Tom Brady linked to Balco?

Junior

Bonds' trainer says jail threat won't break his silence, evokes Tom Brady's name

By PAUL ELIAS, Associated Press Writer

August 17, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds' personal trainer may go back to jail for refusing again to testify about his acquaintances before a grand jury. What he told federal prosecutors, however, has dragged Tom Brady's name into the BALCO case.

In a June statement to prosecutors about his intentions to stay mum, Greg Anderson said he and the New England Patriots quarterback had spoken over the phone -- but never established further contact.

"I had only one brief conversation with Tom Brady regarding a potential future workout," Anderson said. "I never had another phone conversation with him and never discussed it with anyone."

Anderson also told federal prosecutors June 23 that he would continue to withhold testimony from a newly assembled grand jury that is reportedly also investigating track coach Trevor Graham.

"I will not ever make statements about other people," Anderson said in the statement, which was included in court documents unsealed Wednesday. "That has always been my position and will continue to be."

On Thursday, prosecutors planned to ask U.S. District Judge William Alsup to send Anderson to prison if he stands by that policy.

Paula Canny, an Anderson attorney and friend, said Brady's name appears along with "10 to 20" other athletes that Anderson's grand jury subpoena lists as people the trainer should be prepared to answer questions about. Canny said investigators may have gotten Brady's name from Anderson's phone records seized by the government, though Anderson doesn't refer to any other athletes in his brief statement.

Brady attended the same Bay Area high school as Bonds. His agent, Donald Yee, couldn't be reached for comment Wednesday, and the New England Patriots declined comment on Anderson's statement.

"I don't have any information on it," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said. "I'm not going on hearsay."

bring it espn....im so ready for 24/7 coverage on this.....nah wait im ready for 24/6 coverage....on the 7th day you can talk about bonds, TO, williams and at night show us a yanks red sox game :plain

qoute of the year...espn is so overrated...yet since fox sports blows...im still forced to watch...awww...im watching it right now...anyways...not to add fuel to the fire or anything...but why do i seem to remember big tom not having a great arm in college and now he has one of the best arms in the game...i dont know...its probably nothing...

Everyone knows he was only seeking out Anderson for his expertise on weight training, vitamin supplements, and his way of applying flax-seed oil. That whole known steroid distributor things probably has nothing to do with his acclaim.

:lol

I love how everyone hates ESPN, but yet still watches it and brings it up all the time. They are obviously doing something to keep you watching.

Everyone knows he was only seeking out Anderson for his expertise on weight training, vitamin supplements, and his way of applying flax-seed oil. That whole known steroid distributor things probably has nothing to do with his acclaim.

:lol

I love how everyone hates ESPN, but yet still watches it and brings it up all the time. They are obviously doing something to keep you watching.

yeah...they show stuff about sports...which is less depressing than the news and better then lifetime...and the movie channels have jack sh*t on right now...plus their nfl coverable outside of TO and the patriot nut hugging is at least respectable

Guest Juanky

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing to me. Waste of an article.

On the ESPN front, if you don't like it - don't watch. I hate what it's become, and that's why I only watch ATH and PTI.