he's baaaaack

MVPosey

Too bad he can't pitch in the other 4 spots of the rotation.

822158[/snapback]

if Schmidt can stay like this, the Giants will have a pretty good rotation down the stretch...with the true ace back, he will be mixed with Brett Tomko, who every year is crap in the first half and great in the second half, Noah Lowry is much better than what his record and ERA indicate, Jesse Foppert will get better and better as he continues to recover from Tommy John, not to mention the arrival of Matt Cain, the best pitching prospect this side of Felix Hernandez

I've watched his last two outings, and though he's still not throwing in the mid to high 90's.. he's mixing his pitches well... And he's finally locating the ball.. He looked absolutely awesome !!

I haven't written the Giants off just yet. You're right about Tomko and Lowry. And I think Foppert will continue to get better and better. People forget he's coming off Tommy John surgery.

I really don't think so. As long as the Giants are somewhat in it (and they are right now), Sabean won't give up. I'd actually be surprised if he doesn't to something to improve the team, rather than trade away veterans for prospects.

I can see them trading Edgardo Alfonzo, J.T Snow or Pedro Feliz... maybe even a Michael Tucker or something, but not their ace. They have young guys that are ready to take over at 1b, 3b, and OF.

Schmidt is the ace, and they're already talking about picking up his option for next season.