Buster Olney on Sportscenter

rferry

SC host: ~ The Marlins are actively shopping A.J. Burnett. Are they sellers?

Olney: ~ Absolutly not. They are buyers. That is why they are demanding Lowell be part of any deal. They'll move Cabrera to third base and use the increased payroll flexibility to make another move for a pitcher.

Griffey isn't going anywhere, not with his no-trade clause and that huge salary. I don't see any team that would pick him up right now. MAYBE the Yankees, since they don't seem to have any good options in centerfield. However, I would think that they are more worried about their battered rotation, considering the fact that they are starting ex-Marlin Aaron Small.

3 guys I think the Marlins should make a serious run at as far as OF goes.

Dunn- Cost us an arm and a leg to get, got the most power of the three but K's way more then I really like. With him if the ball doesn't go 500 feet he isn't getting past first.

Huff- He's crappy cause he misses Rocco, so let's give him Pierre, Castillo, Delgado, and Miguel. Pretty nice company right there and I always like this guys playing style.

Raul Ibanez- Got the best stats of the three and might be the easiest to obtain. .293/12/50/.357/.460 Little older then the Marlins usually go for at 33 but still a solid guy.

If anyone else has some ideas throw them out...

Dunn- Cost us an arm and a leg to get, got the most power of the three but K's way more then I really like. With him if the ball doesn't go 500 feet he isn't getting past first.

Huff- He's crappy cause he misses Rocco, so let's give him Pierre, Castillo, Delgado, and Miguel. Pretty nice company right there and I always like this guys playing style.

Raul Ibanez- Got the best stats of the three and might be the easiest to obtain. .293/12/50/.357/.460 Little older then the Marlins usually go for at 33 but still a solid guy.

867584[/snapback]

Huff is a bad outfielder, and his #'s might not be as good here since he is a lefty. Add on to that he is expensive and an average outfielder at best, we can do better.

867584[/snapback]

Huff is a bad outfielder, and his #'s might not be as good here since he is a lefty. Add on to that he is expensive and an average outfielder at best, we can do better.

867619[/snapback]

Oh he's alot better then an average outfielder offensivly, and he sure can't be any worse then Miguel on defense. A .290 career hitter even with this horrible season this year. 3 previous years he's belted 23, 34, 29 homeruns and driven in over a hundred runs the past two seasons on that crappy TB team.

I agree his numbers will dwindle down here and he is expensive, but if Lowell goes and we get Huff we're still 4 million below where we are now. It's a risk yes, but he comes cheaper then Dunn and in my opinion is alot more solid hitter. Course as said I'd still shoot for Ibanez over either of these two if we want to really win now.