Leiter's lush life

Teal Shadow

Very Good Read.......still somthing i wonder about all the time, is if the 98 team were alowed to defend there title, if we could have repeated....and what are team would look like now if not for the dismantlement in 98

689119[/snapback]

1998 the Yankees would've dominated us in every way possible. That team was amazing.

Very Good Read.......still somthing i wonder about all the time, is if the 98 team were alowed to defend there title, if we could have repeated....and what are team would look like now if not for the dismantlement in 98

689119[/snapback]

1998 the Yankees would've dominated us in every way possible. That team was amazing.

689129[/snapback]

We would have been so deep it's not even funny....

On the bench:

Alex Gonzalez

Cliff Floyd

Mike Redmond

Luis Castillo

Kevin Millar (I think?)

BUT, we wouldn't have had Preston Wilson, Mike Lowell, AJ Burnett, Josh Beckett, Brad Penny,

Sorry, I have to interrupt this message--Conan just said Rosario Dawson is naked in "Alexander"....Did not know that!

689119[/snapback]

689129[/snapback]

On the bench:

Alex Gonzalez

Cliff Floyd

Mike Redmond

Luis Castillo

Kevin Millar (I think?)

BUT, we wouldn't have had Preston Wilson, Mike Lowell, AJ Burnett, Josh Beckett, Brad Penny,

Sorry, I have to interrupt this message--Conan just said Rosario Dawson is naked in "Alexander"....Did not know that!

689133[/snapback]

We probably wouldn't have even won the NL East. Heck, the Bravos won 106 games. The Yankees won 114 games. Even if we improved, there's no way we improve by 14 games from 92 wins up to 106 wins. The team just wasn't that good. The 98 Yankees were the definition of a team.

689119[/snapback]

689129[/snapback]

On the bench:

Alex Gonzalez

Cliff Floyd

Mike Redmond

Luis Castillo

Kevin Millar (I think?)

689133[/snapback]

We probably wouldn't have even won the NL East. Heck, the Bravos won 106 games. The Yankees won 114 games. Even if we improved, there's no way we improve by 14 games from 92 wins up to 106 wins. The team just wasn't that good. The 98 Yankees were the definition of a team.

689144[/snapback]

Tu che (or however you say it)

A different Marlin's team would have resulted in a different division record for all team's concerned, methinks. Therefore, total wins would vary...

This year, at least, the Marlins hope, Leiter will be a diplomat in the clubhouse, helping to mentor three fellow starting pitchers who many believe have failed to harness their potential.

If Leiter can debate politics with Bill Clinton and help Bloomberg bounce back in the polls, surely he can help Josh Beckett, A.J. Burnett and Dontrelle Willis.

"I'm very well aware I was brought in here for more than just what I'm going to do every fifth day,'' he said. "The more you keep someone accountable, the better, and the best way to do that is have them engaged in dialogue where they say what they need to do.''

Well, here's hoping that Beckett and Burnett listen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.