Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darcy Hordichuk Traded for 4th Round DP

Featured Replies

There are alot of tough guys who are FA's, so they better pick someone up. I like Hordi, so we will see who he is replaced with.

They already signed Eric Cairns before the lockout began -- I don't know if their plan is to move him up front and play him on the wing or keep him as a defender -- but he's a guy whos a true heavyweight while Darcy really wasn't.

 

Good luck in Nashville Darcy -- I loved watching the guy play -- but with the crack down on calls guys like Hordi will probably become more of a detriment than anything else. Keeping both (Hordichuk and Cairns) just wasn't a possibility anymore.

They already signed Eric Cairns before the lockout began -- I don't know if their plan is to move him up front and play him on the wing or keep him as a defender -- but he's a guy whos a true heavyweight while Darcy really wasn't.

 

Good luck in Nashville Darcy -- I loved watching the guy play -- but with the crack down on calls guys like Hordi will probably become more of a detriment than anything else. Keeping both (Hordichuk and Cairns) just wasn't a possibility anymore.877414[/snapback]

 

 

I dont agree with that. I think the Panthers will go out and get another tough guy. Cairns is a heavyweight, but he also plays defense so we dont want him to do all the fighting.

 

I think Laroque is an FA and I would love to have him.

Last I heard, he's in jail.

877123[/snapback]

 

LOL, no way. Just a few months ago he had a youth hockey clinic at Glacier ice arena.

Last I heard, he's in jail.

877123[/snapback]

 

LOL, no way. Just a few months ago he had a youth hockey clinic at Glacier ice arena.

877830[/snapback]

 

Ya he got arrested again in canada for assulting someone

  • Author

Oh yeah, I got mentioned on Spectorshockey.net. :mischief

 

THE FT. LAUDERDALE SUN-SENTINEL YESTERDAY REPORTED THE FLORIDA PANTHERS DEALT LEFT WING DARCY HORDICHUK TO THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS IN EXCHANGE FOR A FOURTH ROUND PICK IN THIS WEEKEND'S DRAFT.

 

Spector's Note: My thanks to "Panthersfan27" for sending this in. OK, so it's not a big trade, but it's the first official one since the CBA was implemented and the lockout ended. Could it be the start of many more between now and October? We'll see...

 

 

 

:ramp

They already signed Eric Cairns before the lockout began -- I don't know if their plan is to move him up front and play him on the wing or keep him as a defender -- but he's a guy whos a true heavyweight while Darcy really wasn't.

 

Good luck in Nashville Darcy -- I loved watching the guy play -- but with the crack down on calls guys like Hordi will probably become more of a detriment than anything else. Keeping both (Hordichuk and Cairns) just wasn't a possibility anymore.877414[/snapback]

 

 

I dont agree with that. I think the Panthers will go out and get another tough guy. Cairns is a heavyweight, but he also plays defense so we dont want him to do all the fighting.

 

I think Laroque is an FA and I would love to have him.

877725[/snapback]

 

Maybe someone like Darren McCarty -- but I seriously doubt they go after another guy whos sole purpose is fighting. With the rule changes you're going to see the "enforcer" slowly die out -- Laraque would be a complete waste of money.

 

McCarty can produce in other areas, though, so I would not be opposed to his acquisition.

They already signed Eric Cairns before the lockout began -- I don't know if their plan is to move him up front and play him on the wing or keep him as a defender -- but he's a guy whos a true heavyweight while Darcy really wasn't.

 

Good luck in Nashville Darcy -- I loved watching the guy play -- but with the crack down on calls guys like Hordi will probably become more of a detriment than anything else. Keeping both (Hordichuk and Cairns) just wasn't a possibility anymore.877414[/snapback]

 

 

I dont agree with that. I think the Panthers will go out and get another tough guy. Cairns is a heavyweight, but he also plays defense so we dont want him to do all the fighting.

 

I think Laroque is an FA and I would love to have him.

877725[/snapback]

 

 

Maybe someone like Darren McCarty -- but I seriously doubt they go after another guy whos sole purpose is fighting. With the rule changes you're going to see the "enforcer" slowly die out -- Laraque would be a complete waste of money.

 

McCarty can produce in other areas, though, so I would not be opposed to his acquisition.

878153[/snapback]

 

I dont know if I agree with that either, but thats ok. I would love having Brashear who has skills and can definetly fight. Teams still will carry enforcers. The only rule that will hinder them will be the instigation in the last 5 min of a game. Unless the game is out of hand, enforcers dont play in those 5 min.

 

Just say you were Keenan, why wouldnt you trade away Hordichuck for a draft pick, if there will be many players just like him available come august 1st.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.