Castro temporarily relinquishes power

Dodge

For the first time in 47 years, Fidel has handed over power to his younger brother Raul. There are always rumors that Fidel is sick, but apprently this time, it was serious enough to hand over power. Fidel is in the hospital and undergoing surgery for some sort of intestinal bleeding. What was unusual is that Fidel himself did not make this announcement, rather it was a member of his government. Fidel usually likes to make important statements himself, so he must be unable to appear on camera. Even though this is unprecedented, this isnt a huge change, because the U.S will not support handing over power within the family and will only support having free elections.

This is all per CBS4.

Guest Juanky

Most heard rumors right now:

- Fidel could not survive the surgery, hence the relegation of power. Kind of like how a President turns over power when he's knocked out. I think this one is likely.

- Fidel's been dead anywhere from a day to from right after he returned from Argentina. Unlikely, but yanevaknow. All the footage we're seeing is a couple decades' old.

- Raul overthrew his brother. F for creativity and not possible either.

- Fidel's condition is so bad they're just going to let him die peacefully. I'd doubt it, but it's more plausible then 2 and 3.

I love it when Fidel "dies." Fun times had by all!

Most heard rumors right now:

- Fidel could not survive the surgery, hence the relegation of power. Kind of like how a President turns over power when he's knocked out. I think this one is likely.

- Fidel's been dead anywhere from a day to from right after he returned from Argentina. Unlikely, but yanevaknow. All the footage we're seeing is a couple decades' old.

- Raul overthrew his brother. F for creativity and not possible either.

- Fidel's condition is so bad they're just going to let him die peacefully. I'd doubt it, but it's more plausible then 2 and 3.

I love it when Fidel "dies." Fun times had by all!

I vote for #1, that or he is didn't survived the surgery

It would all depend on what happens after Fidel leaves us...

That would be up to the people, do they continue being held down or rise up...

That's the real question.

IMO. If Fidel is gone, a radical change is inevitable. The system is based on one figure, once you remove that figure the system must be replaced with something new

last day seen in public 7/26