Marlins in Tallahassee

Lefty

So I called the local Comcast branch, and spoke with a fairly knowledgable representative. I explained politely that I was very upset that FSN wasn't in the cable lineup (and also mentioned that it was in lineups throughout the majority of Florida).

She basically told me that they are working on adding it, and then asked me if I would partake in a survey regarding that issue.

The three questions she asked were as follows:

1) Would you be willing to pay 4-6 extra dollars a month to add FSN to the tv schedule?

2) Would you be willing to pay 2-3 extra dollars a month to add FSN to the tv schedule?

3) Would you be willing to pay 5 extra dollars a month for a sports tv package that (I assume) would include FSN?

I literally LOLed to the woman at the first question. After I was finished my ridiculing chuckle, I told her that there is no way I should have to pay 4-6 dollars just for one channel that should be in their lineup anyway.

She asked the 2nd question pretty quickly because she knew I'd laugh again.

Then the third question I said 'no', and she told me that if I said yes it would help expedite the process of adding FSN to Comcast Tallahassee. So I changed my answer to 'yes' and told her to write a stipulation in my survey:

"Customer says yes pending free subscription to Playboy." (I really said that).

She kinda laughed and then I asked her how many other people were filing complaints/concerns. She said there were a lot and that likely FSN would be added by August or September. I'm thinking great! Just in time for the playoff run, and that's when I'm coming back for fall semester (end of August). Then I asked her why they hadn't added it yet, and she told me she couldn't tell me--but then changed her mind and told me that it would cost extra money (she didn't seem too sure).

I thanked her for the information, and told her that I'd keep calling back everyday and bitching if, upon my fall return, FSN was not added to the roster. And you better believe I'm serious.

I guess I still have to suffer the next 2+ weeks of no Marlins, but I think it should work out by August-ish. I swear, if I have to come back for fall semester and don't get to see games the final month or so of the season, I will be pissed. There is absolutely no reason why they can continue denying Tallahassee residents (30-40,000 of whom have permanent homes in South Florida, give or take) FSN.

That is all.

I'm in Champaign, IL now and we had Fox Sports Chicago and WGN the past 3 years I've been up here. Then all of the sudden they got Comcast Sports Channel and misteriously Fox Sports Chicago switched to Fox Sports Midwest. Seriously, no one noticed the change until it came time for baseball and I saw Cardinals spring training talk on it. Needless to say I have become even less productive up at school now that we get every Cardinals game on TV. Meanwhile, the rest of the state has had FSM. So I've felt your pain.

there was a bar to near there across form the winn dixie and worlds gym that we used to see every football game on the nfl ticket forgot the name used to go there to watch the dolphin games

Ya I know what you're talking about (name slipped my mind). I never go there, but I might now that you told me that.

go to buffalo wild wings to watch the fish games while youre there... they get the baseball package there and have more than enough to tvs to put on whichever game you want... or at least this was the case a few years ago... i transferred to uf so i could get fsn

I don't get Foxsports Florida in my room, but the other two DirecTV recievers in the house get it just fine. How that happens I don't know, but I'm afraid calling in to DireTV would somehow get FSN removed from the other TV's in the house. So i'm doomed to watching the marlins downstairs and being unproductive when they come on.

I called cox cable in Gainesville. They said they have no control over what's on the channel and that I would have to call FSN to get that straightened out. So I called FSN and they played a message which said that my cable operator (cox) decided not to show us the games. FSN is closed right now so I didn't get to speak to a person. I hate cox cable. Of course they have control over what they show on their goddamn cable.

After waiting anxiously for the game to start at 1:00, I turned the channel to Sunshine/SunSports in Gainesville, only to have a fishing program on instead...unbelievable. Anyone else gonna call Cox cable in Gainesville to bitch?

I called in Tally and they said it wasn't scheduled. Can't do anything...

It's bulls***.

im on the phone with cox right now.... theyre still worthless and helpless.... according to their listings the game should be showed in gainesville... cox is closed on sundays and only has an answering service picking up phone for them... they told me yesterday that it should have been on but nobody could find a reason for it not to be and the supervisor said it had to be fsns fault.... but.. fsn says its up to the cable provider...

im on the phone with cox right now.... theyre still worthless and helpless.... according to their listings the game should be showed in gainesville... cox is closed on sundays and only has an answering service picking up phone for them... they told me yesterday that it should have been on but nobody could find a reason for it not to be and the supervisor said it had to be fsns fault.... but.. fsn says its up to the cable provider...

eh...it's supposed to be on sun sports, not fsn.

yes.... the fsn comment was from yesterday..... when cox actually answered their phone... today i just got an answering service that told me... "hmmmm.. it says it should be on... but weird, its not" .... on second look... the word "yesterday" is already written in my original post... but nice try with comment buddy

I don't get Foxsports Florida in my room, but the other two DirecTV recievers in the house get it just fine. How that happens I don't know, but I'm afraid calling in to DireTV would somehow get FSN removed from the other TV's in the house. So i'm doomed to watching the marlins downstairs and being unproductive when they come on.

Unplug the box in your room for a minute and then plug it back into the electrical outlet.