C Paul Lo Duca (trade/NYM)

3B Mike Lowell (trade/BOS)

RHP Jim Mecir (retired)

RHP Guillermo Mota (trade/BOS)

OF Juan Pierre (trade/CHC)

RE-SIGNED

RHP Brian Moehler, OF Lenny Harris

REMAINING FREE AGENTS

RHP Antonio Alfonseca, OF Jeff Conine, 2B Damion Easley, OF Juan Encarnacion, SS Alex Gonzalez, INF Mike Mordecai, RHP Paul Quantrill, RHP Ismael Valdes

More on Marlins: Team page | Transactions

• 2 years later...

Not as bad as once seemed but considering I have heard of everyone on the list of who we have gotten rid of and only half of the players that we have added. It makes me smile knowing that some of those names we have added are just young.

I still have to say we have gotten rid of more talent than we have received, slightly.

man, i was just looking back and it said we could have traded willis for cano and wang. but beinfest said it wasnt enough. omg. imagine both of them beintg marlins

Beinfest has made a few missed opportunities but its all about chance. Who knows Wang and Cano could both being having different seasons if they were on the Marlins.

That being said I dont like this fact being brought up, it makes me sick.... arghhh!!! :confused

I think the Cabrera and Willis trade might actually favor us in the long run though, with Willis being injured and Cabrera doing well but not quite as well as he did when he was with the Marlins, we will have to see what Maybin does when he is called up hopefully soon.

cabrera probably still could have been traded for maybin/miller and like 2 other of the minor prospects

That is another gross posibility well each time Marlins management makes a move they seem to get a little bit better with what players they pick up lets hope the next move is big and by big I mean "young and talented" not "old and risky." I must also add its good for the Marlins to have the veteran Gonzo in there he has a pretty good eye and is someone I am sure the other younger players are watching he did win the World Series with the D-backs and I mean he literally won the world series with his bloop up the middle.

What is it with all the ancient post bumps recently?!

New members such as myself coming to the boards. Not knowing the topic has already been discussed. Mods should get on that.

The Marlins forum takes more of a Liberal approach rather than the more common Totalitarianism approach as alot of other teams do so I dont mind it.

man, i was just looking back and it said we could have traded willis for cano and wang. but beinfest said it wasnt enough. omg. imagine both of them beintg marlins

It wasn't just Beinfest, it was the whole Marlins fan nation too. Who would had predicted Willis will fall apart so badly. :/

Willis was consider a Ace during the time going to 2006 season. You can't hate Beinfest there, fans would had wanted his head off if he pull that trade back then.

Dude! I had totally forgotten that I posted this... I thought someone had stolen my login and password at first!

It's a close call, and a lot of pepole will think I'm crazy, but I think Hanley's the best player on that list right now. Beckett's a pretty close second.

Love what Scott Tyler and Travis Bowyer have done for us...

This is so dumb...

"Beinfest could've traded Willis for Wang and Cano."

Well, Willis was a lot better at the time...also, who took the chance on Dan Uggla in the Rule V Draft? Oh yeah, that's right...Admin Beinfest and his scouting crew.

...and guess what...if not for the fact, that Pokey Reese didn't want to play here, Uggla probably wouldn't have even gotten his chance.

Things happen.

Overall, Beinfest has done alright. It's amazing how some people bash the guy, at times, as if he's done horrible.

Dude! I had totally forgotten that I posted this... I thought someone had stolen my login and password at first!

It's a close call, and a lot of pepole will think I'm crazy, but I think Hanley's the best player on that list right now. Beckett's a pretty close second.

Love what Scott Tyler and Travis Bowyer have done for us...

and yet...the little Ricky Nolasco, Reynel Pinto, and Sergio Mitre from the Cubs for Juan Pierre (who's no longer even with the Cubs)...was a nice trade for us, no?

Looking at only the bad isn't exactly fair, if you're not going to look at the good.

This is so dumb...

Well, Willis was a lot better at the time...also, who took the chance on Dan Uggla in the Rule V Draft? Oh yeah, that's right...Admin Beinfest and his scouting crew.

...and guess what...if not for the fact, that Pokey Reese didn't want to play here, Uggla probably wouldn't have even gotten his chance.

Things happen.

Overall, Beinfest has done alright. It's amazing how some people bash the guy, at times, as if he's done horrible.

dude shut up. i never said he sucks for not doing this trade. i said just imagine what would happen.

It wasn't just Beinfest, it was the whole Marlins fan nation too. Who would had predicted Willis will fall apart so badly. :/

Willis was consider a Ace during the time going to 2006 season. You can't hate Beinfest there, fans would had wanted his head off if he pull that trade back then.

Im pretty sure you got this wrong...

IIRC, Beinfest was asking for Wang and Cano and Steinbrenner/Cashman balked because he felt that he was being asked for too much because it was the Yankees

This is so dumb...

Things happen.

dude shut up. i never said he sucks for not doing this trade. i said just imagine what would happen.

but if we were to continue doing this...it would go on, forever...

Imagine what would've happened if the Beckett to Texas for Hank Blalock rumors turned out to be true...thank God that didn't happen.

I mean, who knows if that was even true? We don't work in the front office, so all these rumors are just speculation.

This is so dumb...

Things happen.

but if we were to continue doing this...it would go on, forever...

Imagine what would've happened if the Beckett to Texas for Hank Blalock rumors turned out to be true...thank God that didn't happen.

I mean, who knows if that was even true? We don't work in the front office, so all these rumors are just speculation.

You're forgetting that fishies knows more about baseball and the Marlins than anybody here...

Im pretty sure you got this wrong...

IIRC, Beinfest was asking for Wang and Cano and Steinbrenner/Cashman balked because he felt that he was being asked for too much because it was the Yankees

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Al...6/msg05133.html

Yup, it was what I said, Beinfest told the Yankes Wang, Cano AND Cabrera for Willis and the Yanks balked... they would have also balked at an offer of Wang and Cano at the time too