New wrinkle in the Raffy story

knglover

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2123596

Palmeiro pledges 'full cooperation'

Rafael Palmeiro has agreed to release information about his failed drug test to Congress, including the results, dates of the tests and other relevant details.

The Baltimore Orioles slugger tested positive for the powerful steroid stanozonol, a person with knowledge of the sport's drug-testing program told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday. The person did not want to be identified because the sport prohibits disclosure about test results without authorization.

Government Reform Committee chairman Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican, and ranking Democrat Henry Waxman of California issued a statement Wednesday saying Palmeiro has "pledged his full cooperation" with their inquiry.

"The Government Reform Committee today is requesting from Major League Baseball documents related to Rafael Palmeiro's suspension for a positive steroids test. The Committee is seeking the results of the drug tests, the date of the tests, and other relevant information," the Davis-Waxman statement said.

"He has agreed to authorize the release of all relevant documents to the committee, which will help us fully understand the facts of the situation. Once we review the documents, we will determine our next step."

In confirming that he would cooperate with the committee, Palmeiro said that if it has any additional questions, "I am ready and willing to answer each and every one of them."

Something just doesn't seem right here. what is he trying to proove? He was caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar and he wants to go into the lion's den and talk about it. It doesn't make any sense. Is he going to claim a false possitive or faulty testing procedures?

Oh and BTW I said yesterday that I would vote him in the Hall if I had a Vote. Well put me in the category of undecided now that we know what he failed with. It frosts my ass that he failed the test in May and we are just hearing about it now. WHY? ITS INEXCUSABLE TO WITH HOLD INFO LIKE THAT!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2123596

Palmeiro pledges 'full cooperation'

Rafael Palmeiro has agreed to release information about his failed drug test to Congress, including the results, dates of the tests and other relevant details.

The Baltimore Orioles slugger tested positive for the powerful steroid stanozonol, a person with knowledge of the sport's drug-testing program told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday. The person did not want to be identified because the sport prohibits disclosure about test results without authorization.

Government Reform Committee chairman Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican, and ranking Democrat Henry Waxman of California issued a statement Wednesday saying Palmeiro has "pledged his full cooperation" with their inquiry.

"The Government Reform Committee today is requesting from Major League Baseball documents related to Rafael Palmeiro's suspension for a positive steroids test. The Committee is seeking the results of the drug tests, the date of the tests, and other relevant information," the Davis-Waxman statement said.

"He has agreed to authorize the release of all relevant documents to the committee, which will help us fully understand the facts of the situation. Once we review the documents, we will determine our next step."

In confirming that he would cooperate with the committee, Palmeiro said that if it has any additional questions, "I am ready and willing to answer each and every one of them."

Something just doesn't seem right here. what is he trying to proove? He was caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar and he wants to go into the lion's den and talk about it. It doesn't make any sense. Is he going to claim a false possitive or faulty testing procedures?

Oh and BTW I said yesterday that I would vote him in the Hall if I had a Vote. Well put me in the category of undecided now that we know what he failed with. It frosts my ass that he failed the test in May and we are just hearing about it now. WHY? ITS INEXCUSABLE TO WITH HOLD INFO LIKE THAT!

887165[/snapback]

OH Sh**. this is a major development. This is not him trying to prove anything. Didn't take any time for Congress to get involved. Basically the Congress is giving him the choice to cooperate 100% and provide all info, or face potential perjury charges.

BAD BAD for MLB. Congress is steping in and diging further. WOW

Next step? Potential Perjury Charges? Palmeiro is in deep deep sh**

I don't think he can face perjury charges because he failed the test after Congress thing so in his defense all he would have to say is he didn't start taking whatever he was until after that making his testimony at the time the 'turth'

I could be wrong though. Thats how I understand it though

I don't think he can face perjury charges because he failed the test after Congress thing so in his defense all he would have to say is he didn't start taking whatever he was until after that making his testimony at the time the 'turth'

887179[/snapback]

I agree, it is probably though to prove perjury.

But on the other hand, you don't seat in front of Congress and point your finger at them the way Palmeiro did, fail a test and expect them to do nothing. They are probably pissed off that they were lied and they feel dis-respected. They will send a strong message that you don't F with the US Congress. If he doesn't cooperate, he probably be investigated and he will probably won't want that.

887179[/snapback]

As for the perjury things depends when the test was dated was it b4 or after he testified..has that info been released as of yet???

887179[/snapback]

As for the perjury things depends when the test was dated was it b4 or after he testified..has that info been released as of yet???

887277[/snapback]

he tested positive in May. and I don't think the intent of the Congress is to charge him with perjury, but they will use it as motivator for Raffy to cooperate.

No matter what, the Congress can make his life miserable. He is following his lawyer's advice to cooperate and don't mess with the US Government. They can launch a full force investigation and get to the source providing the steroids to Raffy.