marines never cut and run?

^_^

i dunno but all these sigs people have with "cowards cut and run and marines never do" or whatever it is are annoying me. aside if from being cliched showing they cant even think for themselves it also shows they don't even know the truth. how about researching the 1983 beirut barracks bombing? within 4 months they were moved off shore and by 6 months completely retreated.

Guest markotsay7

Over 200 Marines were killed and they weren't doing anything in Lebanon during their Civil War. Had Reagan left them there, there would have been protests by the liberals about how unsafe it was and how they wanted to "stop killing our kids." Liberals are never happy.

i just keep imagining accord running in with a grenade launcher trying to introduce you to his little buddy.

i dont care and its not just him i've seen a couple people with it. like i said not only are they showing they cant think for themselves but they dont even care to know the truth or are too dumb to realize the truth. its just annoying.

Over 200 Marines were killed and they weren't doing anything in Lebanon during their Civil War. Had Reagan left them there, there would have been protests by the liberals about how unsafe it was and how they wanted to "stop killing our kids." Liberals are never happy.

ohok so marines never cut and run unless they get killed and shot at. there was not even much of a response except retreat. 200 marines get killed and they run without any major retalliation and its honorary. people calling for the withdrawl of troops because thousands of troops have died is cowardly. makes sense to me.

Guest markotsay7

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ Apr 24 2006, 1:44 PM) 1120064[/snapback]

ohok so marines never cut and run unless they get killed and shot at. there was not even much of a response except retreat.

Why were they there? The PLO had already withdrawn from Lebanon. They were there solely to help transition to Lebanon's new government. They stopped terrorist attacks before. Israel agreed to pull out from Beirut. They'd accomplished their mission. The marines were constantly under fire and there was no reason for them to be there.

Why were they there? The PLO had already withdrawn from Lebanon. They were there solely to help transition to Lebanon's new government. They stopped terrorist attacks before. Israel agreed to pull out from Beirut. They'd accomplished their mission. The marines were constantly under fire and there was no reason for them to be there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/23/...ain579638.shtml

"

The Marines were in Lebanon as part of an international peacekeeping force trying to stabilize the country, which had been torn by a civil war between Christians ? with their ally Israel ? and Muslims.

"

"U.S. troops left Lebanon in February 1984."

it was a peacekeeping mission. seems like they did well. :rolleyes: the french retaliated we had a plan and aborted it. reagan said we would keep a presence there but within six months we were gone.

i dont care and its not just him i've seen a couple people with it. like i said not only are they showing they cant think for themselves but they dont even care to know the truth or are too dumb to realize the truth. its just annoying.

It's not just Accord? Uhhhh, i've never even had that in my signature.

The whole "cowards cut and run, Marines never do" is nothing more than stupid rhetoric in response to Murtha and trying to dishonor his service, which is wrong.

And it is flat out absurd that you accuse people of not being able to think for themselves because they do have that in their signature, that is so twisted and so far from the truth..

ohok so marines never cut and run unless they get killed and shot at. there was not even much of a response except retreat. 200 marines get killed and they run without any major retalliation and its honorary. people calling for the withdrawl of troops because thousands of troops have died is cowardly. makes sense to me.

You're too damn ignorant to realize that MARINES DON'T MAKE POLICY, they merely carry it out. Marines do not decide where they go or when they leave, Marines did not decide to pullout of Beirut, Ronald Reagan ORDERED the pullout of all American forces.

Liberals say that they're against the war but still support the troops - bulls***... just look at this thread you made. Ridiculous. I may not have ever had that cut and run quote in my signature, however I do have one that most certainly applies to you: "Freedom has a flavor the proteced will never know."

Get a clue before you open your mouth (or in this case, fingertips).

"You're too damn ignorant to realize that MARINES DON'T MAKE POLICY, they merely carry it out. Marines do not decide where they go or when they leave, Marines did not decide to pullout of Beirut, Ronald Reagan ORDERED the pullout of all American forces.

People say that they're against the war but still support the troops - bulls***... just look at this thread you made. Ridiculous. Get a clue before you open your mouth (or in this case, fingertips)."

the prez is the leader of the armed forces. it was also the defense secretary weinberger who shot down any idea of retaliation. if you think single marines should decide how it should be run that is your perogative but the two people who reigned over them decided it was best to cut and run. :blink: bunch of pansies.

the prez is the leader of the armed forces. it was also the defense secretary weinberger who shot down any idea of retaliation. if you think single marines should decide how it should be run that is your perogative but the two people who reigned over them decided it was best to cut and run. :blink: bunch of pansies.

The logic you're using is absolutely mindnumbing. What the hell is the point you're trying to make? First you say that Marines cut and run like cowards if they get shot at and use Beirut as an example, then I disproved everything you said by informing you that it was not Marines who decided to leave Lebanon, it was the President who ordered the pullout, then you come back with this mindnumbing post which contradicts every single thing you stated above in this thread.

You just keep digging yourself deeper with each post.

The logic you're using is absolutely mindnumbing. What the hell is the point you're trying to make? First you say that Marines cut and run like cowards if they get shot at and use Beirut as an example, then I disproved everything you said by informing you that it was not Marines who decided to leave Lebanon, it was the President who ordered the pullout, then you come back with this mindnumbing post which contradicts every single thing you stated above in this thread.

You just keep digging yourself deeper with each post.

kay. i am not sure it was ronald who told them to move off shore, i think it was the marines who made that move. but you're right ron did call them back completely so the saying should be: marines don't know if they should cut or run they leave that up to presidents to decide, but if you think you should cut and run you are a coward. thats fine with me too. i was just saying its stupid for people to say "marines never cut and run, only cowards do."

kay. i am not sure it was ronald who told them to move off shore, i think it was the marines who made that move. but you're right ron did call them back completely so the saying should be: marines don't know if they should cut or run they leave that up to presidents to decide, but if you think you should cut and run you are a coward. thats fine with me too. i was just saying its stupid for people to say "marines never cut and run, only cowards do."

Like I said above, get a clue before you start making posts like this. I am stating indisputible facts here, and you're just going off by what you think "might" have happened. The Marines were in Lebanon until Ronald Reagan ordered them out of the country and back to the Navy ships offshore; again, let me emphasize that it was Ronald Reagan who ordered the Marines back to the Navy ships offshore. This is not up for debate, it is a well known historical event - feel free to look it up.

Also, "Marines" is always capitalized as it is a proper noun, unless you're talking about a place that sells boating equipment.

Accord and MK7, explain to me why youre both obsessed with labelling any argument someone makes with the term liberal? This guy just posted his opinion and rather than acting like most intelligent people and just resonding, you give the Ann Coulter response. An intelligent response by MK7 would have been to explain why removing the Marines in Beurit was necessary and not cutting and running. Instead you have the usual "but liberals eat babies and they would have eaten babies until the troops they hate kill themselves!" idiotic response. To accord's credit, he actually addressed it initially but then decided to make it about the liberals and war stupidity.

Seriously, try actually going 5 responses into the bullpen without making an accusation about liberals. I bet your heads would explode.

It's pretty obvious that your political beliefs form around your hate for liberals(ala Coulter, Limbaugh) and not around your own thoughts.

btw, I happen to think he is wrong about Beirut too. But oh no..Im a liberal!! Heads exploding?

This thread is ridunkulous!

What about people who are for the war and against the troops?

:lol

if Presient Bush came out and said "All Marines who want to, can leave Iraq without any consequences," I will gurantee you 98% of the troops would stay, and the others would be disgraced so much theyd have to leave the core.

The saying is more symbolic of the "Never leave a man behind" kind of slogan. It shows that Marines will not admit defeat and will not leave until the job is done. The Marines are called the 'Devil Dogs' for a reason.

Calling someone a liberal or conservative these days is just fancy namecalling. And it's the worst kind because you go, "YOU'RE A LIBERAL!" And the guy called that usually goes, "You know, you're right! You damn conservative!" And then the first guy goes, "I AM a conservative."

Of course, by liberal and conservative you merely mean the worst stereotypes of both, which is just stupid. Why not just say, "You're the worst type of stereotype of a conservative I can think of," if that's what you really mean.

I'm glad I don't know who Anne Coulter is. She must be the "female Rush Limbaugh." There, I'm guilty of it, too. I just called Anne Coulter a name! Teehee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.