afer13

Guest Juanky

YAY! MORE PESSIMISM!

803030[/snapback]

We've lost 12 of 14.

Pessimism allowed.

803036[/snapback]

Hey now, we haven't lost yet.

And it's 12 of 15 if this one ends this way.

I thought we were going to win this game because Josh had everything working for him early. He struck out the side in the first inning and struck out the first 4 batters of the game. He didn't allow a hit or a baserunner until the 3rd inning. So he had an auspicious start and everything looked great for him early on so I'm very surprised looking at the score now.

We needed Josh to continue the win streak. Winning one game after losing a bunch of games in a row then losing again doesn't accomplish anything.

Josh is our ace, he's suppose to be leading us, but instead, Willis is. I hope he see's that and start to step it up and take back his position as our ace.

Guest Moneyball

YAY! MORE PESSIMISM!

803030[/snapback]

We've lost 12 of 14.

Pessimism allowed.

803036[/snapback]

Hey now, we haven't lost yet.

And it's 12 of 15 if this one ends this way.803045[/snapback]

You made my day, Juanky I'm so encouraged now. :plain

whoever thinks that this isnt a reason to be pessimist is insane. If you have your ACE going against an incredibly subpar pitcher like Aaron Sele and you can't stay in the game, much less win..you are in deep crap. :banghead

803075[/snapback]

Well he is our "ace", but he's not the best pitcher on our staff, so forget about him being our ace, he's not. Starting on openning day has nothing to do with it also...

And it's just one game, take a chil. Were in a slump, so everything is going bad.

And Sele has been more than a subpar pitcher....

I thought we were going to win this game because Josh had everything working for him early. He struck out the side in the first inning and struck out the first 4 batters of the game. He didn't allow a hit or a baserunner until the 3rd inning. So he had an auspicious start and everything looked great for him early on so I'm very surprised looking at the score now.

We needed Josh to continue the win streak. Winning one game after losing a bunch of games in a row then losing again doesn't accomplish anything.

Josh is our ace, he's suppose to be leading us, but instead, Willis is. I hope he see's that and start to step it up and take back his position as our ace.

803067[/snapback]

Once Jawch gave up the first run, he new he was getting a L

803067[/snapback]

Once Jawch gave up the first run, he new he was getting a L

803100[/snapback]

:lol Not neccessarily. He could have pulled off a Moehler and actually got a hit to drive in 2 runs.... :p

This game was supposed to be close. Sele is always around the strikezone and doesn't allow much, and Josh seemed to be on his game. I really wasn't expecting a blowout, but once the Mariners got on te board they just couldn't seem to stop scoring.

whoever thinks that this isnt a reason to be pessimist is insane. If you have your ACE going against an incredibly subpar pitcher like Aaron Sele and you can't stay in the game, much less win..you are in deep crap.? :banghead

803075[/snapback]

Well he is our "ace", but he's not the best pitcher on our staff, so forget about him being our ace, he's not. Starting on openning day has nothing to do with it also...

And it's just one game, take a chil. Were in a slump, so everything is going bad.

803097[/snapback]

Your nuts. Your just being naive to the situation

1. Josh Beckett is the Florida Marlin's Ace.

2. You are right this is a slump, my arguement is not that we won't get out of the slump just that this kind of slump is unacceptable.

3. MY FAT ASS Aaron Sele is more than a subpar pitcher

4.52 career era = subpar pitcher

1.474 career whip = subpar pitcher

not mediocre not ok not anything other than a bad pitcher

whoever thinks that this isnt a reason to be pessimist is insane. If you have your ACE going against an incredibly subpar pitcher like Aaron Sele and you can't stay in the game, much less win..you are in deep crap.? :banghead

803075[/snapback]

803097[/snapback]

2. You are right this is a slump, my arguement is not that we won't get out of the slump just that this kind of slump is unacceptable.

803130[/snapback]

He's not our ace, ok? He wasn't our best pitcher last year and he's not our best pitcher this year. Again, the starter on openning day isn't neccessarily the teams ace.

This slump is "OK". It's not like were a million games out of first place, were just a few games back.

And Sele has been more than a subpar pitcher in the past. Last year he was 9-4, he was 15-5 in 2001, 17-10 in 2000, 18-9 in 1999, 19-11 in 1998....

whoever thinks that this isnt a reason to be pessimist is insane. If you have your ACE going against an incredibly subpar pitcher like Aaron Sele and you can't stay in the game, much less win..you are in deep crap. :banghead

803075[/snapback]

803097[/snapback]

803130[/snapback]

He's not our ace, ok? He wasn't our best pitcher last year and he's not our best pitcher this year. Again, the starter on openning day isn't neccessarily the teams ace.

This slump is "OK". It's not like were a million games out of first place, were just a few games back.

And Sele has been more than a subpar pitcher in the past. Last year he was 9-4, he was 15-5 in 2001, 17-10 in 2000, 18-9 in 1999, 19-11 in 1998....

803151[/snapback]

what else do you want?

803075[/snapback]

803097[/snapback]

803130[/snapback]

803151[/snapback]

what else do you want?

803157[/snapback]

We can deal with this slump. If we get out of it soon we can make the playoffs.

A few games back is nothing to cry a river about.

It's pathetic. Any pitcher in the league could look like a Cy Young candidate when starting against this offense in its current state.

803161[/snapback]

Well Dontrelle is looking like a Cy Young candidate with this offense and not facing this offense...

Guest Juanky

He's not our ace, ok?

One game playoff, any pitcher can pitch - Josh gets the ball.

He is the ace.Josh is the Ace but Dontrelle is pitching like an Ace.I never said he wasn't, but that is irrelevent to the topic at hand.

Trelle is pitching better, AJ has better stuff, Moehler has better numbers, all irrelevent.

Josh is the ace.