Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lots o' trade talk

Featured Replies

and who would take Kendall? Kendall is a cacther that is WAY overpaid.

Kendall is the man..... All the tools but power.... Throw him at 1B and in the 7 hole, then move him back to C next year.

 

 

Still dreaming.....

Kendall makes 8mil next year.... How much do you think Lee and a decent throw in or two would??

 

Hmmmm.... Thad'be right around 8 million.

Castro can move to 1B.. I mean If we D Lee this offseason...

I want Castro catching next year. The guy is going to be a star, and all signs show that. In his last full season (AAA) he hit . 320+ and had 27 HR's. That's something I always agreed with Torborg on. Castro will be an All-Star one day.

Kendall makes 8mil next year.... How much do you think Lee and a decent throw in or two would??

 

Hmmmm.... Thad'be right around 8 million.

You would honestly take 4HR's over 21HR? How can I even argue with you guys. Your not even logical.

Why is it that everyone thinks that every single player can easily become a first baseman? :blink: :confused

Kendall makes 8mil next year.... How much do you think Lee and a decent throw in or two would??

 

Hmmmm.... Thad'be right around 8 million.

You would honestly take 4HR's over 21HR? How can I even argue with you guys. Your not even logical. Exactly. Derrek Lee is the only big power threat we have outside of Mike Lowell. And again Filet O' Fish, in 81 games if the year (on the road) Derrek is a . 300 hitter that has as much power as anyone. I mean, if the guy stays on this pace, he'll have 30 road HR's alone this year.

Why is it that everyone thinks that every single player can easily become a first baseman? :blink: :confused

Catchers usually make a smooth transition to 1B...

I have been saying the same thing for the past week or so. If we can get Giles, we then can trade Kendall to someone who would give us another reliever, a good veteran like Lightenberg, and take his contract too. The problem here, like always, is money. Littlefield, the Pirates GM, worked with the Marlins before and he know what we can offer. Plus, he is under a ton of pressure to trade all the high salaries. I think we can make an offer of Castro, Neal, and Bump plus some minor prospect and get Giles and Kendall, provided that we can then send Kendall to another team and get a reliever plus prospects. This way we can even offset the trade with the Rangers and get some quality back. Now, the thing is that if you deal Castro, who is basically warming the bench and I am pretty sure the Pirates would be interested in our "perennial catcher of the future", we then need to be sure that we can re-sign Pudge, because Redmond alone isn't going to cut it if Pudge walks at the end of the year. That would take some creativeness from our FO, assuming that we can keep Lowell and the rest of the important people :blink: I am not crazy about lossing Bump, but if we can replace him with a veteran reliever, I would not be crying over the fact that you have to give up quality to get quality. Neal... I don't care that much.

 

Rondell White is cheaper, that's right. But he doesn't have the power that Giles has and I don't like the fact that he couldn't make it work with the Yankees. Yes, he has 56 RBI and 16 HRs, but he is a righty, and we definetely need a lefty. All I am saying is that we need a lefty threat in LF because Cabrera is way too inexperienced for this type of chase. Maybe Montreal is willing to trade Guerrero and we can put him in LF, although he is not a lefty :w00t

The Pirates would never do the deal you proposed. lol. The Pads offered a far superior package and they rejected it. They are going to want players with high ceilings, not 28yr old catchers and mediocre relief prospects.

You would honestly take 4HR's over 21HR? How can I even argue with you guys. Your not even logical.

No, but I'd give Castro and his power a shot at 1B and put Kendall, his ave. and his speed at C.

 

Why is it that everyone thinks that every single player can easily become a first baseman?

 

Because most any positional player with an IQ over 30 can. You have been listening to the Pro-Lee guys here too long who tell you that defense at 1B is invaluable, even though most teams in MLB could care less as long as the 1B is an offensive threat.

 

Derrek is a . 300 hitter that has as much power as anyone. I mean, if the guy stays on this pace, he'll have 30 road HR's alone this year.

 

Funny, last I looked he was batting around .250. And those homers really mean alot when you are batting .173 in "close and late" situations, or when you are batting .238 after the 6th inning, or when you are batting .247 with runners on, or when you....Aw, the heck with it...He just sucks.

Catchers usually make a smooth transition to 1B...

Yeah, if they've only played a year or two at the position, but in the last 3 days alone, I've heard people saying that LF's, 3B's, veteran C's, and others could play 1B. Doesn't sound right to me.

I think downrodeo proved the use of SB's earlier. And Lee has comparable speed anyway, so why you put that in the argument I dont understand. I wont even begin to respond to the last statement. Did you basically just say homeruns count only at certain points of a game? LOL. Why do I even try!

Funny, last I looked he was batting around .250. And those homers really mean alot when you are batting .173 in "close and late" situations, or when you are batting .238 after the 6th inning, or when you are batting .247 with runners on, or when you....Aw, the heck with it...He just sucks.

You took that qute out of context. I said he's batting . 300 on the road, and on the road he's as much a power threat than anyone else in the league.

I think downrodeo proved the use of SB's earlier. And Lee has comparable speed anyway, so why you put that in the argument I dont understand. I wont even begin to respond to the last statement. Did you basically just say homeruns count only at certain points of a game? LOL. Why do I even try!

Exactly...

 

Shamrock you're on fire today. Where the hell else are you going to find a 6'6" 1B that can steal 20+ bases and play GG defense, while hitting 30+ HR's in the process?

Also lets just digest this for a moment...Lee is hitting .500 with runners on 2nd and 3rd and .333 with runners on 1st and 3rd

 

Do you loathe Lee so much that you would leave those out just to let your argument look better? Does Lee look around at the bases before he comes up and says to himself, "OK! Lowell's at first and JP's and 3rd. Ahh no sweat I can do this." But when theres only one runner on third he says, "OMG! Theres nobody on first base! I cant do this I might as well go back to the dugout!"

 

 

LOL! :lol

Did you basically just say homeruns count only at certain points of a game? LOL. Why do I even try!

 

I won't say that they only count at certain points of a game, but I will say that they might as well not count when you jack them out when your team is up by 7 runs.

 

And what's the harm of relacing D. Lee (6mil) and Pudge (10mil) for Kendall (8mil) and Castro ($2.57)? My mention of speed is only to note that there would'nt be that much of a loss of it.

 

And you can talk all you want about home splits, away splits, day splits, night splits, blah blah blah... There is a reason why they call it average. All his away splits tell me is that he sucks at home.

Exactly...

 

Shamrock you're on fire today. Where the hell else are you going to find a 6'6" 1B that can steal 20+ bases and play GG defense, while hitting 30+ HR's in the process?

ding ding we have a logical thinker. :thumbup

Ill Trade RAMP 4 Pokey Reese!!!!!!!

 

Pokey now there is a MLB PLAYA!!!!!

 

lmao we want Giles and than Kendlell awwwe you guys crack me up with ya follish fantasys.....

 

Jose Guillan asking price has inflated cuz what he is doing, they gonna want alot for someone who is a fuxing free agent next year damn reds tthey wont be reasonable...

 

Rondell White is hitting 277 with 21 jacks..... " is it just me, or does anyone really not want this guy".....

 

cuz i sure down, id rather play it with miggy cuz i belive in another month his confidence will be high and his swagger will be back... and he will be a MINI DELGADO/Puljos.....

 

Rondell is not teh answer...

 

only person i know we are getting is another Bull Pen guy..... talks with the Muts about getting Weathers is very strong.....

 

as 4 a BAT i dnt think so... i just think these dman newspapers are writting something cuz they ahve to stir up s***

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.