NFL in Miami exciting??

Lefty

Who the hell else is psyched about tomorrow's Miami/San Diego game? It's HUGE! This is the longest period of mediocrity that Fin fans have been through in a long, long, long time. How can Fin fans NOT be pumped about the chance of making the playoffs?

WELL, tomorrow is D-Day. If Miami wins and New England loses, we are just ONE game back with 3 to go and one left against NE. After tomorrow, MIA has two very winnable games at home against New York and then Tennessee.

GO BILLS! Beat those MOTHER F*CKERS.

How many god damn Dolphin's fans are there here, anyway? Show your f*cking support for a team that is on the edge of breaking through.

Get it done! Do it! I'll be watching tomorrow with as much anticipation and excitement than ever. I want this team to succeed and I think we can do it.

CHYAA

I can't believe we're one Ronnie Brown fumble and two stupid playcalls in the red zone from being 8-4.

But I'll take a 5-7 record right now after the way last year went.

The scenario of Miami winning and New England losing tomorrow is extremely unlikely. If it does happen, though, you can at least think about the playoffs.

I'm glad you're excited and all. We still have a chance. I'm looking forward more to next year (if we get a reasonable QB) in terms of playoffs and all that, but tomorrow should be a fun game if we can stay in it.

The scenario of Miami winning and New England losing tomorrow is extremely unlikely. If it does happen, though, you can at least think about the playoffs.

I'm glad you're excited and all. We still have a chance. I'm looking forward more to next year (if we get a reasonable QB) in terms of playoffs and all that, but tomorrow should be a fun game if we can stay in it.

Even if New England wins, as long as the Fins win they are still in it--but they'd have to lose to the JEts in NY on Dec 26...

And if they both lose, same deal.

This is their chance to redeem themselves for dumb mistakes. Honestly, if they keep the penalties down--they can win this.

Here is an interesting stat that is almost mind boggling to me:

Ladanian Tomlinson: 1172 yards, 4.5/carry

Brown/Williams: 1176, 4.44/carry

Miami's run offense is studly. It's one of the more underrated team aspects this year. People know those two are good, but to see the stats add up is extremely comforting. Ronnie is gong to break 1000 working part-time. That is impressive.

New England might lose to Buffalo. But there's no way you will beat SD.

Alright I wanna throw down on this. Fins are gonna win. What do we have to offer here.

New England might lose to Buffalo. But there's no way you will beat SD.

Alright I wanna throw down on this. Fins are gonna win. What do we have to offer here.

And it doesn't matter if the Fins lose. As long as New England loses, it's pretty much the same thing. If New England loses, that means the Fins can win their last three games and win the division....assuming the Pats also lose to Tampa in Tampa (probable) and Miami in New England (the kicker)

Without Moulds, Sam Aiken and Roscoe Parrish are gonna have to step up big time if the Bills want to have a chance versus the Pats.

Hopefully it happens, though not for the 'Fins sake (I'm rooting for them to lose the rest of their games, even though I know that won't happen).

Why do you want Miami to lose the rest of their games?

Without Moulds, Sam Aiken and Roscoe Parrish are gonna have to step up big time if the Bills want to have a chance versus the Pats.

Hopefully it happens, though not for the 'Fins sake (I'm rooting for them to lose the rest of their games, even though I know that won't happen).

Why do you want Miami to lose the rest of their games?

Because we're archrivals.

Yeah, I'm a Bills diehard.

I root for the Bills at all costs, and root against the 'Fins at all costs, though I'd rather see the Bills win than the 'Fins lose (if that makes sense).

I hate the Pats, but living in SoFla for most of my life has made me hate the 'Fins more than N.E. or even the Jets.

I understand people in this region hating the Bills - rivalries work both ways. If I were a 'Fins diehard, I'd hate the Bills as much as any other AFC East team.

I root for the Bills at all costs, and root against the 'Fins at all costs, though I'd rather see the Bills win than the 'Fins lose (if that makes sense).

I hate the Pats, but living in SoFla for most of my life has made me hate the 'Fins more than N.E. or even the Jets.

I understand people in this region hating the Bills - rivalries work both ways. If I were a 'Fins diehard, I'd hate the Bills as much as any other AFC East team.

Actually, as strange as it sounds, Jets and Pats heavily outweigh Bills in terms of rivalry...Oh sure there's still tension between Bills/Fins, but I don't think anything can beat Fins/Jets, in addition to Pats/Fins

Actually, as strange as it sounds, Jets and Pats heavily outweigh Bills in terms of rivalry...Oh sure there's still tension between Bills/Fins, but I don't think anything can beat Fins/Jets, in addition to Pats/Fins

Yeah, from what I've understood, the 'Fins/Jets has been the big rivarly, with the Pats/'Fins second and the Bills/'Fins 2A, though it's largely dependent on which team is successful at the moment. For example, when I was a little tike (7-13 years old), the Bills-'Fins rivalry was huge, because they were competing for the AFC East title every year in the Kelly-Marino era. Even after Kelly retired, the momentary lapse resulted in a brief Buffalo resurgance led by Flutie that challenged the King 'Fins strongly every year. As a result, I grew to hate the Dolphins (though attending heated Dolphins-Bills games every year as a Bills fan and being subject to the same obuse that occurs in other stadiums contributed). My friends in South Florida also being all Dolphins fans who thus rooted agains the Bills at every opportunity absolutely contributed to my detest of the Dolphin franchise.

Had the Bills sucked in my childhood (as they do now, unfortunately :plain ), I might not have the same detest for the 'Fins as I do today. From my perspective, the Fins-Jets rivarly is strongest, and the Fins-Pats or Fins-Bills depends largely on which team is better and thus a bigger threat to the 'Fins. Strictly my perspective though.

Yeah, from what I've understood, the 'Fins/Jets has been the big rivarly, with the Pats/'Fins second and the Bills/'Fins 2A, though it's largely dependent on which team is successful at the moment. For example, when I was a little tike (7-13 years old), the Bills-'Fins rivalry was huge, because they were competing for the AFC East title every year in the Kelly-Marino era. Even after Kelly retired, the momentary lapse resulted in a brief Buffalo resurgance led by Flutie that challenged the King 'Fins strongly every year. As a result, I grew to hate the Dolphins (though attending heated Dolphins-Bills games every year as a Bills fan and being subject to the same obuse that occurs in other stadiums contributed). My friends in South Florida also being all Dolphins fans who thus rooted agains the Bills at every opportunity absolutely contributed to my detest of the Dolphin franchise.

Had the Bills sucked in my childhood (as they do now, unfortunately :plain ), I might not have the same detest for the 'Fins as I do today. From my perspective, the Fins-Jets rivarly is strongest, and the Fins-Pats or Fins-Bills depends largely on which team is better and thus a bigger threat to the 'Fins. Strictly my perspective though.

Ya I agree with that. For instance, Pats are a bigger rivalry now because of the past few years (before last year) when we were fighitng for the division...ESPECIALLY that horrid final game of the season in 2002 in which the Pats kicked us out of the playoff picture.

Ya I agree with that. For instance, Pats are a bigger rivalry now because of the past few years (before last year) when we were fighitng for the division...ESPECIALLY that horrid final game of the season in 2002 in which the Pats kicked us out of the playoff picture.

Yep exactly - current success largely determines resentment towards another team. It's been hard to drum up the same hate for the Dolphins when all we're really fighting for is 3rd place. It's much easier to hate the 1st place Pats than the 3rd-4th place 'Fins, even though I honestly hate the Dolphins more than any other franchise in the NFL.

On a side note, I was strongly rooting for the Pats in that '02 game - though that was probably mostly because of my past experiences with the Dolphins

The Dolphins playoff chances died when the Pats won last week if the Pats lose that game im raving about the Fins but I just think that win killed them

Not really. Nobody expected the Jets to come to Foxborough and win. Today is the big day. If the Pats win and fins lose, it's over. But even if the Pats win and we win, we're still in it.

They are playing much better. The only draw back of going 8-8 or 9-7 is that they would get a second place schedule next year which will mean (SD or KC and Pittsburgh) and a pick between 14-17.

In case anyone wanted to know opponents for next season

Dolphins

HOME

Buffalo

Jets

New England

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Green Bay

Minnesota

KC or SD depending on who finishes 2nd

AWAY

Buffalo

Jets

New England

Houston

Indianapolis

Chicago

Detroit

Pittsburgh (they most likely finish second)

Jets

HOME

Miami

Buffalo

New England

Houston

Indianapolis

Chicago

Detroit

Oakland

AWAY

Miami

Buffalo

New England

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Green Bay

Minnesota

Baltimore

JetsMania, where'd you find the opponents for next season? I'd like to look up the Bills opponents, just to see who is home and who is away.

BTW, it looks like that final game of the season might determine who finishes last in the division, though I don't know the tiebreaker situation between the two right now

Dam thats right since jets won today they are only one behind you. Hopefully buffalo stays ahead of the jets.

If Bills lose to jets in the last game, then they would both be 4-12. The Jets have a worse conference record (division and head to head would be the same), so I believe the jets would finish worse than the bills.

Here is buffalo

HOME

Jets

Miami

New England

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Green Bay

Minnesota

Sd or KC

AWAY

Jets