Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dish Network or Direct TV?

Featured Replies

Do they both carry MLB extra innings and other sports such as basketball and football? If so which one is cheaper and which one presents less problems?

  • Author

If I wanted all these sports would I have to pay for one sports package or will I have to pay for each one individually?

I have dish through dish network which does not require signing a contract. If thats what you are looking for. My neighbor has comcast and it has not been the same for her after the storm since she still has problems with it today. I only had to move my dish back into its proper coordinates and I got the feed again. Real simple compared to waiting for a cable technician to see whats wrong with the cable lines at the utility poles. I watch a lot of sports. You can always go their web site and compare dishnetwork.com

If I wanted all these sports would I have to pay for one sports package or will I have to pay for each one individually?

 

individually

DirecTV is the only one with the NFL package.

 

DiurecTV was one of my first purchases since I started living on my own, and it's the best way to go if you are going with a satellite. Get a DVR with it as well and your life will be complete.

yep ... direcTv with DVR service is the way to be

 

the pricing is pretty good, service is pretty good, never have had a problem with reception and most importantly to me - they are the only ones who offer the NFL package

Dish is the cheaper, more comprehensive one. Dish has MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, and the NCAA Packages. The NFL Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DirecTV, but your local CBS and FOX stations should have 3 games between them a week, then add on NBC with the Sunday Night Game, and ESPN with MNF and you have around 5 games a week.

 

I prefer Dish's prices, service, and system to DirecTV. Dish Network also has FSN Houston in your area which carries the Astros and Rockets, along with other FSN programs on FSN Southwest.

 

Dish also has a better HD lineup. http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/program...hhd/index.shtml

 

http://www.dishnetwork.com/ has the info you need. All their boxes are good and you can have 2 TV out of one box with different programs like I do with my DISH 322. If you plug it into the phoneline, extra boxes don't cost you anything.

  • Author

Thanks for your help.By the way I hate the Rockets and the Astros since I recently just moved I just wanted to see some Miami Sports so I can forget that I am in Houston.

Thanks for your help.By the way I hate the Rockets and the Astros since I recently just moved I just wanted to see some Miami Sports so I can forget that I am in Houston.

 

Well, the problem is with either service, if you have the Fish playing the Astros/Rangers or the Heat playing the Rockets, you will have to watch on FSN Houston/Southwest or KNWS-51 depending on who is the local broadcaster. Other than that Dish's MLB package would give you over 150 Marlin games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.