Marlins are buyers?

No Cobra, you're not alone.

I keep going back and forth on this and I've decided whatever Loria and Beinfest ultimately decide will be okay with me. Yes, there are certain players, some in the minors, some name MLers who I think could contribute not just as rentals but in the longrun, so long as the price is right, but so far almost everyone mentioned by the Berardino's and his peers don't improve the team, unless you think a .205 hitting Luis Matos is the answer and I don't.

Am I the only one who thinks that even if we make it to .500 by the break we probably shouldn't break our backs to bring in a CFer? There doesn't seem to be many options out there that fit our needs, either offensively or finacially. And sure they're playing great right now, but there's a lot of season in front of them, as much as I'd love to see them keep it up I'm not expecting it. This team is stacked for the next few years and trading away parts of that now for an improbable run just doesn't make sense. I rather them just let this season play itself out and go after next year hardcore. Just my $.02.

If you get to .500 you'll be 2 or 3 games out of the WC. On a typical year this team wouldn't have a shot at the WC but this year the NL is terrible... 85 wins may get you the WC. Ross, Borchard and Almezaga have done good things but they belong on the bench. The other guy doesn't belong in a MLB discussion so I wont mention him. We need another OF.

I'm inclined to agree, with no real stand out team in the NL (every team has its issues) the Marlins could be the beneficiary of parity, or if you prefer, bad teams. I don't want to see the farm spent on a rental, but there's a lot that can happen between now and the deadline, and the sooner a few things go our way (Uggla getting healthy, Cabrera going on a power binge) the more likely I am to say that I think we can hold in the wild-card picture (note: I never said win), and that to me says that you should make a move to help the club in a glaring area of need.

No Cobra, you're not alone.

I keep going back and forth on this and I've decided whatever Loria and Beinfest ultimately decide will be okay with me. Yes, there are certain players, some in the minors, some name MLers who I think could contribute not just as rentals but in the longrun, so long as the price is right, but so far almost everyone mentioned by the Berardino's and his peers don't improve the team, unless you think a .205 hitting Luis Matos is the answer and I don't.

I agree with Marlins2003 that w/e Loria and Beinfest choose or do is ok with me I think they know best but I still would like to see Crawford in a Marlins uniform this season if we can get that done I say we can be one of the top 3 teams in the NL :thumbup

yea if we do any trades it has to be for a prospect OFer not one whos somewhat established and it will probly take anibal and gaby to get crawford which i wouldnt even want to do because of crawfords OBP maybe we can talk to the DRays and try to see if we can get Delmon while he's suspended

Delmon's not suspended anymore. The D-Rays are less likely to deal Crawford now that they shipped out Gathright.