March 25, 200620 yr i didn't realize how long overdue i was in writing an entry. these last few days have been sort of a weird schedule. an off day on monday was too boring. it's weird having an off day when you've adjusted your schedule. i still wake up at 7 am no matter what time we have to be at the park. that's why these night games have been kind of weird also. wake up at 7, and sit around until 2 until it's time to head to the park. plus i'm usually in bed by the time the night games end (10 / 10:30). our trip to vero was succesful as everyone saw. d-train threw exceptionally well. cruz jr. was able to get ahold of a low fastball or slider that he yanked out to left center. other than that he kept the ball down in the zone, pounded the fastball inside which is a necessity. you start leavin the ball over the plate and letting hitters get their arms extended and bad things will happen - as you saw with lowe pitching. our lineup tore him up when he left the ball out over the plate, but when he was able to keep his sinker and slider down in the zone, he was effective. it's a race down to the last week for the final spots on the roster. definitely not an easy decision for joe on who to keep in some spots. i'm gonna shower up and head to the field. we're goin down to ft. lauderdale today. holly what do you mean i'm never around for pictures. i'm always there, you just don't love me anymore :boo-woo
March 25, 200620 yr ... d-train threw exceptionally well. cruz jr. was able to get ahold of a low fastball or slider that he yanked out to left center. other than that he kept the ball down in the zone, pounded the fastball inside which is a necessity. you start leavin the ball over the plate and letting hitters get their arms extended and bad things will happen - as you saw with lowe pitching. our lineup tore him up when he left the ball out over the plate, but when he was able to keep his sinker and slider down in the zone, he was effective. Great news. Thanks once again for sharing this info with us; we're trying to follow these games in the dark (no TV, no radio), and you can't get this stuff from boxscores. You the man, Jorg! :thumbup
March 25, 200620 yr holly what do you mean i'm never around for pictures. i'm always there, you just don't love me anymore :boo-woo :lol :lol :lol
March 25, 200620 yr Thanks for the update Jorg. Good luck in today's game (Spring Training is almost over already :confused ), and sorry to hear Holly doesn't love you anymore.
March 25, 200620 yr I still love ya Jorg. I am going to two games next week so I will be taking pictures of you. btw: Maybe come around the bullpen area because the zoom on my ditigal camera is pretty bad. So the pictures kinda get blurry. Maybe I should bring my sisters photography camera :mischief2 Oh and also did you see my recent pictures? If not here they are. See you are not left out.
March 25, 200620 yr Thanks for the update Jorg! I'll be making the trip to Jupiter tomorrow to catch some baseball... Can't believe that ST is already almost over... Can't wait for the season to start!
March 25, 200620 yr Hey Jorg, aside from all the obvious changes (smaller roster, longer innings from starters, etc) what changes happen as Spring Training winds down and the season is closer to starting?
March 25, 200620 yr Jorg! Now that the roster spots are coming down to the wire, do you notice any difference in atittude or behavior between the players? Is the competition fierce at all, or is it friendly? You don't have to name names or anything Oh, and Holly did mention that she goes for older guys. Good luck, buddy :wub: Just messin around! Or am I?
March 26, 200620 yr Jorg....I always look forward to your entries.I may be many miles away but when I read your entries I kind of feel like I'm there watching the games.And Holly,your fantastic pictures helps with that too!!
March 26, 200620 yr mazmarlins, Where in Anchorage are you? I was at Elmendorf from '94-'97. In Naples, FL now. Sorry about the OT.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.