VC's the MAN!

SonataArctica121

7.5 seconds to go . . .

Nets down by 2 in Toronto (102-104)

Nets drive for a miracle to the basket, 2 seconds left

Vince shoots and scores a 3-PT and MAKES IT

.1 seconds left in the game for the Raptors to come back, you probably know the end result :mischief

"105-104" - NETS now on a 10 game winning streak entering to face the Spurs! :lol

24 in the 4th quarter

Vince is playing his best ball ever.

And to do this in Toronto is pretty silly too.

:lol

the toronto fans have the best surprised face reactions, everyone in toronto looked like fish with opened mouths as the saw the shot just perfectly swish :p

I think Kidd was the most excited out of all the nets as he ran to the court to congradulate carter. He jumped on carter and his crotch rammed into carter's face :lol

he is playin amazing ball..... but a p***y how you gonna let somebody just slap you? and not do sh*t back to mo pete.....

and i heard they were friends? wtf?

Carter will always be soft, and he will always disapear in the playoffs he will neva make the big shot in the playoffs./ and he will get hurt eventually like my boy "Grant Hill"

he is playin amazing ball..... but a p***y how you gonna let somebody just slap you? and not do sh*t back to mo pete.....

and i heard they were friends? wtf?

Carter will always be soft, and he will always disapear in the playoffs he will neva make the big shot in the playoffs./ and he will get hurt eventually like my boy "Grant Hill"

What in the hell are you talking about? Carter slapped Peterson in the face, in a "just playing around" fashion, then Peterson slapped Carter back in the face, also in a "just playing around" fashion. Steve Javve turned around, saw just the second slap and gave Mo Pete a T, his second - in an unfortunate circumstance.

The Raptors got screwed on that one, but I guess the luck evened out, as Richard Jefferson had to leave the game 2 minutes in with back spasms.

Carter and Kidd have been playing MVP caliber ball lately.

he took 35 shots.

it sounds like this was more about him trying to put up as big a number as possible against toronto.

He was 18/35...Over 50% from the field...

Why wouldnt you shoot when you're that hot and you're the only offensive option other than Krstic (Jefferson was out for the game)?

Please, enlighten me, or just stop being ridiculous and looking for a negative from his outstanding performance.

he took 35 shots.

it sounds like this was more about him trying to put up as big a number as possible against toronto.

He was 18/35...Over 50% from the field...Precisely. It was a very good volume performance. A 51% shooting night is above average and he was justified in taking his shots.

That said, nine times out of ten, when a player not named Kobe puts up 40 points, it's either because the player had an unbelievable night shooting the ball or an unbelievable night getting to the line--and not because they took 35 shots and happened to make 51% of them.

I'm not knocking VC's performance--he had a very good night--but as far as non-Kobe 40-point performances go, this is probably the worst one you'll see in quite some time.

In fact, out of all the 40-point performances by players not named Kobe this season (24 total by my count), this one ranks #1 in most field goal attempts taken.

Yeah that was the second most shots Vince ever took in a game in his career and his first 30+fga game of the year. Was he ballhogging at times? Sure.

He started off real agressive with like 7 shots in the first 4 minutes (and his first two shots were airballs) and unlike the last few weeks he really wasn't getting to teh line at all. But instead of looking at the 42pts on 35 attempts what really was important was teh 24 pts on something like 13 attempts in teh 4th. Goign into the 4th he had scored 18pts without hitting a free throw and he kept shooting and willed the team back into the game with 12pts in the final 85 seconds

Edit:

A good way of thinking of it was he had a lousy first three quarters and a spectacular 4th. At the end his numbers weren't pretty: missing 17 shots looks real bad and by looking at teh boxscore it looked like he was really just throwing up garbage but not all of the 35 shots were fadeaways; a few were missed tip-ins and stuff (he did have like 10 or 11 boards) and you really had to watch the 4th quarter to see how well he played. And Jefferson played all of a minute in the game too :confused