NFL Mock Draft ( a first for you all)

Fishfan79

1. Green Bay-Reggie Bush RB USC - Yes they need defense but he is the best pure talent and playmaker. Both of their backs are FA and coming off of major injuries.

2. Houston-D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT Virginia - The franchise needs an offensive line, well here is one. He is said to be better then Orlando Pace out of college.

3. Arizona-Matt Leinart QB USC ? Mister Heisman will be Green?s new Culpepper.

4. New Orleans-A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio St. ? He is scary good and would be a great addition to N.O. linebacker core. He can play Inside or outside really 4-3, 3-4. He can cover receivers and do anything, could have been first over all to GB too.

5. New York J.- DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis - Welcome to the new Martin for the Jets. In the meantime he can also help out being eased in for a year before the HoF retires

6. Baltimore- Haloti Ngata DT Oregon ? They are getting ran upon up the middle, this big stud is 340 pounds for a NT. He will plug the middle and make it Ray Lewis even better. Is that possible?

7. Tennessee- Mario Williams DE N.C State ? Speed, muscle, determination, all combine into Mario. He will be an elite DE in the league in no time. He compares to Freeney or JT. He will replace Van Bosch whom is a FA

8. San Francisco- Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech ? The only weakness within the SF defense really is their secondary. This could change as Peterson is a FA, and could then have a pick of Ryans, Brooks or Greenway instead. But for now he is the best CB, a top priority position.

9. Cleveland- Eric Winston OT Miami (FL) - Last year if he came out hurt he would of went this high. He will be an amazing player.

10. Detroit- Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College ? Another pass rushing beast, he should give Detriot that kick on defense that will help them out. Best news is it isnt a receiver finally

11. Miami - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin ? This kid has been racing up the draft boards. He might even go higher. But, I think he will land around here and Miami fits him well. This lets Carey move to guard, where he was best in college. It also gives stability at LT for a QB of the future (either via FA, Trade or 2nd-3rd-4th rounds of the draft). Could also trade back easily.

12. Buffalo- Rodrique Wright DT Texas - They need help up the middle after losing their DT to FA this year. Wright isnt as good as Ngata but he is a solid pick at this point and fits them well.

13. Minnesota- Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota ? It is time for Minn to get a real solid running back., Moore is great for a change of pace back. Maroney is a local boy to help get the fans in too doesn?t hurt.

14. Oakland- Demeco Ryans OLB Alabama ? Oakland traded away their best linebacker, Ryans is a beast and playmaker on defense. He has that attitude too which will help him fit in with the silver and black.

15. St. Louis- LaRon Landry S LSU ? LSU?s top tackler for 3 years now. He is a cover guy that can hit hard, stop the run, and can cover receivers with good speed. St. Louis needs the help.

16. New England- Santonio Holmes WR Ohio St. - The best receiver to fill into place with the Pats. They are losing Givens, branch, brown is old. They need an infusion and this kid is that indeed. He has great hands, size and speed. He will love brady tossing him the ball despite being a buckeye.

17. Philadelphia-Tamba Hali DE Penn St. ? A defensive end that has been rising up the charts, he will be a steal with all of the intangibles for Philly. He could be deadly for the future.

18. San Diego- Martin Nance WR Miami (OH) ? In college Nance has shown all of the intangibles for a top notch receiver. San Diego can use another big time weapon to go with Gates, Brees, and LT. He will be that third leg and SD will make the super bowl next year.

19. Chicago- Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA ? best tight end in the draft and a solid weapon for young orton

20. Tampa Bay- Jon Scott OT Texas ? He has dropped way down here and is a steal at the 20th pick. He fits well with Tampa back for BPA and need. Cadillac will enjoy running behind him.

21. Jacksonville- Tye Hill CB Clemson ? A solid corner to join their defense and give them that little kick they need to make the playoffs.

22. Kansas City- Derek Hagan WR Arizona St. ? A top notch receiver to help replenish the weapons on offense. They have few wants offensively but a wide out. And they have picked first round defense in the past few years.

23. Dallas- Ahmad Brooks ILB Virginia ? This ILB is a top 5 talent till he got hurt this year. This is a complete steal for the cowboys in this spot. I could also see them trading out of the round for an extra first next year.

24. Denver(Wash.)- Darnell Bing S USC ? I flipped a coin between bing and Manny Lawson. I went with bing, he is a great safety and they really could use another back there this year. They have few other wants and needs as a solid team.

25. Carolina- Chad Greenway OLB Iowa ? His draft stock has fallen some of late, according to what I have read. But, this kid has all the fundamentals to be a beast in the league. He could be amazing and be the steal of the draft.

26. Seattle- Abdul Hodge ILB Iowa ? A solid inside linebacker for a team that has few holes this year.

27. Cincinnati- Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee ? A little more help on the defensive line to help Thurman. Perhaps enough to give them the kick to get past Pittsburgh next year in the playoffs.

28. Pittsburgh- LenDale White RB USC ? Bettis is a goner after the year, Duce could hurt himself by sneezing. Parker kid is a solid change of pace back. White will come in with the tools of a bit crunching back and fit in well.

29. New York G.- charles Gordon CB Kansas- It might be a little bit of a stretch, but stretching for a CB is fine normally. I could also see them picking up Jennings from the U here (whom has been playing better and better). Gordon will give them that shut down corner that they are lacking.

30. Denver- Manny Lawson, DE North Carolina State ? He is a tweener of DE and OLB. I think despite that he would fit in well with rebuilt Denver Defensive line. Mostly because he a great pass rusher.

31. Atlanta- Michael Huff CB/S Texas ? Their biggest flaw on defense is someone to sit opposite of hall. Huff is a punishing player and loves to stop that rush. He will be very useful for them for a time to come.

32. Indianapolis- Demetrius Williams, WR Oregon - They take a gander on another Wide out, They have to resign Edge and that means no cash for Wayne. The boy from the U hits the road and Demetrius gets to work with the best QB in the league.

Some players didn?t come out like Hester, Quinn and Young. But most of them are within the draft. Your thoughts all? It is my first mock and it is very early still over it too. I took a power rankings and just went off of them modifying Atlanta up to be an NFC champion. Please give me suggestions, just remember it is my first okay? �

Also if I get enough requests I will make a 2nd round and include trades too.

yet, what are you thoughts on the picks. the orders can be updated as we go easily. I am looking for feedback from others upon needs and thoughts for favorite teams. I have alot of general knowledge of 90% of teams out there but not precise knowledge on alot of teams. :)

I would love to hear things from folks, good and bad.

I'm not sure about the order of your mock draft but it's pretty well done.

I'd love if Lewis fell to the Bears.. I think him or Leonard Pope to the Bears is probably given. I think if Lewis falls to us, the Bears will take him and Pope will go the Jags.

The TE position is somewhat stacked this year so I'd love if the Bears waited to take a TE and took Greenway and put him next to Urlacher and Briggs.. *dreams* - But I also think Greenway goes to the Raiders.

Hawk to the Saints is about as given as there is.

Maroney to the Vikings seems like a good fit.. but I also think Maroney will be the 2nd RB taken behind Bush.

Anyone think the Eagles take Hagen or Nance?

Miami will trade for Mr. Rivers.

I'd rather we went for a shutdown CB than an OL at this point. Hudson Houck is working miracles with this OL. I expect us to take some OL in the later rounds to sure up the OL and push the starters.

yet, what are you thoughts on the picks. the orders can be updated as we go easily. I am looking for feedback from others upon needs and thoughts for favorite teams. I have alot of general knowledge of 90% of teams out there but not precise knowledge on alot of teams. :)

Pretty good overall. I doubt Nance goes round 1, let alone the middle of the round. I also think VY will declare despite what he is saying now, but that is neither here no there.

I am not sure about Tye Hill in round one either. Ahmad Brooks prob wont declare after the microfracture and injuries this year. He was a lock to go top 3-5 before the year and has been called the next LT and best LB to come out since Arrington but has had a really terrible overall year. I would assume he goes back to try and get the stock back up.

I like the Williams over Maroney pick. I think Maroney as of today would be the 2nd back behind Bush selected, but a gut feeling says Williams pulls a Caddy and LT (a player he also reminds me of) and goes to the senior bowl and elevates himself behind Bush.

I am also not sure about Manny Lawson in round one. He is too much of a tweener and will prob need to play in a 3-4 scheme although he has great measurables and will be a combine warrior.

If Vernon Davis declares, which he prob will, he will challenge Lewis for the top TE taken and the Bears will closely look at him. He has all the measurables and skills to really rise in the draft too. 4.41/40, benches 465 and squats 685.

Overall, pretty solid mock for this time of the year and if thats all the criticism one can give right now, then you have done a good job since mocks are so closely nit picked.

I'd rather we went for a shutdown CB than an OL at this point. Hudson Houck is working miracles with this OL. I expect us to take some OL in the later rounds to sure up the OL and push the starters.

If we have a shot at Leinart, VY or Quinn (highly unlikely he declares) I think Miami will draft one of them. If not, I do also expect to trade our pick for Rivers which might be a good move. Def a boom or bust type deal.

However, after watching Jay Cutler, I am on the bandwagon. He reminds me very much of a #4 up in GB with the strong arm and gunslinger mentality.

I would be furious if the Dolphins traded up to get Leinart. I don't like his arm strength, I think he's too arrogant (not in the good Brett Favre/Jay Cutler way) and I don't want ownership to have to dole out another $50 million contract to someone that's unproven. Especially at a position with a tiny margin of error. I highly doubt Vince or Brady leaves early because Texas guys NEVER leave early and I think Brady makes a Heisman/NC run next year which will force him to stick around. Anyway, I'm definitely on the Jay Cutler bandwagon, however, I have no clue where this guy goes in the draft, but I'm assuming mid-late 1st depending on what teams end up where.

Pretty good overall. I doubt Nance goes round 1, let alone the middle of the round. I also think VY will declare despite what he is saying now, but that is neither here no there.

I am not sure about Tye Hill in round one either. Ahmad Brooks prob wont declare after the microfracture and injuries this year. He was a lock to go top 3-5 before the year and has been called the next LT and best LB to come out since Arrington but has had a really terrible overall year. I would assume he goes back to try and get the stock back up.

I like the Williams over Maroney pick. I think Maroney as of today would be the 2nd back behind Bush selected, but a gut feeling says Williams pulls a Caddy and LT (a player he also reminds me of) and goes to the senior bowl and elevates himself behind Bush.

I am also not sure about Manny Lawson in round one. He is too much of a tweener and will prob need to play in a 3-4 scheme although he has great measurables and will be a combine warrior.

If Vernon Davis declares, which he prob will, he will challenge Lewis for the top TE taken and the Bears will closely look at him. He has all the measurables and skills to really rise in the draft too. 4.41/40, benches 465 and squats 685.

Overall, pretty solid mock for this time of the year and if thats all the criticism one can give right now, then you have done a good job since mocks are so closely nit picked.

If we have a shot at Leinart, VY or Quinn (highly unlikely he declares) I think Miami will draft one of them. If not, I do also expect to trade our pick for Rivers which might be a good move. Def a boom or bust type deal.

However, after watching Jay Cutler, I am on the bandwagon. He reminds me very much of a #4 up in GB with the strong arm and gunslinger mentality.

Here is my thoughts back :) Thank you all for the posts I will try to answer all and please keep them coming. It is early but, I figure might a well start to figure it all out as much as possible now.

First for Miami, I figured in the 2nd they could get Culter or Bruce Grabowski. He should be sitting around an early second round pick. Hence the miami trading back.

I didnt put any trades in here, but I could see Miami Trading their first for Rivers and 3rd or 4th round pick. His value is a little bit more a 2nd rounder but not really a lower end first. When I do trades and expand to a 2nd and perhaps 3rd round I could add him in.

Nance, I considered dropping back towards where the steelers are. He is worth a late 1st or middle second range I think. But he was with Big Ben in college so he is a perfect fit and Antrel Randel El is a FA. But would they take him or White?

For Williams and Maroney, I think Williams will have a big jump in the combine. (never know just a gut feeling).

Lawson, I was considering bobby carpenter there also Giles (OG/OT). But Denver doesnt draft first round offensive linemen.

Folks I dont think are coming out, Are Hester (he cant start at UM right now), Quinn, Young, Jacobs, Davis.

Any suggestions upon the Hill pick?

Please send up more info all, I welcome it hugely :)

I sorta agree, but I dont also.

Right now Carey in that last game got beat alot. McIntosh might as well of been a revolving door when it came to stopping seymour. He killed us on the run.

We have 2 big holes there to fill up with talent on the Offensive line, either a Center or a Left Tackle.

McIntosh can move to RT, Carey to LG and Hadnought at RG. Carey is a better inside beast instead of an outside player. Thomas gives you a wall on the left side to keep back anyone and anything that might come.

None of the corners in this draft really are as stand out as the last few drafts. Really they are all around the same range I think. From Allen (injuries) to Jennings (3rd rounder perhaps).

Here is my Miami Dolphins draft if I could.

1st Haloti Ngata DT (NT) - Replaces Traylor and is a 340lb block in the middle to protect Crowder and Thomas.

2nd Jay Cutler (QB) - I was hoping he would stay quiet and last to the third round, but it seems he wont now.

3rd Greg Eslinger C - Might be Degory instead but both are All pro type centers

4th Daryn Colledge OT - slipped some but I have seen him about the third on alot of draft boards. I would be thrilled to get him here but really doubt it.

5th Dont have one

6th Dont have one

7th BPA

7th BPA

7th BPA

We might get a compensation picks this time. But I am not positive.

I would also see us signing with our 28 million cap space a few folks if I could choose.

Nate Clements CB Buff

J Peterson LB SF

R Wayne WR Indy from tha U

But that is my dream draft :) I doubt Ngata falls to us or eslinger is there.

all in all pretty good .. i wouldn't be shocked to see seattle go CB though (or DL)

the team is very happy with their second round draft pick ILB Lofa Tatupu and baring anything crazy, he will be starting again next year

OLB could be a question as they are having DD Lewis and LeRoy Hill battle out for the starting spot opposite jamie sharper (who is injured and wasn't all that impressive before that) ... i wouldn't be shocked if they tried to upgrade here as well

all in all pretty good .. i wouldn't be shocked to see seattle go CB though (or DL)

the team is very happy with their second round draft pick ILB Lofa Tatupu and baring anything crazy, he will be starting again next year

OLB could be a question as they are having DD Lewis and LeRoy Hill battle out for the starting spot opposite jamie sharper (who is injured and wasn't all that impressive before that) ... i wouldn't be shocked if they tried to upgrade here as well

I didnt even think of Tatupu, I should of. thank you for pointing him out. I think I will flip Hodges to Denver and give an outside linebacker like Carpenter or Lawson. Or look for a viable CB.

Line can't be fixed by adding one player, depending on who you listen to we either have the worst tackles in the league or a better line than we've had in the past 4 year...so even if there is the chance to add a top tackle, it'd be a waste.

Plus, this is an interesting draft because every team that figures to be picking ahead of us (since I think we'll be picking 6th or 7th) has a quarterback they're financially bound to or a quarterback of the future...add to that the Chargers two headed "problem" and I think this is about the only chance the Dolphins will have to add a franchise QB...plus, I think Young will go pro because, well, the chance to be a top-3 pick and the top QB taken is too lucrative to pass up.