Horror Genre

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

Begin nominations for any movie you think are necessary for someone to watch before they die. Feel free to nominate as many as you want within this specific genre. You may also repeat names that have already been mentioned. Discussion is also permitted.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original). My personal scariest movie of all time.

Halloween.

Army of Darkness. I know, it fits in like three categories, but I like it more than either of the Evil Dead's.

Dead Alive. Mr. King Kong and Lord of the Ring's first major picture. More sick than scary, but some pretty funny stuff, too. A kung fu priest saying, "I kick ass for the lord," and the hero swinging a lawnmower are just SOME of the highlights.

American Psycho.

That's mine.

Blair Witch Project (Go ahead and hate)

Only if you'd have put a 2 at the end.

DAMN YOU FOR PUTTING BLAIR WITCH! DAMN YOU, PASSION!

I was personally bored to tears, but I can see why you'd put it on here. The ending definitely saved the rest of the "documentary."

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (current one)

The Shining

Halloween series

Saw I and II

No

Yes

Only the first

No

I'm Buckeye and I agree with this message.

The CURRENT Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Man, gimme what you're smoking, because that Biel girl being all hot is the only reason to see that movie, and she's only all hot for about 10 minutes before she's all nasty and screaming.

I just think at the time, and for what it was and the originality of it, it was pretty good. It's just become an easy thing to hate on. I really enjoyed it.

I agree with you. Very original, and quite scary if you went in (as one should) with a clear head and no expectations.

My add: F.W. Murnau's "Nosferatu".

Man I don't know. I love watching scary movies but never really get scared.

I nominate the original Halloween and Halloween H20. The first Halloween because it introduced this great series and H20 because I think I was 9 or 10 when I saw it and it scared the crap out of me. The table scene scared me and whenever I saw any Halloween movie I always muted it when that music came on.

Man I don't know. I love watching scary movies but never really get scared.

I nominate the original Halloween and Halloween H20. The first Halloween because it introduced this great series and H20 because I think I was 9 or 10 when I saw it and it scared the crap out of me. The table scene scared me and whenever I saw any Halloween movie I always muted it when that music came on.

I used to live in Dayton, Ohio and there's this little town called Fairborn right next to it. Anyways, the little town of Fairborn goes absolutely CRAZY during Halloween. It's due partly to the fact that Ray Foy (possibly the town drug dealer) owns 4 costume shops (one of which is a hardware store/costume shop) in the town, a Halloween museum, among other things.

Anyways, a few weeks before Halloween they put up these speakers from all the streetlamps and those speakers pump the Halloween theme for a whole months, 24/7. It's crazy. Nobody lives in the actual little part of town where they do this, but if you live close you can hear this crap and the town itself is about four blocks long. So, it's just damn weird going through there at this time.

Not to mention that Ray Foy owns a couple of hearses which are Halloween decorated in his front lawn all year long.