Bob Norman's Proposal for a FT Lauderdale Stadium

marlinslhp

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Nice article, but Hugg's right. Every good point is negated by the fact that the writer couldn't get the date of our World Series championship correct.

That was a terrific article, typos happen. No fan in sports has been more abused than the Marlin's fans. I don't care where they build a stadium I just want the Marlins to stay, but I really think new ownership is the only way that is happening. I doubt Selig and MLB will force Loria to sell even though he has no right owning a team. There should be a financial basement to own a sports team, if there were we wouldn't be talking fire sale again, we'd be talking possible FA pick ups and World Series hopes. Remember Selig is an owner himself and he will always side with ownership. :banghead

That was a terrific article, typos happen. No fan in sports has been more abused than the Marlin's fans. I don't care where they build a stadium I just want the Marlins to stay, but I really think new ownership is the only way that is happening. I doubt Selig and MLB will force Loria to sell even though he has no right owning a team. There should be a financial basement to own a sports team, if there were we wouldn't be talking fire sale again, we'd be talking possible FA pick ups and World Series hopes. Remember Selig is an owner himself and he will always side with ownership. :banghead

How many owners would operate in a market that loses money constantly and still bring in more FAs......none.

Just say the Marlins get a stadium. If Loria one day wants to give the team up for sale does the stadium still belong to him or the Marlisn Organization.

There is no situation that I'm aware of where Loria will actually own any stadium that's built for the Marlins. So to answer your question, the stadium will belong to the municipality that pays for it no matter who owns the Marlins.

Just say the Marlins get a stadium. If Loria one day wants to give the team up for sale does the stadium still belong to him or the Marlisn Organization.

There is no situation that I'm aware of where Loria will actually own any stadium that's built for the Marlins. So to answer your question, the stadium will belong to the municipality that pays for it no matter who owns the Marlins.

Ok cause I just wanted to know if Loria could do wat Huizinga did with the Marlins.