Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which young pitcher would you build around?

Featured Replies

i just voted for Willis... and the standing are...

 

Rich Harden - 10.1%

Mark Prior - 51.5%

Brandon Webb - 3.1%

Dontrelle Willis - 35.2%

after two starts 1/10 of all people wanna build around harden

 

but even though i know harden will be good. that just shows the knowledge of america. after two godamn starts

 

ughh everyone is so dumb

after two starts 1/10 of all people wanna build around harden

 

but even though i know harden will be good. that just shows the knowledge of america. after two godamn starts

 

ughh everyone is so dumb

 

I doubt those who voted for Harden are basing their decision on his two major league starts.

after two starts 1/10 of all people wanna build around harden

 

but even though i know harden will be good. that just shows the knowledge of america. after two godamn starts

 

ughh everyone is so dumb

 

I doubt those who voted for Harden are basing their decision on his two major league starts. you doubt it??? its actually very obvious

 

if they would've put that name there before he made his debut you would have less than 1% voted for him. i guarantee it

you doubt it??? its actually very obvious

 

if they would've put that name there before he made his debut you would have less than 1% voted for him. i guarantee it

 

I don't see how you can guarantee something that's purely hypothetical. Maybe some of that 10% is due to his two starts, but I'm sure a lot of it is also due to the fact that he was regarded as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball and is still only 21.

 

Besides, you don't seem to have a problem with the 35% Willis received based on all of 16 major league starts.

its 18

 

and 18 major league starts lets you know what a pitcher is all about not two

 

c'mon you know that after two major league starts they are just riding the train. but after 18 you know who is who

its 18

 

and 18 major league starts lets you know what a pitcher is all about not two

 

c'mon you know that after two major league starts they are just riding the train. but after 18 you know who is who

Not exactly.

Even though hes not nearly as flashy as Willis, Id take Prior. Sure Willis is a big draw and I hope he becomes a great pitcher, but winning brings fans back for every game and Prior is the best to build a winning team around.

Webb Should be way above harden IMO. Even though i havent seen Harden pitch but i have seen Webb and i dont think there is anyone better except for Prior and Willis.

Webb Should be way above harden IMO. Even though i havent seen Harden pitch but i have seen Webb and i dont think there is anyone better except for Prior and Willis.

so you will judge because you havent seen?

 

Harden will be better than any of the Oakland's big 3

I LUV SEEING WILLIS PITCH AND I AM A MARLIN FAN BY HEART!!! BUT PRIOR I JUST AND AMAZING PITCHER

Did we really need another one of these guys?

I LUV SEEING WILLIS PITCH AND I AM A MARLIN FAN BY HEART!!! BUT PRIOR I JUST AND AMAZING PITCHER

:confused ....Is that you SportsCenter?

I cant stand Prior...this guy has yet to do anything...but he is going to be a good one and only a fool would say he would rather build his team around someone else right now. Given the choices, I would rank Prior, Harden, Willis and Webb. You really cant go wrong.

 

Besides, who cares whether or not Willis is the best young pitcher in the game? We stole him from the Cubs, well, it cost us Clement and AA - but that could be a solid trade off. Just as long as Willis keeps pitching well, I will be happy. BUt I tell you, I would rather Willis' personality/fighter mentality over any of these guys.

:confused ....Is that you SportsCenter?

Its odom in disguise!

Its odom in disguise!

Good call J...he talks the same and has the same autographed cards for his sig. HAHA YOU LOSE ODOR!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.