XBOX 360 Price Leaked

Bradcore

Xbox 360 Prices Leaked

Posted by Curll on May 09 '05 at 05:21 PM

Earlier today, we received a nice little tidbit in an e-mail regarding the 360. As is already known, there will be two packages ready in the fall.

One consists of the bare, basic console, controller, cables, etc. It will retail for the standard $299.99 USD.

The other contains the 360, controller(s?), remote, and the HDD (with extra content). We couldn't get a comment on the chance of this package having the camera bundled. This will retail for the bargin, and fairly uninspired, price of $360 USD.

See what they did there? Xbox 360, $360. Cute.

Waiting to hear about the possible DVI connection

Unfortunately, I have no source. I found these on a message board.

How in the heck is a college kid supposed to be able to afford that?

768001[/snapback]

sell weed and adherol to incoming freshmen :thumbup

768004[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol

I might resort to that.....this thing looks sick.

Guest Fritz

eeeewwww that price is disgusting. I might get the Nintendo system again if it's $100+ cheaper.

768021[/snapback]

An infantile system for an infantile mind.

I'll definitely get the more extensive version of the Xbox 360.

eeeewwww that price is disgusting. I might get the Nintendo system again if it's $100+ cheaper.

768021[/snapback]

768231[/snapback]

I'll get the PS3 mainly because they have all the rpg series that I love to play.

Final Fantasy

Breath of Fire

Suikoden

Kindom Hearts

Wild Arms

Star Ocean

Musahi

etc.

768021[/snapback]

768231[/snapback]

Most ignorant comment I've heard on this board in a while.

Funny that it's about the cost of the PSP.

I'm inclined to believe that the price'll come down though. Microsoft is pushing this thing out there almost a year ahead of Sony to try to cut into market share; a low cost relative to the cost of the hardware (like what Sony did with the PSP) is likely. Microsoft would take it on the chin selling hardware, but make it all up on the software, while taking a big portion of Sony's console market share. It's a big win for Microsoft, I say look for it to happen.

768021[/snapback]

768231[/snapback]

Sorry Fritz, I got more enjoyment out of my GameCube and PS2 than I ever did my Xbox. I agree with Chewbacca.

Guest Fritz

768021[/snapback]

768231[/snapback]

Sorry Fritz, I got more enjoyment out of my GameCube and PS2 than I ever did my Xbox. I agree with Chewbacca.

768441[/snapback]

I wouldn't even consider touching a Gamecube. There has been one game on that system that piqued my interest and that was RE4. That said, I have become an Xbox fanboy of late because I've boughten two AA titles for PS2 and have probably played them a grand total of four hours (GTA:SA and GT4).

768021[/snapback]

768231[/snapback]

768441[/snapback]

I wouldn't even consider touching a Gamecube. There has been one game on that system that piqued my interest and that was RE4. That said, I have become an Xbox fanboy of late because I've boughten two AA titles for PS2 and have probably played them a grand total of four hours (GTA:SA and GT4).

768464[/snapback]

Not that I don't respect your opinion (because I usually do), but if you think that RE4 is the only worthwhile game for the GameCube then you are seriously mistaken. But like I said, I respect your opinion. :mischief

• 2 weeks later...

768021[/snapback]

there is a reason gamecube is so cheap its becuase it sucks no one liikes it i have more fun on my regular and super nintendo than i ever had on gamecube i say xbox all the way mostly becuase of the awesome s controller and if you havent seen the new controler for the ps3 it sucks and no way would i pay $700 for a ps3 if i can buy the xbox for $300 anyways look at the xbox almost everygame is out for it except for a few came cude and sony exclusives and look at all the memory storage you get with it