Romantic things in Gainesville?

Guest markotsay7

Guest markotsay7

Hey,

I know a lot of you live/go to college in Gainesville. I've been up here about 4 weeks now, but anyway...

My girlfriend's coming up next weekend and I don't know much of the area or many of the restaurants. So...what can we do and where can we eat that would be romantic, good things for a couple to do (at night specifically but daytime is fine too)?

Stonewood is a nice restaurant. Fine dining at a non-ridiculous price. If not go downtown, there are a lot of good places out on 2nd ave...Dragonfly (Japanese), Marks US Prime (Steak), and there are some other fancy places around there.

Hey,

I know a lot of you live/go to college in Gainesville. I've been up here about 4 weeks now, but anyway...

My girlfriend's coming up next weekend and I don't know much of the area or many of the restaurants. So...what can we do and where can we eat that would be romantic, good things for a couple to do (at night specifically but daytime is fine too)?

858944[/snapback]

dood, you dont have to take your blow up doll out on the town. she wont mind if you stay at home with her.

Guest markotsay7

Hey,

858944[/snapback]

dood, you dont have to take your blow up doll out on the town. she wont mind if you stay at home with her.

859147[/snapback]

:( She doesn't want to deflate.

Guest markotsay7

Jimmy John's and Chipotle are classy for me.

859491[/snapback]

Ok, so what would be white-glove to you? :p

Help meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hey,

858944[/snapback]

Honestly the most romantic thing you could do is open your car door, step inside and drive to St. Augustine I am being dead serious Gainesville doesnt have much to offer , St. Augustine whether you are downtown or on the beach is beautifull and most places arent too expensive. Besides if you and your girl are new to No Florida it is defintely worth seeing you could show your girl everything worth seeing in gainesville in less than an hr TRUST me go to St.Augustine

We were actually talking about going to St. Augustine. But...we're both poor college students...

859687[/snapback]

The beach is free , walking around St. George street is free , the only thing that would cost you anything is food even if you stay here in gainesville your probably going to drop 40 bucks , you could go to A1A and sit out on the deck that looks out towards the bridge of lions right on the water for 40 bucks even Harry Seafood they have one in gainesville but in st aug right on the water , they have outside candle-lit tables . The only downside is free parking is tight downtown , you could find it if you park on a residential side street, but i would bring a couple bucks in quarters just in case

Guest markotsay7

We were actually talking about going to St. Augustine. But...we're both poor college students...

859687[/snapback]

The beach is free , walking around St. George street is free , the only thing that would cost you anything is food even if you stay here in gainesville your probably going to drop 40 bucks , you could go to A1A and sit out on the deck that looks out towards the bridge of lions right on the water for 40 bucks even Harry Seafood they have one in gainesville but in st aug right on the water , they have outside candle-lit tables . The only downside is free parking is tight downtown , you could find it if you park on a residential side street, but i would bring a couple bucks in quarters just in case

859701[/snapback]

The money would come from staying there, I'm not sure she'd wanna spend the night awake because she's gonna be driving home and I'm sure neither of us would be up for a 2 hour drive very late at night. Is there a lot of stuff really late there?

Honestly the most romantic thing you could do is open your car door, step inside and drive to St. Augustine I am being dead serious Gainesville doesnt have much to offer , St. Augustine whether you are downtown or on the beach is beautifull and most places arent too expensive. Besides if you and your girl are new to No Florida it is defintely worth seeing you could show your girl everything worth seeing in gainesville in less than an hr TRUST me go to St.Augustine

859635[/snapback]

that's actually a really good idea.

kotsay, listen to this man.

Guest markotsay7

We talked about it and we're gonna go to St. Augustine on Saturday. Are there lots of things to do late at night though? Are people there throughout the night on weekends?