Barron looks like a lock

Jimmy42Jack0

He needs to develope more of an inside presence.

Did you see Wright's stat lines lately? Pretty impressive as well and shut down the number 3 pick in the draft defensively.

yeah...wright has had quite a summer as well...its good to see that with guys such as barron, simien, wright and of course wade, that we are still a young and upcoming team that will just need to add small pieces to the puzzle instead of having to make blockbuster trades(although we have made out quite well in those too)

kid has really been impressing during summer ball...cant wait to see what he can do with some legit minutes...which is why in a way, i kinda hope Zo rides off into the sunset...i think barron is more than capable of being the backup center this year

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15034436.htm

Barron has been impressive, but you'd have to be crazy to hope Zo retires so he could get minutes. I think Zo comes back for one more season, but if he doesn't, I think the Heat will sign another big man rather than hand the minutes over to Earl. The following year, I could see Barron playing a larger role. The best I think he can hope for this season is that Doleac is dealt and he could slide into the #3 center slot. With Shaq and Zo on the roster, Barron would still see legit minutes because both of those guys are likely to miss at least 10 games per season.

Dealing Doleac + Walker would be nice for a backup point guard in my eyes

I would deal Doleac for a backup point guard, but there would be no reason to trade Walker for a reserve. Not to mention that the salaries would have to be close and if Walker were to be traded for a backup PG, it would be one very expensive backup.

My dream lineup for next year

C Shaq + Zo + Barron

PF Haslem + Simeon + something

SF Posey + Wright

SG Wade + Wright + Payton ?

PG someone traded for + Williams

I would like williams off of the bench for instant offense and would keep him more fresh, specially if we could get a starting point guard (sorry should of said starter more then a backup before)

But, I am a fan of Wright also and think the kid is ready for the NBA. I love how he shut down morrison

kid has really been impressing during summer ball...cant wait to see what he can do with some legit minutes...which is why in a way, i kinda hope Zo rides off into the sunset...i think barron is more than capable of being the backup center this year

Barron has been impressive, but you'd have to be crazy to hope Zo retires so he could get minutes. I think Zo comes back for one more season, but if he doesn't, I think the Heat will sign another big man rather than hand the minutes over to Earl. The following year, I could see Barron playing a larger role. The best I think he can hope for this season is that Doleac is dealt and he could slide into the #3 center slot. With Shaq and Zo on the roster, Barron would still see legit minutes because both of those guys are likely to miss at least 10 games per season.

true...but i kinda like having doleac around...and in reference to another post...why the hell would we trade walker? he might not be anyone's favorite player but i the playoffs he was our 2nd leading scorer and we dont win the finals without him

true...but i kinda like having doleac around...and in reference to another post...why the hell would we trade walker? he might not be anyone's favorite player but i the playoffs he was our 2nd leading scorer and we dont win the finals without him

I agree about Walker. Nothing he does looks pretty, and he does shoot too much, but he was an important part of the Heat's championship. He is a proven scorer and really started fitting in well at the end of the year. That said, I would have no problem trading him and his large contract if a player of his caliber or better were available, but certainly not for a backup PG.

noody is saying him over zo we are saying him over doleac for 3rd string perhaps some PF backup

Um yeah.

ZO not only was the BEST back up center in the league last season he was one of the best centers overall when he started, while Shaq was sidelined. To say you rather have Barron over ZO is absurd. Barron has potential to be a good quality player in the NBA but to say you rather have him over ZO is down right crazy.

i realize how good zo is...but if you want barron to have any kinda of adjustment period to get over, he should do it with shaq still being a semi effective player...he shouldn't have to develop into a legit NBA center as the heat reload when shaq retires in the next 2-3 years

ZO not only was the BEST back up center in the league last season he was one of the best centers overall when he started, while Shaq was sidelined. To say you rather have Barron over ZO is absurd. Barron has potential to be a good quality player in the NBA but to say you rather have him over ZO is down right crazy.

i realize how good zo is...but if you want barron to have any kinda of adjustment period to get over, he should do it with shaq still being a semi effective player...he shouldn't have to develop into a legit NBA center as the heat reload when shaq retires in the next 2-3 years

Next season isnt 2-3 years from now. Next season should be another title run with the best possible players. If ZO wants to play next season he should comeback and be our back up center.

Without Walker we win the championship in 5 games. Don't let the Heat's overall success permeate judgement on individual players. Walker was a tremendous handicap, and we won despite him not because of him.

If we could trade him for a reasonable starting point guard, I would be ecstatic. Unfortunately, with one of the worst contracts in basketball, I don't see the Heat being able to get rid of him. If we are to do well again next year, we need to put him back as the 6th man and stop him from taking shots. Shaq needs to take back every shot that he lost to Walker.

Dude's 7 feet tall and couldn't manage to sniff the draft.

Do you have any idea how many undrafted 7-footers develop into 'legit' NBA centers?

The Heat has no obligation to 'develop' any player, particularly not when it costs wins. And I'll break the news to you now; Earl Barron has absolutely no future on this team.

Suggesting that the Heat should dump Zo because he's hindering Earl Barron's development is about as spot-on as arguing that the United States shouldn't keep any military forces overseas because america = teh evil.