BBTN Marlins Talk

Kruk said the Marlins will win the NL East because we have better starting pitching than the Braves, bullpens are a tossup, and our offense is so much better.

Peter Gammons said JP will eventually come around and Luis is finally getting back into his groove after being out and we'll be a force to be reckoned with when JP and Luis are on base 40% of the time.

BBTN thinks we'll win the NL East.

Wow, who ever thought the BBTN guys would have more confidence in our team than many on this board? Quite frankly, I'm wondering if they can win the division. They don't seem to be doing the one thing the Braves have done during their run- beat the teams they're supposed to beat (i.e. Pirates)- though they have been okay at doing that prior to this stretch.

Wow, who ever thought the BBTN guys would have more confidence in our team than many on this board? Quite frankly, I'm wondering if they can win the division. They don't seem to be doing the one thing the Braves have done during their run- beat the teams they're supposed to beat (i.e. Pirates)- though they have been okay at doing that prior to this stretch.

791100[/snapback]

We didn't beat the Pirates in Pittsburgh the year we won the WS either...for some reason we're jinxed up there. Hard to figure out why.

Kruk said the Marlins will win the NL East because we have better starting pitching than the Braves, bullpens are a tossup, and our offense is so much better.

Peter Gammons said JP will eventually come around and Luis is finally getting back into his groove after being out and we'll be a force to be reckoned with when JP and Luis are on base 40% of the time.

BBTN thinks we'll win the NL East.

791073[/snapback]

I completely agree.

the opinions of many of the national reporters are questionable at best compared to everyday fans like ourselves, considering we watch the intricacies of every single play day in and day out, whilst they may only catch a few national games and read the box scores. They may only form their opinions based on stats for a given night, such as the stat which says the marlins have the most 5 run innings by far in the league. This stat is dissillusioning especially when you consider they are at the bottom of the league in runs scored, which means that the rest of the time they are probably scoring little runs. I wouldnt trust the opinions of these guys, and one must consider there might be other motivations behind their predictions. Take for example the comment about Luis getting back into his groove. Everyday fans like us know that Luis, despite being injured, never really lost his groove , but more importantly, thse guys probably look at easley's batting average unfavorably, but ALL of us know how valuable he has been since Luis injury, and even added clutch power to the lineup.

National reporters get a lot of their sources from friends in the scouting, playing and coaching ranks which can be biased, sometimes even made up. The common joke around baseball is that you can find a scout to say anything you want as it's off the record.

the opinions of many of the national reporters are questionable at best compared to everyday fans like ourselves, considering we watch the intricacies of every single play day in and day out, whilst they may only catch a few national games and read the box scores. They may only form their opinions based on stats for a given night, such as the stat which says the marlins have the most 5 run innings by far in the league. This stat is dissillusioning especially when you consider they are at the bottom of the league in runs scored, which means that the rest of the time they are probably scoring little runs. I wouldnt trust the opinions of these guys, and one must consider there might be other motivations behind their predictions. Take for example the comment about Luis getting back into his groove. Everyday fans like us know that Luis, despite being injured, never really lost his groove , but more importantly, thse guys probably look at easley's batting average unfavorably, but ALL of us know how valuable he has been since Luis injury, and even added clutch power to the lineup.

791301[/snapback]

Well said.