Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How did Willis ever get the nickname the D-Train?

Featured Replies

I think his old lady gave it to him.

 

Something about people jumping on the D-train about this time 2003. You can call it a bandwagon.

:blink: Umm D-Train comes from his name Dontrelle. Just a simple play on the first initial.

823685[/snapback]

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I think he was talking about the "Train" part.

  • Author

:blink: Umm D-Train comes from his name Dontrelle. Just a simple play on the first initial.

823685[/snapback]

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I think he was talking about the "Train" part.

823688[/snapback]

 

 

yeah, I was talking about the train part.. I guess it just sounds good

:blink: Umm D-Train comes from his name Dontrelle. Just a simple play on the first initial.

823685[/snapback]

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I think he was talking about the "Train" part.

823688[/snapback]

 

 

yeah, I was talking about the train part.. I guess it just sounds good

823703[/snapback]

No. There is a story to it. I just forgot.

Supposedly his grandfather nicknamed him because he was always running around the house like a train

Supposedly his grandfather nicknamed him because he was always running around the house like a train

823730[/snapback]

I heard that the ghost of walter johnson came down from heaven and placed a golden engineer's hat on his head. Then with a ululating cry he announced "All aboooooooooaaard, the D-Train has arrived!!".

 

Seriously though, I heard it was his grandmother.

Ha ha. I finally have something real to add. I know the answer to this question because my GF saw a Sports Illustrated For Kids Magazine on the table in her house and she opened it up and the first thing she saw was the Florida Marlins, and she knows I'm a big Marlin fan so she gave me the article. It's an interview that they had with the D-Train this season after he was 7-0. Here's part of it:

 

Q. Who gave you the nickname the D-Train?

A. My teammate A.J. Burnett gave it to me. He told me that everyone will go as far as [i take] them.

 

For those of you who recieve Sports Illustrated the Magazine and still have some from a while ago it's on page 23, so you can verify it. And please don't give the productive post credit to me, give it to my GF. :thumbup

Ha ha. I finally have something real to add. I know the answer to this question because my GF saw a Sports Illustrated For Kids Magazine on the table in her house and she opened it up and the first thing she saw was the Florida Marlins, and she knows I'm a big Marlin fan so she gave me the article. It's an interview that they had with the D-Train this season after he was 7-0. Here's part of it:

 

Q. Who gave you the nickname the D-Train?

A. My teammate A.J. Burnett gave it to me. He told me that everyone will go as far as [i take] them.

 

For those of you who recieve Sports Illustrated the Magazine and still have some from a while ago it's on page 23, so you can verify it. And please don't give the productive post credit to me, give it to my GF. :thumbup

Ha ha. I finally have something real to add. I know the answer to this question because my GF saw a Sports Illustrated For Kids Magazine on the table in her house and she opened it up and the first thing she saw was the Florida Marlins, and she knows I'm a big Marlin fan so she gave me the article. It's an interview that they had with the D-Train this season after he was 7-0. Here's part of it:

 

Q. Who gave you the nickname the D-Train?

A. My teammate A.J. Burnett gave it to me. He told me that everyone will go as far as [i take] them.

 

For those of you who recieve Sports Illustrated the Magazine and still have some from a while ago it's on page 23, so you can verify it. And please don't give the productive post credit to me, give it to my GF. :thumbup

823844[/snapback]

 

Imaginary friends don't count.

Ha ha. I finally have something real to add. I know the answer to this question because my GF saw a Sports Illustrated For Kids Magazine on the table in her house and she opened it up and the first thing she saw was the Florida Marlins, and she knows I'm a big Marlin fan so she gave me the article. It's an interview that they had with the D-Train this season after he was 7-0. Here's part of it:

 

Q. Who gave you the nickname the D-Train?

A. My teammate A.J. Burnett gave it to me. He told me that everyone will go as far as [i take] them.

 

For those of you who recieve Sports Illustrated the Magazine and still have some from a while ago it's on page 23, so you can verify it. And please don't give the productive post credit to me, give it to my GF. :thumbup

823844[/snapback]

 

Imaginary friends don't count.

823867[/snapback]

:thumbdown Not funny. Get a life, fag. She's real.

Are you two gonna go at it yet again? :eyebrow

Are you two gonna go at it yet again? :eyebrow

823870[/snapback]

 

No, I just wanted to get that little comment in.

Are you two gonna go at it yet again?? :eyebrow

823870[/snapback]

 

No, I just wanted to get that little comment in.

823874[/snapback]

I thought we made up but I guess not.

I'm still angry that I didn't keep the sheet of trading cards that had the first-ever Tiger Woods card years ago in Sports Illustrated for Kids. The Woods card alone is worth $300.

I'm still angry that I didn't keep the sheet of trading cards that had the first-ever Tiger Woods card years ago in Sports Illustrated for Kids. The Woods card alone is worth $300.

823918[/snapback]

It's okay dude. G-d has secretly repaid you the money.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.