Live Free or Die Hard

El Guapo

Guest CrimsonCane

This song pretty much recaps the last 3 Die Hard movies and the trailer for the current one. Enjoy.

Don't think this has been posted yet.

I haven't seen the movie nor have I read any articles about this film, but my understanding about the use of the word "f***" in relationship to the MPAA rating system is this:

Currently, if the word "f***" is used in a feature film more than three times period, it will automatically receive an R rating. That is not to say that if you use that word three or even two times, the MPAA won't give a PG-13 rating. In those instances I'd imagine an appeal would be in order (which has been in the past).

However, the context and underlying meaning of the word "f***" in the film must be considered. If there is sexual connotation involved, even one "f***" supposedly will earn the film an R rating.

My guess is that the MPAA views the word "motherf***er" as being of sexual context, so any single usage of that word would warrant an R rating. My guess is that the distributor of this film thinks the extra money the film would potentially earn through the PG-13 rating (wider audience) outweighs loyalty to the franchise itself. Both parties are to blame: MPAA for its pseudo censorship and the distributors for making their target audience 15 year olds.

And I'm not one hundred percent positive on this. If someone could provide me with an example of a film rated PG-13 containing the word "motherf***er," I would be very interested in seeing it.

That's right. "Motherf***er" earns the R rating. And I thought it was anymore than 2 "f***s" used in a non-sexual fashion earned an R rating.

I don't blame em for going to PG-13 to get more money, but at the same time it isn't the same time that sucks haha.

Oh well catching this movie later this week...

I saw it today and liked it. Wasn't incredible but it was certainly worth the money. This movie has to be one of the best success stories this year. It's been a success in the eys of the critics and the general fanbase and it's going to make money when I was sure it was going to be a bomb about two months ago.

They did a really good job cross promoting the movie with other brands.

BTW, for anyone interested in a good anti MPAA movie check out the documentary "This film is not yet rated..." My favorite of doc of last year.

• 4 months later...