Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buster Olney on Sportscenter

Featured Replies

SC host: ~ The Marlins are actively shopping A.J. Burnett. Are they sellers?

 

Olney: ~ Absolutly not. They are buyers. That is why they are demanding Lowell be part of any deal. They'll move Cabrera to third base and use the increased payroll flexibility to make another move for a pitcher.

Griffey isn't going anywhere, not with his no-trade clause and that huge salary. I don't see any team that would pick him up right now. MAYBE the Yankees, since they don't seem to have any good options in centerfield. However, I would think that they are more worried about their battered rotation, considering the fact that they are starting ex-Marlin Aaron Small.

I still think Beinfest has his eyes on Affeldt and Stairs.

867576[/snapback]

 

And that's called strengthening?

3 guys I think the Marlins should make a serious run at as far as OF goes.

 

Dunn- Cost us an arm and a leg to get, got the most power of the three but K's way more then I really like. With him if the ball doesn't go 500 feet he isn't getting past first.

 

Huff- He's crappy cause he misses Rocco, so let's give him Pierre, Castillo, Delgado, and Miguel. Pretty nice company right there and I always like this guys playing style.

 

Raul Ibanez- Got the best stats of the three and might be the easiest to obtain. .293/12/50/.357/.460 Little older then the Marlins usually go for at 33 but still a solid guy.

 

 

If anyone else has some ideas throw them out...

Who's out there? Griffey? I don't think Dunn's available (I read the Reds are asking for way too much).

867476[/snapback]

The Reds sure do want too much for Dunn, they told the Orioles the asking price started with Erik Bedard.

3 guys I think the Marlins should make a serious run at as far as OF goes.

 

Dunn- Cost us an arm and a leg to get, got the most power of the three but K's way more then I really like. With him if the ball doesn't go 500 feet he isn't getting past first.

 

Huff- He's crappy cause he misses Rocco, so let's give him Pierre, Castillo, Delgado, and Miguel. Pretty nice company right there and I always like this guys playing style.

 

Raul Ibanez- Got the best stats of the three and might be the easiest to obtain. .293/12/50/.357/.460 Little older then the Marlins usually go for at 33 but still a solid guy.

 

 

If anyone else has some ideas throw them out...

867584[/snapback]

 

Huff is a bad outfielder, and his #'s might not be as good here since he is a lefty. Add on to that he is expensive and an average outfielder at best, we can do better.

3 guys I think the Marlins should make a serious run at as far as OF goes.

 

Dunn- Cost us an arm and a leg to get, got the most power of the three but K's way more then I really like. With him if the ball doesn't go 500 feet he isn't getting past first.

 

Huff- He's crappy cause he misses Rocco, so let's give him Pierre, Castillo, Delgado, and Miguel. Pretty nice company right there and I always like this guys playing style.

 

Raul Ibanez- Got the best stats of the three and might be the easiest to obtain. .293/12/50/.357/.460 Little older then the Marlins usually go for at 33 but still a solid guy.

 

 

If anyone else has some ideas throw them out...

867584[/snapback]

 

Huff is a bad outfielder, and his #'s might not be as good here since he is a lefty. Add on to that he is expensive and an average outfielder at best, we can do better.

867619[/snapback]

 

Oh he's alot better then an average outfielder offensivly, and he sure can't be any worse then Miguel on defense. A .290 career hitter even with this horrible season this year. 3 previous years he's belted 23, 34, 29 homeruns and driven in over a hundred runs the past two seasons on that crappy TB team.

 

I agree his numbers will dwindle down here and he is expensive, but if Lowell goes and we get Huff we're still 4 million below where we are now. It's a risk yes, but he comes cheaper then Dunn and in my opinion is alot more solid hitter. Course as said I'd still shoot for Ibanez over either of these two if we want to really win now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.