Rick Ross - Port of Miami

JonDigital

OK this really isn't a review thread on this album but more or less a discussion on what people (obviously those into hiphop) think about this new artist and his debut album. I gotta admit this cat has me hooked. This kind of rap usually isn't my cup of tea but there is something Rick Ross' flow that keeps me hooked. I could do without all the lyrics regardings his love for traffficking cocaine but all in all this album flows nicely. In fact he is comparing himself to legends like Biggie and Jay-Z in regards to how catchy and smooth his voice is.

"I see this album in the tradition of Reasonable Doubt and Ready To Die," says

Ross. "It's made to be a classic. It's made to make everyone stop and re-think

the whole game."

"I rep Miami, the 305. But my sound goes beyond the city. You can hear

everything from UGK to Jay-Z in my music. It's universal street music. There's

no area code on it."

Some of my favorite tracks...

Push It

Hustlin'

Cross That Line (Feat. Akon)

Where My Money (I Need That)

Pots And Pans (Feat. J Rock)

Street Life (Feat. Lloyd)

Hustlin' (Remix) (Feat. Jay-Z & Young Jeezy)

It Ain't A Problem (Feat. Carol City Cartel)

"Who the f*** you think you f***in with I'm da Boss."

What do you guys think?

Guest marlins02

right now im loving Cross that line (i aint a big fan of Akon but still) and Push it but i really aint heard much of the cd. of course everybody knows Everyday Im hustlin and the remix with jay.

Meh, my sister picked it up at Specs but I don't know if I'm really feeling it. A lot of times I ask myself if I'd even bother with it if this guy wasn't from Dade County, lol.

To me all his songs sound the same and are about the same thing, but the beats are good and some songs stick out...I like the one with Weezy, adn the one with Carol City Cartel is amusing.

man i was going to buy this sh*t, but like these other dudes said the cd has been out for ova month...... it is hot, that remix is wack.......

im not feelin ricky ricky ross.......

i went to target and bought the new obie trice cd, now that sh*t is fire..... too bad he is so underated the cd only sold 74.000 copies in its debut week....

that pushing it single is hot thou.... but ova all i dont think the port of miami is a classic.... too be honest i just think its a bunch of comerical garbage......

but then again comercial garbage is the only thing that sells who gives a f*** about lyrics?

and that hurts dudes like obie trice, lupe and siagon.....

i kno im off da topic..... but that lupe cd, was a classic to bad the streets leaked it.......

i went to target and bought the new obie trice cd, now that sh*t is fire..... too bad he is so underated the cd only sold 74.000 copies in its debut week....

Obie Trice isn't underated. He is on a record label that is sinking quickly. Just another tag along to Eminem. Regardless, everyone has there own tastes. Since playing the hell out of this Rick Ross cd I am beginning to see where you are coming from on that front.

man i was going to buy this sh*t, but like these other dudes said the cd has been out for ova month...... it is hot, that remix is wack.......

im not feelin ricky ricky ross.......

that pushing it single is hot thou.... but ova all i dont think the port of miami is a classic.... too be honest i just think its a bunch of comerical garbage......

but then again comercial garbage is the only thing that sells who gives a f*** about lyrics?

and that hurts dudes like obie trice, lupe and siagon.....

i kno im off da topic..... but that lupe cd, was a classic to bad the streets leaked it.......

ha, is that a joke? lupe sure is.