Just an opinion....

mikesyourdaddy

This is something that most of you don't want to hear, but I will say it anyways. In MY opinion, the best thing this club could do is to MOVE to a city that would appreciate a team that wins. Sorry guys, but no retractable roof will save this team. As a Floridian, this would hurt me. But as a Marlins fan, this is the best for this team. Miami is not a baseball market. Mr. Loria put out some very good teams the last 3 years, and Miami did not care. They won't care unless it is game 1 of the NLCS.

I am rooting for S. Florida to keep the Marlins and average 30 thousand per game, but I know better than to believe that will happen. Rain does not keep fans away, banwagon fans do. The people on this website are not bandwagon fans, but you do know who i'm talking about. We seen them in 97 and in 03. People who just show up out of the blue and all of a sudden have been Marlins fan from the start.

Believe it or not, we have a good ownership that wants to win (I am sure that they have proved that already). Lets go Portland Hawks!!!!

A Stadium will save this team, the reason things haven't worked out for this franchise is because of the sh**y lease there stuck in and also fans that have about an hour drive to the stadium that do not show up because they think it's going to rain will have no excuse not to show up its we get the stadium with the roof....Lets get this deal done already someone important has to step up or Loria please sell this team that can get it done........that is all

The truth is, I don't care what is best for this team as an organization. I care because I am a fan of the Florida Marlins, and if they were to become the Law Vegas prostitutes or the Portland Joe Blows, they wouldn't be the team that I loved anymore. I wouldn't get the satisfaction of logging up MVP 2005 and busting out with the 93 teal throwbacks that I loved so much, etc. etc. I'm sorry, but as a fan I'm selfish and want the team to stay in Florida.

The Marlins can do very well if they do what every other successful business does as a common practice. Place the stadium in a fan friendly part of Miami. Say Downtown where we don't have to necessarily use only personal transportation. It's very friendly towards using public transportation. The possibility would probably convince local politicians because of the extra business that the city would get on the buses and Metrorail.

Just my opinion.

no thanks, the Florida marlins will do fine here....jump off the band wagon, let's go with the real fans..as for the band wagon fans thanks for giving us your money!!

You calling me a bandwagon fan? Look at the facts. The Miami Dolphins had blackouts in the playoffs TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!! Miami fans are bandwagon. I have been a diehard fan of the Marlins since I was 10. They could build a roof all they like, it won't matter. The Panthers have an excellent arena, very bad in attendance. Before Shaq, the Heat had a brand new arena, once again bottom half in attendance.

The BEST thing this franchise could do, in MY opinion, is move.

You don't fully comprehend the whole 'lease' aspect of this mess, do you?

Actaully, I do. I know all about it, just as much as you and the rest of us do.

no thanks, the Florida marlins will do fine here....jump off the band wagon, let's go with the real fans..as for the band wagon fans thanks for giving us your money!!

You calling me a bandwagon fan? Look at the facts. The Miami Dolphins had blackouts in the playoffs TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!! Miami fans are bandwagon. I have been a diehard fan of the Marlins since I was 10. They could build a roof all they like, it won't matter. The Panthers have an excellent arena, very bad in attendance. Before Shaq, the Heat had a brand new arena, once again bottom half in attendance.

The BEST thing this franchise could do, in MY opinion, is move.

You don't fully comprehend the whole 'lease' aspect of this mess, do you?

Actaully, I do. I know all about it, just as much as you and the rest of us do.

Then you should know how flawed your argument is the lease Samson even said that if the marlins drew 30K and didnt get a stadium this would still be happening the lease prevents the team from making money PERIOD can you name a good team not named the A's that has to share its stadium with the NFL that is successful year to year