Tony Womac

JPMarlin

Guest Fritz

The Padres are interested in a 2B.

Send Womack to the Padres for prospects.

The Yanks in turn send those prospects for what they need.

813986[/snapback]

I don't think the Padres want to pick up that big tab for Womack's contract when Loretta comes back in a few months and is a legit All-Star guy.

Womack should be traded, no idea who they would want....

815209[/snapback]

Does it matter who the Yankees get? :p

I was able to see the game yesterday on WGN... it's only the 2nd or 3rd time I've been able to see Womack in left, and he didn't impress me at all. There were two plays back-to-back where he got the ball and then just held on to it for three seconds before doing anything with it, even though he should have (at least on the first play) had a play at the plate. And while I know yes, he's really a 2B, and the fielder's glove is bigger for the outfield (that was what Bob Brenly was blaming it on), it really didn't look like he was trying all that much. He didn't impress me at the plate either, although he did hit a foul ball that could have been a HR if it was fair. I just think the Yankees don't really need him.

813986[/snapback]

I don't think the Padres want to pick up that big tab for Womack's contract when Loretta comes back in a few months and is a legit All-Star guy.

815076[/snapback]

key words

Guest Fritz

813986[/snapback]

815076[/snapback]

key words

815458[/snapback]

Then they're stuck with a guy with declining skills making a lot of money playing backup to their best player.

Womack is a 2nd Baseman plain and simple.. He didnt expect to be moved to the OF. His arm isnt that great. He had a lucky year in St. Louis. I had a feeling when he went to NY or any other team he'd be nothing anymore. Glad we let him go when we did but I'm also thankful for what he contributed to the Cards last year. But I dont want him back.