South Florida Record Stores

I guess I meant more independent stores. I'm sick of going into stores and not being able to find the album I'm looking because they have 40 copies of James Blunt.

Find a college. Go to it. There's bound to be record stores worth a darn near any campus.

I guess I meant more independent stores. I'm sick of going into stores and not being able to find the album I'm looking because they have 40 copies of James Blunt.

Find a college. Go to it. There's bound to be record stores worth a darn near any campus.

I was hoping one of the FIU people would help me out, since I go there in the fall.

CD Warehouse in Boca (Mostly indie and electronic music)

Karma Records in Oakland Park (Mostly electronic music and vinyl)

Uncle Sams Music (Lauderdale, mostly indie, punk, ska, hardcore and electronic)

Backdoor Records (Off Hallandale Beach Blvd. Mostly underground eletronica vinyl. Great store if your a DJ)

There is another underground shop on Washington Avenue in South Beach. I used to shop there all the time but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. Mostly imported stuff. If I remember I'll edit this post.

uncle sams in south beach is one of the best places for used/new music

blue note in north miami beach but I dont think its open anymore (damn shame) they specialized in jazz, blues, south florida music and hip hop / punk

peaches on sunrise/broward blvd I cant think of the name but its one of the longest running independent stores in south florida

I honestly find that between Best Buy and Borders, I'm pretty much covered. They both have pretty wide-ranging selections. Starbucks music stores are pretty solid as well.

What are you looking for that Best Buy doesn't have?

It's not so much they don't have it, it's just that I have to get lucky to find everything I'm looking for. For instance, I went today to look for the new Golden Smog record, Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, and some other stuff, and they didn't have the Miles Davis record I was looking for. I'm not saying indie stores would, but at least you can ask them to order stuff for you, and there is generally a better atmosphere.