Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Match ups vs Braves

Featured Replies

This 4 game series vs the braves looks good for us. Their best pitcher of the series is Sosa and he is going up against Dontrell. The other 3 guys have eras around 5. The wild cards will be Lieter and Olsen. If they pitch well then we should take 3 out of 4.

Can't lie to anyone, I would like to see if Olsen is for real, pitch him against the Braves, Instead of Beckett. If he does good, then say goodbye to Burnett as far as I am concerned. Olsen is too good to keep down in double A, it's time to see what the young kids can do.

Can't lie to anyone, I would like to see if Olsen is for real, pitch him against the Braves, Instead of Beckett. If he does good, then say goodbye to Burnett as far as I am concerned. Olsen is too good to keep down in double A, it's time to see what the young kids can do.

828034[/snapback]

 

Well, it's a good thing it's not your decision. Even if Olsen pitches a 1 hitter I'd say it's unwise to ditch A.J. for a rookie with 2 starts. A.J. showed what he's capable of yesterday. I see him staying as good the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy. I predicted at the beginning of the season that A.J. would be our #1 pitcher if we make the playoffs. I'm sticking to it. A.J. starts game 1 of the WS. A.J. will probably be leaving us after this season. Olsen looke good. He can pitch next year, unless injuries come up with our other starters.

Can't lie to anyone, I would like to see if Olsen is for real, pitch him against the Braves, Instead of Beckett.? If he does good, then say goodbye to Burnett as far as I am concerned.? Olsen is too good to keep down in double A, it's time to see what the young kids can do.

828034[/snapback]

 

Well, it's a good thing it's not your decision. Even if Olsen pitches a 1 hitter I'd say it's unwise to ditch A.J. for a rookie with 2 starts. A.J. showed what he's capable of yesterday. I see him staying as good the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy. I predicted at the beginning of the season that A.J. would be our #1 pitcher if we make the playoffs. I'm sticking to it. A.J. starts game 1 of the WS. A.J. will probably be leaving us after this season. Olsen looke good. He can pitch next year, unless injuries come up with our other starters.

828067[/snapback]

 

 

You are wrong. If Olsen can give us good starts- then BYE BYE Burnett. Because AJ will NOT be a Marlin next year. We can win without him when we get a good trade for him.

Can't lie to anyone, I would like to see if Olsen is for real, pitch him against the Braves, Instead of Beckett.? If he does good, then say goodbye to Burnett as far as I am concerned.? Olsen is too good to keep down in double A, it's time to see what the young kids can do.

828034[/snapback]

 

Well, it's a good thing it's not your decision. Even if Olsen pitches a 1 hitter I'd say it's unwise to ditch A.J. for a rookie with 2 starts. A.J. showed what he's capable of yesterday. I see him staying as good the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy. I predicted at the beginning of the season that A.J. would be our #1 pitcher if we make the playoffs. I'm sticking to it. A.J. starts game 1 of the WS. A.J. will probably be leaving us after this season. Olsen looke good. He can pitch next year, unless injuries come up with our other starters.

828067[/snapback]

 

 

You are wrong. If Olsen can give us good starts- then BYE BYE Burnett. Because AJ will NOT be a Marlin next year. We can win without him when we get a good trade for him.

828076[/snapback]

 

 

I disagree with that, Olsen's best trade value ever is right now. Because he has done so good up here last game. If you pitch him and he gets rocked hard core? Then Olsen's value drops like a stock broker after a crash. Why risk that if he is some of our trade bait?

 

Personally, I hope becket is back and going though.

match ups look good for pitching.. but they are still the stinking braves

 

:( :( :(

 

they always find a way, I still remember chippers game winning run in extra innings earlier in the year (think it was game two was at it hehe) God that just was a kick to the chest hehe. I hope we can knock them off their game after their own sweep of the O's

didnt smoltz just pitch like 7-8 innings yesterday?

828106[/snapback]

2nd complete game in a row

 

and it doesn't matter what the pitchers numbers are we're talking marlins offense, whether we're facing the best they have to offer (smoltz, 1-1, we scored like 8 and we scored 0) or its horacio ramirez or whatever, if are bats are sleeping they could be throwing a low level class A pitcher and they'd still probably shut us out. IMO. on the other hand, if the offense is awake, they could throw pedro or randy johnson or curt schilling and we could shallack them, very weird.

Can't lie to anyone, I would like to see if Olsen is for real, pitch him against the Braves, Instead of Beckett. If he does good, then say goodbye to Burnett as far as I am concerned. Olsen is too good to keep down in double A, it's time to see what the young kids can do.

828034[/snapback]

 

Well, it's a good thing it's not your decision. Even if Olsen pitches a 1 hitter I'd say it's unwise to ditch A.J. for a rookie with 2 starts. A.J. showed what he's capable of yesterday. I see him staying as good the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy. I predicted at the beginning of the season that A.J. would be our #1 pitcher if we make the playoffs. I'm sticking to it. A.J. starts game 1 of the WS. A.J. will probably be leaving us after this season. Olsen looke good. He can pitch next year, unless injuries come up with our other starters.

828067[/snapback]

 

 

You are wrong. If Olsen can give us good starts- then BYE BYE Burnett. Because AJ will NOT be a Marlin next year. We can win without him when we get a good trade for him.

828076[/snapback]

 

 

I disagree with that, Olsen's best trade value ever is right now. Because he has done so good up here last game. If you pitch him and he gets rocked hard core? Then Olsen's value drops like a stock broker after a crash. Why risk that if he is some of our trade bait?

 

Personally, I hope becket is back and going though.

828101[/snapback]

 

 

We need to keep Olsen. He's going to be a stud in the future.

Can't lie to anyone, I would like to see if Olsen is for real, pitch him against the Braves, Instead of Beckett.? If he does good, then say goodbye to Burnett as far as I am concerned.? Olsen is too good to keep down in double A, it's time to see what the young kids can do.

828034[/snapback]

 

Well, it's a good thing it's not your decision. Even if Olsen pitches a 1 hitter I'd say it's unwise to ditch A.J. for a rookie with 2 starts. A.J. showed what he's capable of yesterday. I see him staying as good the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy. I predicted at the beginning of the season that A.J. would be our #1 pitcher if we make the playoffs. I'm sticking to it. A.J. starts game 1 of the WS. A.J. will probably be leaving us after this season. Olsen looke good. He can pitch next year, unless injuries come up with our other starters.

828067[/snapback]

 

 

You are wrong. If Olsen can give us good starts- then BYE BYE Burnett. Because AJ will NOT be a Marlin next year. We can win without him when we get a good trade for him.

828076[/snapback]

 

 

I disagree with that, Olsen's best trade value ever is right now. Because he has done so good up here last game. If you pitch him and he gets rocked hard core? Then Olsen's value drops like a stock broker after a crash. Why risk that if he is some of our trade bait?

 

Personally, I hope becket is back and going though.

828101[/snapback]

 

 

We need to keep Olsen. He's going to be a stud in the future.

828258[/snapback]

The same with Burnetts trade value right now. It won't get any higher, and we all have to agree he won't be here next year. So lets get rid of him, we won in '03, so trade him for relief help and a bat maybe...or I like the Red Sox deal with Hanley. So yes, get rid of Burnett, and I didn't mean to trade Burnett if Olsen does well, but since we have a couple of weeks before the trade deadline, see what the kid has got. If we think he can do it, then trade Burnett for some help.

This 4 game series vs the braves looks good for us. Their best pitcher of the series is Sosa and he is going up against Dontrell. The other 3 guys have eras around 5. The wild cards will be Lieter and Olsen. If they pitch well then we should take 3 out of 4.

827999[/snapback]

That Hanley Ramirez guy just beat us again. :plain

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.