McMichael Takes Shots at TO

Fishfan79

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

Quote:

Tight end says: 'I don't need a virus like that'

By Harvey Fialkov

Staff writer

A day after the Eagles gave agent Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade for expelled receiver Terrell Owens, one of his Dolphins' clients said N-O to T.O.

During a radio interview on 790 The Ticket (WAXY-AM) on Wednesday, Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael passionately voiced his opinion against adding the outspoken five-time Pro Bowl receiver to his tight-knit team.

"I don't need a guy like T.O. in the locker room," McMichael said.

"Because I don't need that virus like that. The guy destroyed two locker rooms already and it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

"The guy's a great football player and I'm sure he's a great person, but I just don't want him to mess up everything we built down here."

The Eagles suspended Owens, 32, twice last season for conduct detrimental to the team, once during summer camp for a week, then at midseason for four games.

Owens, who has five seasons remaining on a $49 million contract, was then placed on the inactive list for the remaining five games of the season.

Tight end signed

The Dolphins signed tight end Teyo Johnson, who worked out for the team on Dec. 13.

The Dolphins already have three tight ends in McMichael, Lorenzo Diamond and Alex Holmes.

At least he's not taking shots at his wife

:plain

/lame cheap shot

haha, I was going to say the same thing.

At least TO doesn't beat the crap out of his wife after a bad game. If there's one player in the NFL who has no room to talk, it's Randy 'wife beater' McMichael.

If I were Saban I'd fine both McMichael and Chambers. They don't work in the front office, that's not their job, don't undermine the coach like that.

Are you kidding me? It's a rumor that the Fins are interested. There's not even any concrete news from what I've seen. Fining them for voicing their opinion, especially one that's extremely common is A-OK with me.

As talented as TO is, I don't want to see him bastardize my team with bandwagoners and summarily destroy it and turn it on itself within a couple years.

If I were Saban I'd fine both McMichael and Chambers. They don't work in the front office, that's not their job, don't undermine the coach like that.

Are you kidding me? It's a rumor that the Fins are interested. There's not even any concrete news from what I've seen. Fining them for voicing their opinion, especially one that's extremely common is A-OK with me.

As talented as TO is, I don't want to see him bastardize my team with bandwagoners and summarily destroy it and turn it on itself within a couple years.

I will throw this question out there to be the devil's advocate:

How did TO really destroy the Eagles?

They went to a SB with him the 1st year. This year they were poor, but McNabb played hurt the entire time he was there and then missed a big portion of the season. They have nothing that remotely resembles a running game and this year for the first time in a long time, had a very porous defense. So did TO really destroy the Eagles, or was he merely the scapegoat?

Give me 90 for 1,500 and 10 TD a year anyday. I don't see how that can possibly make you worse, especially this year because if there is any year a team will have a chance of playing with a well behaved TO, this would be the year.

The fact is, the dude completely turned all the good will from his awesome Superbowl performance and pissed on his QB (who's way better than Frerotte/Rosenfels), begged for a new contract after signing a deal the year before, and he's stupid enough to let ESPN drive an even bigger division between him and the team. He's a complete ass.

If we could get TO and have him signed to a contract, I want a clause in there that he wears a muzzle from Monday through Saturday.

The contract he signed he was basically forced into without any ability to dictate his own terms or wants. His previous agent faxed in a player option to void his contract with the 49ers after the designated deadline causing him to remain under his previous contract and thus have no leverage in the re-negotiation of the old deal and was forced into a well below market deal with the Eagles initially. He was going to be due a sizable bonus after this year which everybody and their mother knew the Eagles would not allow him to get and would cut him. He stated if they would honor it and guarentee it, he would have no problems.

I am not trying to make excuses, he has acted like a jackass in going about his problems in the manner he has....however, it's funny how many people neglect large parts of the story when it comes to TO.

Apparently Saban's expressed interest in T.O., according to Rotoworld

Dolphins coach Nick Saban expressed interest in acquiring Terrell Owens.

After rehabbing Ricky Williams, Saban probably feels he can do anything. "Guys who have been proven playmakers in this league are all people we would be interested in ...I don't know this particular player well enough to make that determination right now, but it's something we might be interested in in the future," Saban said. Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael have already spoken out about not wanting Owens on the team. Jan. 18 - 9:25 am et

Source: Palm Beach Post