesn't work ideally. And I don't think you can consider this trivial due to the amount of money involved. There are not large amount of other processes which causes such a large exchange of money like this one.

Well is it that obvious? I missed it, did anyone else in the thread say that something needs to be done with the system and fix this? This is the second embarressment in 2 years in Florida for something like this.

You are definitely on to something...I suppose if every baby was aborted the risk for child abuse would be far lower....

No babies = no children to abuse, genius...

679960[/snapback]

I am not saying "the adoption/foster system is flawed therefore abortion can not be outlawed". Its just those who are anti-choice need to realize that if abortion is outlawed that the kids will have to go somewhere, and there will be an increase of children born. You can't really argue those two points. So then it is safe to assume there will be most foster/adoptive parents to care for more kids. And if these parents were allowed to keep so many adoptive kids, you have to believe there are just as horrid people out there who want to adopt kids for similar reasons.

How is it that these kids could be abused for so long with nobody speaking out?

Wouldn't it be apparent to their teachers who would see the turmoil and physical evidence? Would it not appear something was wrong with the 14 year olds who weighed only 38 lbs, 80lbs less than their typical classmates?

This is a travesty of the worst kind.

phishpan's point is valid. The foster care system in this country is horrible and overburdened as it is. Can anyone deny that if abortion was illegal, it would make the foster care system even worse? I dont think he is arguing that abortion is the way to prevent these incedents but rather that people who want abortion illegal dont take into account this effect and that they massivley overestimate the ability of people to take care of unwanted children(ie the idea that you can always give kids up for adoption).

Wouldn't it be apparent to their teachers who would see the turmoil and physical evidence? Would it not appear something was wrong with the 14 year olds who weighed only 38 lbs, 80lbs less than their typical classmates?

679988[/snapback]

They didnt go to school...were "home" schooled. :confused

679988[/snapback]

You would think that they send someone from the Dept. of Childrens and Families just to check on the kids twice a year, or something like that. But I guess that would cost too much and use too much man-time.

The concept is not flawed. If it works ideally then it is fine. Like I said, have them fix the problems first.

I don't think this happend over a weekend. Obviously the kids were not checked on. Something is not right here.

679942[/snapback]

Name any (non-trivial) process involving humans that "works ideally"?

Just a single example will do and it'll boster your position that "ideally" is indeed an attainable thing.

Doh, something wasn't right. You've got a real flair for stating the obvious. :plain

679958[/snapback]

Democracy as it exists in the united states.

No election problems or fraud then eh? :mischief :mischief

Still can't tell the difference between theory and execution eh?

680078[/snapback]

Of course he doesn't want to realize voter suppression does occur.

Obviously it occurs. Is it rampant - no.

You obviously find that the problems when it comes to elections are not rampant. Unless you have flip flopped on the issue, I'd hate to shove you into a corner and make your mind up for you.

Furthermore, I said the electoral votes work 100% of the time. Go back and read the post I said it rather clearly. Has there been some electoral voter fruad that I missed out on?

We get a president the majority of state electorates stand behind 100% of the time.

Anyway, lets look at some numbers.

The Administration of Children and Families offer these statistics:

6.1% of children nation wide had a bout with maltreatment or abuse had a repeat episode that was reported within 6 months. That is about 1 out of every 15 children to find themselves under goverment care after an initial atrocity.

About 0.6% or a little more than 1 out of every 200 kids find themselves:

in foster care who were the subject of substantiated or indicated maltreatment by a foster parent or facility staff member.

That means about 1 out of every 200 kids taken in by the Child Protection Agency would face abuse from a foster caregiver. In 2002 896,000 cases were taken. That mean if 1 our of every 200 kids faced abuse from their foster care givers that means 5376 kids (896000 * 0.6%) in 2002 seemingly were abused by foster caregivers.

I guess you don't find this ramapnt at all. 5376 kids, ahh who cares right Tony? Most of them would probably grow up to be moonbats anyway, might as well let them burn. Good thing these are only the reports of such abuse, imagine if the true numbers were in these reports.

Also Tony I tend to put a priority on a kids life and well being then someone's vote for president. But I have known for a while your priorities are out of whack, so don't sweat it.

link1

link2

Analysis Results 1999 2000 2001

Number of States reporting 21 31 38

Mean performance (% children maltreated in foster care) 0.67 0.65 0.52

Median performance (% children maltreated in foster care) 0.52 0.47 0.47

Percent of States meeting national standard of 0.57% or less 52 58 66

Furthermore, I said the electoral votes work 100% of the time. Go back and read the post I said it rather clearly. Has there been some electoral voter fruad that I missed out on?

Pardon me for your not understanding the term "non-trivial" :plain

680088[/snapback]

Umm, our president has been elected by the electoral college in all of recent memory, and then some. I don't see how the process of how the leader of the free world is something that is trivial. Has there ever been electoral voter fraud? Because I don't think there has been. So that system has worked 100% of the time.

Also good job of changing the subject, I commend you. You can spit at the lives and well being of 5300+ kids. Why not discuss the real issue here?

I think some neighbors need you to put up their shutters after you take your head out of your behind.

Apparently it could be tricky. Ask some voters in West Palm Beach.

And heck, a few times people have tried to "cheat" and voted for someone else than they were "compelled" to vote for, yet the system worked and the voice of the people spoke 100% of the time as the system said it should.

Anyway, going to get back on topic yet?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.