July 23, 200620 yr The pittsburgh penguins ownership group rejected mark cuban's and dan marinos bid. The front runner is some guy from hartford who bid 175 million. He hasnt stated if he would keep the team in pitt or move them. My guess would be move. The group that has the second highest bid is from boston and they have already said they want the team in hartford. Bring back the Whale!
July 23, 200620 yr I'd love to see Hartford get a franchise back but not at the expense of Pittsburgh. Winnipeg also has a new NHL-ready arena and probably deserves to get a team again.
July 24, 200620 yr I followed Hartford quite thoroughly before they moved to Carolina. If they come back, I'll follow them again. Great team with a lot of history. That city deserves a team more than Pittsburgh does. No doubt about that.
July 24, 200620 yr I followed Hartford quite thoroughly before they moved to Carolina. If they come back, I'll follow them again. Great team with a lot of history. That city deserves a team more than Pittsburgh does. No doubt about that. No, they don't. Pittsburgh has a hell of a lot more history than the Whalers do. And the Pens are in a similar situation to the Marlins. Have you ever been to the Mellon Arena AKA the Igloo? Its one of the worst places to go see a game that I've ever experienced. Hartford couldn't come up with the funds to keep the team. Therefore how do they deserve one more than Pittsburgh?
July 24, 200620 yr Pittsburgh only cares about the Steelers. The Pens have the best young player in hockey and tons of young talent surrounding him or on the way -- and they don't draw anyone. You could re-locate the Pens to Hartford and I really don't think anyone would give a damn.
July 24, 200620 yr According to ESPN they were at 93.2% capacity for the year. Pretty good for a last place team. Mellon Arena has to be one of the worst current arenas, regardless of sport, in the country.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.