Minor League Studs

Lefty

Ok, I have a general idea of who is a top spect and who has potential...

Thanks for Future_GM, I have decided to start getting autographs TTM. I know basically who I want to get in the Marlin's system, but I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction outside of our farm. Guys like Liriano, Milledge, Lester, etc--I know about them. I'm looking for lesser known players with ML potential.

Even if you can only mention one good name, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance!

(Also, if anyone could tell me some good sports collector stores in the Ft. Lauderdale area that have minor league player cards)

Somewhere online is the Baseball America yearly list of Baseball's top 100 prospects. That's a good place to start if you don't know much about the minors.

MiLB.com has a player search feature, so you can find any players along with their season stats and current teams.

If you want links to every minor league team that exists, check out GameDayRosters.com. I use it frequently to look at Minor League team rosters.

I don't know if these guys have any cards but...

Jeremy Sowers of the Indians(went 14-4 with a 2.37 era in the minors last season) is 2-1 with a 1.50 era this season.

James Johnson who was named the Orioles pitcher of the year last season and went 12-9 with a sub 3.50 era is 3-0 with a 3.52 era.

Hunter Pence(Astros) hit 31 homeruns with two Class A clubs last season has hit .356 with 5 homeruns 18 runs batted in and has 3 stolen bases in just 73 ABs.

Jordan Tata(Tigers) went 13-2 with a 2.79 era in Single-A last season.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.